Swine flu : Causes / Concerns / Measures ...

vishalrao said:
why not allow anyone and everyone to take tests anytime/anywhere (let them pay for the costs) as a means of early detection/warning so that you can curtail the spread better.

the problem is they cannot cater to the huge crowd. :no:

hmmm, ok, the sheer numbers of scared people who want to get tested must make it impractical... if govt "de-regulates" testing, then instead of people making money by selling masks at rip off prices... they can think about legitimate get-rich-quick schemes by providing testing kits or something like that... which is why the "random" testing... you can for example do random/sampled tests of few people living in a building, same for people working in the same office, and do it weekly....

vishalrao said:
well it probably is good to consume healthy stuff, including tulsi... and the vast other herbs and stuff people generally : sources of vitamins (C etc) and other nutrients... there's garlic, ginger, aloe, neem, haldi/turmeric... the list is endless :)

That is right, eating healthy is the key here. Actually i like the taste of Tulsi leaves a lot :D

archish said:

See here for the whole 10 points ;)

I'll let some qualified doctors who might be lurking comment on this :)

why not allow anyone and everyone to take tests anytime/anywhere (let them pay for the costs) as a means of early detection/warning so that you can curtail the spread better.

I'm under the impression this is possible but only at accredited institutions. As I understand there is is prehaps little more involved here.

False positives are dangerous in this situation wouldn't you say ?

Got this SMS from State Govt. pretty late and lame:

GovtFlu.png

Ah well...

~LT

Back