TES V: Skyrim - Discussion Thread

The bloody bugs I tell you.

The man stopped running. I was in a middle of a battle
<

I've completed these questlines so far: Companions, College of Winterhold, Thieves Guild and on the verge of completing the Dark Brotherhood quests. Have hardly slept the last few nights... so darn addicted to Skyrimming!!
<

Now my question is should I complete the main missions before attempting to do the Civil War questline? I mean I was pondering if doing the Civil war quests brings about any changes to the main questline in the game?

Now my question is should I complete the main missions before attempting to do the Civil War questline? I mean I was pondering if doing the Civil war quests brings about any changes to the main questline in the game?

Can I ask you to skip the Civil War questline to avoid a possible bug later? I experienced one.

A meeting is called by the Greybeards of High Hrothgar later so as to summon one of Alduin's dragons but this may go into a complete toss if you become a member of one of the factions. The meeting will not be called and you will fight to conquer the remaining territories which is a mere waste of time since you'd be doing nothing but clearing out an entire city be battling the soldiers.

What level have you reached?
<

Can I ask you to skip the Civil War questline to avoid a possible bug later? I experienced one.

A meeting is called by the Greybeards of High Hrothgar later so as to summon one of Alduin's dragons but this may go into a complete toss if you become a member of one of the factions. The meeting will not be called and you will fight to conquer the remaining territories which is a mere waste of time since you'd be doing nothing but clearing out an entire city be battling the soldiers.

What level have you reached?
<

Aah, just what I was thinking... thanks so much for the help mate!! I will do the Civil War quests after I'm done with the Main quests in the game. I'm on the level: 'Death Incarnate' under Dark Brotherhood questline.
<

Aah, just what I was thinking... thanks so much for the help mate!! I will do the Civil War quests after I'm done with the Main quests in the game. I'm on the level: 'Death Incarnate' under Dark Brotherhood questline.
<

He means the 'leveling up' level, when you choose to upgrade your health, stamina or magicka and pick a perk.
<
Like Level 15, level 16, etc.

Yeah, its true. The civil war quest is highly bugged especially "battle for windhelm" part. Mine got bugged and I had to rollback to one the saves which went to 7-8 hours of play. Sad but true.

This game is fun none the less. Time just passes by when you play it.
<

Finally after many many hours... completed the last story line quest in the game today!! Spent the entire today Skyrimming my way through. I have the Civil War quests and the Daedric quests left to do, but crashing in now... gotta get some sleep!!

I faced one of the dragon priests.

My level - 16, his level - god knows.

Took me hours to defeat him. Those bloody buggers I tell you...

I faced one of the dragon priests.

My level - 16, his level - god knows.

Took me hours to defeat him. Those bloody buggers I tell you...

Hahah you'd have got owned like crazy. Dragon Priests and Draugr Death Overlords - do not face them unless you've leveled up sufficiently or have consumed some good potions to improve the resistance against magic and fire. But fret not, once you level up these guys would be mere poosies. I recall it took me close to 40 minutes to battle the first dragon priest I had encountered. And you know the worst part? I had a companion which had the Sanguine's Rose and he used to spawn a Dremora and this bloody Dragon Priest used to instantly convert this Dremora against me. So in short I had to battle 2 guys at the same time.
<

I don't think you'd have faced an Elder Dragon either.

Back