Video Tata Sky launches HD pvr for just 3990 (Update: with Star Plus & Star Movies HD)

Re: Tata Sky launches HD pvr for just 3990

^ They are already available, albeit as event based channels. A lot is determined by the demand for content, and unlike with Movies, the content costs are higher with live sports coverage.

arun687 said:
Star is launching 4 new true HD channels on April 18th. Apparently, all 4 will be available on TS the very same day. The channels are Star Gold HD, Star Movies HD, Star World HD and Star Plus HD (the current Star Plus HD is upscaled).
Added already. Wow that was quick. :yahoo:

Now total 7 HD channels currently.

Rubbish channels, they should give Movies Now HD first as it is already available with other players rather than giving upscaled channels..

arun687 said:
Added already. Wow that was quick. :yahoo:

Now total 7 HD channels currently.
Which is the 7th channel? Those 4 plus NatGeo and Discovery makes it 6.

^ 7th one being Max hd, which of course is not permanent.

Dushie said:
Rubbish channels, they should give Movies Now HD first as it is already available with other players rather than giving upscaled channels..
None of them are upscaled. All are true HD. But movies now would have been better than start plus or start gold.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

^^ Movies Now HD was not added since Star Movies HD being in STAR family had to be added 1st. As per the rumours it will be added in May :)

Do you have Tata SKY HD saar ?
Comments w/o any verification and just posting something :p
Just go home and checkout if you have Tata Sky HD ! Its True 1080i for Star Plus HD, Star Gold HD, Star Movies HD and Star World HD. No ADs :D

Also Programs are different between normal HD & SD as it should be in Star Gold and Star Plus

Oh.....these are great for viewing,

Star Gold HD is different program from StarGold SD.....@ time posting it is showing DON on HD where WELCOME on SD.
Star Movies & World HD Stunning pic quality.

Good move TATA Sky.....let see the pricing of HD Gold Pack.

Wish some day they can bring some sports channel in HD......not event based but full time. :)

SatBeams - Satellite charts - Channel list - Insat 2E (Intelsat APR-2) / Insat 3B / Insat 4A

Supra said:
^^ Movies Now HD was not added since Star Movies HD being in STAR family had to be added 1st. As per the rumours it will be added in May :)

Do you have Tata SKY HD saar ?

Comments w/o any verification and just posting something :p

Just go home and checkout if you have Tata Sky HD ! Its True 1080i for Star Plus HD, Star Gold HD, Star Movies HD and Star World HD. No ADs :D

Also Programs are different between normal HD & SD as it should be in Star Gold and Star Plus
Supra, i take back my statement, saw the channels today, dunno how much content they will show on Star Gold HD, the movie Don was playing, Star Movies and Star World looked good. Only worry is what content will the show on these channels and what will be the repeat rate.

But they should provide Movies now as its high time as other providers are providing the same.

^^ They will gove some time to their family channel Star Movies of course :)

Moview Now will come sooner than later. Also expected soon is Colors :p

Good to know channels are coming up in HD. Bad that my tatasky hd plus is going nuts. My friend who also got the same at the same time has already gotten two boxes replaced.

Movies Now HD can wait, what i really want is Ten Action. Damn TS is still not commenting on its launch date :(

Switch said:
Good to know channels are coming up in HD. Bad that my tatasky hd plus is going nuts. My friend who also got the same at the same time has already gotten two boxes replaced.
I'm also using the HD+ from 6th this month......what is the symbol of failure ?

I'm using it via APC ups after all it got hard disk there. So if the power goes off during recording there is a chance to create bad sector in the HDD.

What other necessary precaution need to take ?

Yay! Star Movies HD, Star World HD lanunched!

Guys,

Did you notice it. Man the clarity is awesome! Finally after two years of having FHD LCD, I am enjoying HD transmission :p

+LT

Re: Yay! Star Movies HD, Star World HD lanunched!

TATA Sky and please merge this with tata sky HD+ thread, already discussion on this is going on in that thread.....

Re: Yay! Star Movies HD, Star World HD lanunched!

linuxtechie said:
Guys,

Did you notice it. Man the clarity is awesome! Finally after two years of having FHD LCD, I am enjoying HD transmission :p

+LT
So you are watching Ekta Kapoor's stuff on HD now? Wow :D I envy you :p

I left DishTV true HD just before IPL ... and I lucky...coz I left on right time ...unless I missed IPL and Star HD channels . TataSky is awesome..rocking.

Back