Swine flu : Causes / Concerns / Measures ...

Hi guys, around 2 weeks back when i had high fever with cold, I took the malaria test, but nothing came. it went on for 5 days after that I was Ok, but again 2 days back it started. this time again i got it checked with the doctors. they tested for malaria, widal test, WBC etc. etc, but nothing came.. btw fever is persistent but I'm not feeling that week or something, :p I'm coming to office too. the thing is I always have cold for all the 12 months, sometime very less or sometimes more. should i get the test for swine flu? I'm not afraid of it or something, its just that I don't want any panic in my company. they 'll be more afraid :p

And how many private labs do you know of first hand that don't follow recommended safetly procedures? I'd like to know where you get your enlightenment from...

edit: i did skim through the 144 pages of that document, didnt read it in detail, but what i gathered is this only talks about preparedness and response but doesnt touch the topic of this thread... who is allowed or not allowed to do what here... the strategy mentioned is some 5 point one, the first being "surveillance and detection"... all im saying is let them take precautions for the latter part of the strategy involving the medicine/treatment/risk control... but dont hamper the monitoring/detection.. earlier detected the better and the more people (private) helping, the better...

And how many private labs do you know of first hand that don't follow recommended safetly procedures?

My dad owned a pathology lab...my experience with pathology labs would probably dwarf yours.

I'd like to know where you get your enlightenment from... real world experience or you just believe everything you read don't you?

Bit of both. And I believe what I think is right.

nice. "google confirms it"... like "netcraft confirms it"..

so your pop owning one pathology lab makes you an expert...

so your pop owning one pathology lab makes you an expert...

No me not passing comments like "stupid" and "freaktard" make me a bloody expert compared to a muppet masquerading as a pseudo-intellectual chipmunk like you.

Google only confirmed what I had thought about you right after reading your post. I'd try to make a sane conversation with you but I doubt your IQ goes above room temperature.

Good luck with your rocking horse, you little cretin.

right, one smart-alec know-it-all asserts the govt is right and seems to take offense at them being called stupid... so i simply must be wrong

right, one smart-alec know-it-all asserts the govt is right and seems to take offense at them being called stupid... so i simply must be wrong

No, my original post was meant to have a constructive discussion. Then your second post came and you were just begging to get your butt handed to you on a platter so I did the necessary stuff.
Now like I said, back to your rocking horse, BOY.

Speedz said:
There is some update on tv, Government is after all gonna rope in the private sector now.

let me quickly say this is what i was asking for before leet sniper says this is how it was all along...

let me quickly say this is what i was asking for before leet sniper says this is how it was all along.

LOL, this was how it was since the 8th of August..

state government have started identifying private hospitals and laboratories that can now test and treat the Swine Flu.
After the Health Ministry took the decision to accredit private hospitals, eleven such hospitals have been identified in Bangalore on Friday, Aug 7.

accredited private hospitals will be allowed to stock and administer the medicine, but the government is against private sale of Tamiflu

Link - http://news.oneindia.in/2009/08/08/swine-flu-private-hospitals-labs-being-accredited.html

greenhorn said:
As per the news report there are only 18 labs in the country. A country of More than a Billion people, yet we dont have an lab in each of the state and what would be lag time for a test to caried out and the result to be given...in case thousands throng the hospitals for test. My god, we are not even remotely prepared for an epidemic outbreak.

The tamiflu shortage also adds up, as hospitalas cannot just give them to everyone...but just to those who test postive..and by the time they are confirmed as positive...so many days would have passed..

heh im all about chill... unlike the folks who like to think they're handing peoples' butts back to them..

Good, that means you've learnt your manners. Next time refrain from referring to someones father as "pop-who-owns-xxx".

Back to the thread then..

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
Good, that means you've learnt your manners.

i doubt you'll ever learn yours, seeing your usual tone of posts in this and similar threads and on the forum in general...

Back