Suggest phone for 30k

vercetti

Skilled
Hey Guys,

I am plannin on getting a phone but not sure what to get.

i don't want the iphone as I have used it for quite sometime and need a change now

Can you guys suggest me some phones which I can get from here in Melbourne?

• Preferable touchscreen
  • 3G enabled

I can increase the budget if I can get something better.... max budget is 40k

So guys, give me some advices.... Free stuff when i come to India for ppl in Blore:D

vercetti said:
Coming in Nov end...how is the Z5500 doing...preety good deal huh;p....

I think its a steal deal mate...Bus yaar tera jaisa ek DVD library bananeka hai yaar.. I was kinda lost in the room for a short lot of time..kinda wanted to see my room like that..Once you get married i guess your stuff wil be packed and kept in corner and her stuff will be all over.. the room..

Sorry for being OT

eBRo

I think in iPhone 5G...u would be able to hold the iphone without a case and NOT lose any signal:(

I don't wanna carry off my iPhone4 in a case when I am going to parties:)

mjumrani said:
iPhone 5 will come in July as usual. They do have an image to maintain.

And this true with any phone, after 6 months or so every phone seems last gen. At least iPhone maintains its charm.

If you look at the specs, you wouldn't require much more out of a phone. The other issues are OS related anyways, so if 5G has something new, it would be more OS related besides the new hardware(maybe they will push up the camera or a bigger screen, can't think of much besides that) and looks and thus you will automatically get it. At least this is what i'm hoping.

If you are going to wait cause of the reception issue, Don't Be cause i never found any reception issue at all, even without the Bumper and even after holding the phone in the Cupped Way. The issue is actually at places where they have pathetic signal strength.

Lastly, Apple will release a new iPhone every year as planned in their road map, and iPhone will stay here for a LONG amount of time. Buying a new iphone every year is a reasonable and understandable upgrade.

And we still don't have the 3G technology apart from the MTNLs & the BSNLs, so forget about the 4G/5G thing for at least 3 years.

vercetti said:
I think in iPhone 5G...u would be able to hold the iphone without a case and NOT lose any signal:(

I don't wanna carry off my iPhone4 in a case when I am going to parties:)
The iphone signal reception issue was blown out of proportion. Like many said, it happens in areas with poor signal reception. So that signal reception should be least od your worries.

@OP, if you can hold your horses till October, you can get the newly announced Desire HD.

Full Flash 10 support
480 x 800 pixels, 4.3 inches
1.5 GB ROM; 768MB RAM
8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, dual-LED flash, 720p video recording
Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8255 1 GHz processor (new version of snapdragon processor with much better GPU and CPU)
Froyo
HTC Fast Boot (You should see how fast this thing boots)
HTC 2010 event coverage: The droids are coming - GSMArena.com (Desire HD hands on video : YouTube - HTC Desire HD demo video!)

Also, Froyo for SGS is out (official ROM) and should be available here in a week. many reported that lag issue is now gone and the OS is snappier.

Back