The 2014 Black Friday Thread

^^Sandisk Extreme Pro is not worth it for me at over $300.

$225 is the absolute max I am going to spend. So unless there is a real good deal, I will stick to the other options that are available.

Anyways, are you sure that Intel has International warranty on its SSD's?
I had bought a Intel SSD from newegg in 2012 black friday deal & confirmed from Intel India that it had warranty in India . Intel India told me that all intel products have worldwide warranty .[DOUBLEPOST=1417058693][/DOUBLEPOST]
Lenovo Q190 for $199. I'm using this as a HTPC and is quite VFM. No monitor included, though.

After shipping & customs the price will be more than some mini pcs available in India with warranty . I am also looking for a mini pc that can run windows , cheapest possible option . Cant find any good deals due to Intel NUC selling at 8.5k in India .

Last edited:
After shipping & customs the price will be more than some mini pcs available in India with warranty . I am also looking for a mini pc that can run windows , cheapest possible option . Cant find any good deals due to Intel NUC selling at 8.5k in India .

Agree. This is a good deal only if you have someone to bring it from US.

Newegg now ships to india but will charge a lot for shipping + customs , package forwarding services like PPObox/ICC/ibhejo etc are cheaper .

@klk

HopShopGo / PPOBox is the best option to ship from newegg.
The best thing to do would be collective orders, 3-4 people pool their orders and send it to HSG. Get it shipped to India, and ship in locally here.
HGS charges $25 for the first half kg, but $4 for each subsequent half kg. So...it will be very expensive to ship low weight items.
PPOBox is expensive in its insurance and 'fees', also they are not transparent like HGS with custom duty etc.

Last edited:
If anyone is ordering from amazon.com or other sites, please do let me know. I have no experience with international shipping, but would love to get an ssd, a 64gigs micro sd card and some more items.

Okay - I think I should drop my valuable information:

Corsair - Almost all products have global warranty provided the company service center is in that country -
Intel - All kind of Intel products carries global warranty - just sent it to local RMA center (B'lore in In)
Kingston - All Kingston products carries Global warranty

Feel free to add more if you have info of

gskill warranty worldwide ?
because heard rumors that triputi doesn't give warranty to gskill brought from other importers

The BlackBerry Passport unlocked is available for 36500 direct from Amazon.com, as compared to 50k in India.[DOUBLEPOST=1417104488][/DOUBLEPOST]Sansa Clip+ 8GB for 3K from Amazon.com

Last edited:
Hey guys need advice. .My bro is coming to India (from the US) in Jan, so i can avoid shipping/custom etc. .

Is the below shopping recommended :

1. Processor : i5 4690k :
INDIA : Rs 17100 // US : Rs 11890 ($205)

2. RAM : 8 GB Vengeance:
INDIA : Rs 5500// US : Rs 4466 ($77)

3. Mobo : Asus Z97 A:
INDIA : Rs 12400// US :7250 ($125)

Total Rs 35000 vs Rs 23606 ($407)

Back