TES V: Skyrim - Discussion Thread

@ ALPHA17:

Thanks a ton bro... needed to know that, much appreciated!!
<

Completed the game twice
<

Am getting bored of Skyrim now
<

True i played this game single time almost 230-40 hours and really so addicted now i am at level 91 but now i am getting over bored cause i finished all main stories/locations and all side missions are repeating itself but i'm satisfied with story it's really amazing
<
!!

^^ LOL! Trust me I'm steering clear of the birds, I am!

Btw, while installing the mods > Is everyone just manually copy-pasting the mod files or using the Nexus Mod Manager? I'm just sticking to manual for the time being.

I'm bored of the game now. It feels as if I'm playing Diablo with a twist in 3D
<

I keep on getting lost in those stupid dungeons/caves
<

Love those dragons though
<

Yesterday I was done with the College of Winterhold mission...

Ummm so i have started this.have put a good 6 hours into it.

Most of my activity has been as follows-

1- walk

2- run

3- kill a fox

4 -run

^
<

It will pass once you have travelled enough then just jumping, else there is always that cart at the entry to the cities.

And you mean kill a wolf. What did the poor old fox do?

Just completed 'A Blade in the Dark'. I'm going to take up side missions now, need to level up my character. Boy, this game sure has a great deal of traveling through the woods!! No wonder there's that auto-walk key!!
<

Just completed 'A Blade in the Dark'. I'm going to take up side missions now, need to level up my character. Boy, this game sure has a great deal of traveling through the woods!! No wonder there's that auto-walk key!!
<

The essence of Skyrim lies in exploration and the side quests. If you were to do only the main quest, it might take you less than 2 days to complete it and you can do that at Level 15 or so although the last levels spawn some harder bosses. Explore, explore and explore.

<

The essence of Skyrim lies in exploration and the side quests. If you were to do only the main quest, it might take you less than 2 days to complete it and you can do that at Level 15 or so although the last levels spawn some harder bosses. Explore, explore and explore.

<

Agreed mate, walking through the woods and explorations is the name of the game here. Just started the 'Companions Questline'. The next 2 days I have no office, no going out in this wintry weather also... being perched indoors Skyrimming is all that I will be doing!!
<

I have a question. My hands are itching to start this right now, but I'll probably have to deal with 2 more major games next month (The Darkness II and Asura's Wrath). In fact, make that 3, since Alan Wake's American Nightmare will be added, but it's length won't be too long, given it's XBLA nature. Anyhoo, my question is, will I be able to put Skyrim on hold during this course and resume it later, and still be attached to it? or is this something you play with continuity?

LOL! You're probably right, but chances are, I would have to. So in the event that it does happen, would I be able to switch between sessions and still follow it's storyline?

Bear in mind that I have the memory span of an amnesiac goldfish.
<

^^ I'm playing the game now for the last few days and honestly I feel it'll be difficult for you to leave this game and go onto playing another one. This is so bloody darn addictive I tell you!! I had the last 2 days off from work and I have lost count as to how many hours I have put into Skyrimming in the past 2 days!! I have left the main story line missions mid-way and branched off totally into the side quests.

Too bad I have office again tomorrow... crib crib!!

I leaning towards the same idea as well. Besides, I have a weeks leave kicking off from next weekend. So I can dedicate a fairly good amount of time for it. Bah, what the hell, I'll begin my journey. But BEWARE, I'll probably have tons of newbie RPG queries for this games. So the overlords of this game, please help me out.
<

Bought the game(on PC) few weeks back, completed it yesterday after about 80hrs play. The game has its plus points, but overall ended up with a hollow feeling after completing it. I haven't gone through all the posts in this thread, so my opinions may echo ones already posted.

- Main quest line too short.

- No epicness to the dragon battles after the first one. Even the battle with Alduin felt hollow.

- Guild quests are a joke. Outsider to Arch Mage in two days as an axe wielding Nord.

- UI could've been much better

- Your actions don't really have an impact on the NPCs. You may be the Thane of the hold but the guards still treat you like shit.

- Mage builds get boring after a while

- Followers AI was supremely annoying and made me finally get rid of them and explore all the dungeons alone. They didn't have much in terms of dialog either.

- Of course, the innumerable bugs and glitches. Some say it is to be expected out of a game of this size, but I don't agree.

I don't really expect much out of character animations and textures from an RPG, but those could've been better too considering other RPGs out there. The immersion breakers spoiled the play for me though. Overall, get the impression that Beth rushed the development after a point and I still think I could've enjoyed the game a lot more had my expectation not been so high.

Back