Camera Suggestions on good dashcam under 5k for car

DrkLord

Adept
Hello, I am looking for suggestions for a good dashcam for car under 5k.
Features I am looking for:
1. Good video quality
2. Can record without overheating
3. Possibly type c power input
4. Good companion app for easy transfer to phone via wifi
5. Good field of view
6. Good night time quality

Neva mind, got your I'd confused with someone else

See if you can buy this for yourself

How much time ebay takes to deliver to India and will their be additional import duties, apart from the shipping fee of 10 usd?
Ddpai mini.
I have been looking at this, sits at 3.6k rn, hopefully goes down in the upcoming amazon sale.

I hope you dont have an iphone. The ddpai iphone app is buggy to the point of being unusable - same for qubo, nexdigitron etc. all of these are essentially the same hw/sw

I hope you dont have an iphone. The ddpai iphone app is buggy to the point of being unusable - same for qubo, nexdigitron etc. all of these are essentially the same hw/sw
I have android. But easy viewing of footage and transfer of files is a desirable feature.

I have android. But easy viewing of footage and transfer of files is a desirable feature.
Ddpai aap is crap on Android.....even scanning of video is crap let alone transfer of video to phone.....everytime u will have to remove the sd card and then transfer the videos.

How much time ebay takes to deliver to India and will their be additional import duties, apart from the shipping fee of 10 usd?
Although you can't trust Indian customs but this should pass without any charge as it isn't of that much value, also as long as the package is small it should pass without any charge.
As far as shipping time goes, it ll reach Indian customs within a few days, after that it's anyones guess, but should reach you within a month max as its origins are in states...

Do not buy ddpai mini, it stopped working 7 days after the warranty period is over. I sent it for repair and they want to charge me 3k for the repair when the product cost is 3.6k.

I am also looking for an alternative, I don't want to spend above 5k for a product without good reliability (breaks within a year).
Right now I am thinking to buy 70mai or get something more expensive like garmin imported.

Personally I use a qubo. But it's older hardware ( mini USB port, battery instead of super capacitor etc) but can personally vouch for it.

Personally I use a qubo. But it's older hardware ( mini USB port, battery instead of super capacitor etc) but can personally vouch for it.
How much time has passed since you have been using it?
I found qubo to have some issues like difficulty in trasferring files, recording in only 1 minute clips, being within 5m of car to access the files.
I found these from online reviews
Qubo 4K front and rear , Bought from website , cheaper than Amazon
Same question to you too mate, how much time has passed since you bought it?

I found qubo to have some issues like difficulty in trasferring files, recording in only 1 minute clips, being within 5m of car to access the files.
I found these from online reviews

Same question to you too mate, how much time has passed since you bought it?
Purchased on 11 Dec 2022

being within 5m of car to access the files.
I bought mine in August 2022.

I lol'd when I read the review on Amazon complaining about having to be near the car to access the data on a WiFi enabled device installed in a car. I'm kinda finding it hard to belive that someone on a tech forum considers this an issue. What is your expectation here mate?

I bought mine in August 2022.

I lol'd when I read the review on Amazon complaining about having to be near the car to access the data on a WiFi enabled device installed in a car. I'm kinda finding it hard to belive that someone on a tech forum considers this an issue. What is your expectation here mate?
Yeah you are right. But the other stuff is valid imo. I can deal with being near car as long as the hardware itself is reliable.

Back