Suggestions for good anime/manga

Re: Anime Fans

finally got to watching Black Lagoon. good imo.

also started watching an old series - ghost stories. kiddy stuff. you might love it if you had a mind if a 10 year old.

me started watching ranma 1/2 again the series never gets old period

heard rumiko takeshi's another work is getting serialized as anyone seen that ?

People watch ¨Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann¨ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all epsodes on you****.com

Probably the most bada$$ character in amine I have ever seen, before finishing 10th ep most of you ĺl definetily say ¨who the f*** do you think I´m¨ <--need answer? watch the anime

ooops forgot to mention its Adult :D, kids stay away.. :p

foruamit2004 said:
People watch ¨Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann¨ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all epsodes on you****.com
Probably the most bada$$ character in amine I have ever seen, before finishing 10th ep most of you ĺl definetily say ¨who the f*** do you think I´m¨ <--need answer? watch the anime

ooops forgot to mention its Adult :D, kids stay away.. :p

there one gurren lagann on animax, is it the same one?
but the one on animax i dont think theres anything adult in that, i think the characters themselfs are kids.

Finished reading Yotsuba&! manga. it was quite funny. Also read the Angel Densetsu manga. imo its the most hilarious manga i've read till now. made my stomach pain with laughter.

ive been reading the latest arc of berserk...

each chapter takes atleast a month to release :(

also finished watching 'el cazador dela bruja'...average series/timepass

currently reading k-on, elfen lied and toradora manga

and learning japanese vocabulary lists :p

I feel animax isn't as good as it used to be. Me has some 256gb of anime lying around... How many guys read both the manga and episodes? I feel most of the content of the manga are cut out while making the series!

Heres my collection in random order:

Death note

claymore

darker than black

dbz,gt

xxxholic

monster

fma

ichigo 100%

bleach

naruto

naruto shippuuden

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Karin

Ouran High School Host Club

POT

Rosario + Vampire

Trigun

chrono crusade

I hardly watch TV :p so can say if its the same. Main chars are Kamina and simon. Its adult ćause of the language not ćause of the scene :) ... lol now even I´m confused. Todays kids watch more adult things then that :p

About the series its certainly in my top 5 list...
viralbug said:
there one gurren lagann on animax, is it the same one?
but the one on animax i dont think theres anything adult in that, i think the characters themselfs are kids.

Curerntly watching Kemono no Soja Erin - really lovely series - fantasy, awesome artwork and brilliant storyline. recommend it to one and all. And perfectly fine for all age groups :D

Another good dark / supernatural set of movies to watch is "Kara no Kyokai"

@nukeu - I wait for a few months for berserk / claymore / aerys chapters to accumulate and then read it in one go - more fun that way. However, at the end of the exercise I have withdrawal symptoms. Also where are you learning the set of phrases from ? I got a Japanese learning book, however have been off it because of lack of time :(

ive been learning kanji and vocab from JLPT Level 4 Study Page

grammar is the main problem...i used to goto a sensei but she canceled the classes after almost everyone left

im aiming to be done with the level 4 word list by end of the month then ask her for a grammar crash course

repetition is the only way to learn these...so i have it open in front of me all day and revise a page everytime i open TE which is often enough :p

i restarted reading berserk after almost a year and realised there are only about a dozen new chapters :(

quit watching bleach,naruto,OP anime long ago...only follow the manga now

OP rocks :p

^ check this out for starting to learn the Kanji. It gives real life sentences and you have to type in the correct word to score. I just started it day before yesterday.

Read The Kanji | Learn how to read japanese kanji!

Also install Rikaichan for FF if not installed. Helps in learning new kanji a lot, even if I keep tending to forget them after a week. :rofl:

Lucky Star. A nice funny anime. There is a character in this anime called Konata - I am pretty sure most of us here can relate to her. Addicted to animes,manga and videogames and studies only one nightbefore exams. Too bad it has got only 24 episodes. Checkout the sixth episode in which they make fun of Initial D.

Gintama. Another funny anime with a little bit of action every now and then. It makes reference to a lot of other animes and manga and mocks them. They didn't even spare Gundam. In the second season there is an episode in which they discuss on how they can extend their series, in this episode they mock dragonball but most of what they say is true for Dragonball (too much talk and flashbacks and very little action can help any series go to episode 300).

Finished Black Lagoon recently. Not so great, but as good as Gungrave and targeted at similar audiences.

Bakemonogatari - really wow visuals, very different. It has a 15 episode length with 5 out now.

Get it in 720p if possible!

Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei - Nice comedy types anime :)

Both have very nice varying visuals.

Back