TES V: Skyrim - Discussion Thread

Then I suppose I did meet him again when I was with Delphine. He was resurrecting another dragon from its burial site.
<

Anyhow, I am looking forward to complete the game this weekend. Have an off tomorrow. Have to complete the quests from The Dark Brotherhood and then proceed to complete the main quest.

Continuing my adventures, I am done with the quests for The Dark Brotherhood. The Night Mother started assigning random assassination quests - completed a couple of those and got done with it. We setup our new base near Dawnstar. It turned to be pretty shocking as to how the events unfolded towards the end! Anyhow that completes most of the side quests for now. Would love to visit Bards College one last time and check if there are any pending quests. Else I might just concentrate on completing the main mission and calling it quits. Crafted the Daedric heavy armor set, a couple of Daedric blades and enchanted all of them. The total armor rates at 1043 and looks bloody awesome! When the character mounts the Shadowmere, it looks like one of those Nazguls from LOTR!
<

Clocked 100 hours until now and the leveling up has become a major pain! Presently it stands at 53+ but it seems to crawl after 50. Can't unlock those skills as a result. Wasted most of them on useless skills.
<

Clocked 100 hours until now and the leveling up has become a major pain! Presently it stands at 53+ but it seems to crawl after 50. Can't unlock those skills as a result. Wasted most of them on useless skills.
<

I guess they wanted to put a limit to the leveling up.

I also wasted my perks initially.

I really wish Bethesda fine tuned some of the aspects of the game:

- Combat - Something in the likes of Wicher 2 maybe so the players can use theirs brains instead of merely hacking and slashing their way through.

- Weight limitation - The moment the player carries excessive weight, he/she begins to crawl but can carry unlimited weight this way? Like the STALKER titles, they should have put a limit wherein the character would come to a complete halt!

- Romance - If marriage was possible in the finest way I have witnessed in a video game (beats the recent movies lol), bits and pieces of romance wouldn't hurt. Not like the Sims though.

- Skill tree - Ability to reset the overall skills and re-assign them to the tree later so we can make the most of it. I thought I'd be better at two-handed but turns out single-handed kicks some serious ass so started developing that skill. The two-handed tree in the meantime is at 100% and unlocked all of it! What a bummer.

Not played Oblivion, but enjoying Skyrim. Was reading about mods and got throughly confused. Is there any particular site or tutorial any one can suggest?

i went there only, now mod manager asks for user name n password at start. and the skyrim nexus's user name password it doesnt accept. Nor it has option to create new id. so stuck there

@darkstar

from blood, to water surface, distance detailing, wind, leaves there are mods to enhance everyyyyyyyything

only mod hehe i need is unlimited baggage
<

end up picking a lot of stuff

OK I've trapped Odahviing, and he helped me reach Skuldafn. I think I am closing in on the conclusion. What remains is the portal to Sovngarde and defeat Alduin. Not sure how long this would take me though. Beating Alduin at the Throat of the World was a piece of cake!

But somehow I ran into a weird bug and the game paused momentarily. Wasted 2 hours as a result!

This happens when Arngeir requests Dovahkiin to call for a meeting between the Stormcloaks and Imperials to settle for a truce in the ongoing civil war. Spoke to both the parties but the game simply wouldn't progress further. This might be because I had sided with Stormcloaks and was tasked with returning Ulfric Stormcloak's axe back to him by Jal Balgruuf of Dragonsreach, Whiterun. The moment I do so, the Stormcloaks invade Whiterun and Balgruuf is forced to surrender. Ulfric later conquers most of Imperials' occupied territories and defeats General Tullius at Solitude, becoming the High King of Skyrim. And even after all this happens and the civil war ends, Arngeir wouldn't help us!

I had to reload the save file 2 hours before all this happened and use the command prompt to progress. Missed out on the meeting but the YouTube video helped!
<

Oh and those of you who had completed the serial killer quest at Winterhold - Blood on the Ice, the quest returns once again.
<

i.e if you end up capturing Wuunferth the Unliving! This came as a pleasant but a shocking surprise to me yesterday when I came to Winterhold after a really long time. Turns out Wuunferth isn't the real killer and the actual killer is somewhere out there in Winterhold.
Loved this quest!
<

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmRCMuopW9g[/media]

<

The main Skyrim theme actually sounds English.
<

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUPQpGWDPN4&feature=g-vrec&context=G2990909RVAAAAAAAAAQ[/video]

This interpretation, found in a youtube comment, sounds better in my opinion:

For the King, For the King​

[font=arial, sans-serif]For the sake of Skyrim[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]For the Nine[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]For the Hope of High Hrothgar's Path[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]And for all of Sovngarde[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Where the souls sing your song[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]For the king; For our king,[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Who will guard Hrothgar![/font]

Back