The 2014 Black Friday Thread

Guys i've a question regrading Shipping/customs. I have a friend in the US & he's ready to ship me this (SennHeiser HD 598) its $100 in Amazon, how much will i end up paying here? The customs? how does it work for Gift?
Would it be okay if He marks the item as Gift & ships it to me? will that evade any custom charges?
In short it will cost a lot....
Also its not that easy as marking as a gift... The customs have some requirements for inbound international shipments Like custom forms and invoices to be attached.
To summarize .... The customs know all the tricks in the book :)

Guys i've a question regrading Shipping/customs. I have a friend in the US & he's ready to ship me this (SennHeiser HD 598) its $100 in Amazon, how much will i end up paying here? The customs? how does it work for Gift?
Would it be okay if He marks the item as Gift & ships it to me? will that evade any custom charges?

Nope, marking an item as a gift in most cases doesn't help. If the package size is big, customs will open it and charge you customs based on the Indian MRP not the price you paid.

Expect to pay around 20-30% of 15k (Indian MRP)

In short it will cost a lot....
Also its not that easy as marking as a gift... The customs have some requirements for inbound international shipments Like custom forms and invoices to be attached.
To summarize .... The customs know all the tricks in the book :)
Damn! then am dropping it! how bout a chromecast? its just$24!

Damn! then am dropping it! how bout a chromecast? its just$24!
They scan items and they come to know what type of stuff is inside.
So if there is an invoice they will charge you accordingly... else as per indian price(happens for gifts mostly) or they blankly charge 30% with out thinking much...
better ask your friend to buy it and send it with some person coming from there...
or use a forwarding service which gives you estimate of the landing cost and also clears the customs for you at reasonable charges...

Amazon ruined Black Friday for a lot of indians this time... I wish they had continued offering free global shipping to indians... They now offer free shipping to mexico and singapore... If they had kept offering free shipping to indians, they would have earned a lot of revenue from indians... As most IT companies are concentrating on indian market, i dont know why amazon chose to leave indians in the cold... Amazon i know that u have brought up amazon.in e-commerce site in india but it doesnt offer deals as good as amazon USA during holiday seasons... Wrong business decision amazon... :(

Edit : even the f***king dollar price is not coming down... Its been quite a while that dollar conversion rate is hovering above 60

Last edited:
HD598 price if bought from Ishop

Rs. 9,323

Item price, local shipping, taxes: Rs. 6,562

International Shipping: Rs.

Duty, Taxes, & Fees: Rs. 2,761

- DISCOUNT - Rs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL Rs. 9,323

Amazon ruined Black Friday for a lot of indians this time... I wish they had continued offering free global shipping to indians... They now offer free shipping to mexico and singapore... If they had kept offering free shipping to indians, they would have earned a lot of revenue from indians... As most IT companies are concentrating on indian market, i dont know why amazon chose to leave indians in the cold... Amazon i know that u have brought up amazon.in e-commerce site in india but it doesnt offer deals as good as amazon USA during holiday seasons... Wrong business decision amazon... :(

Edit : even the f***king dollar price is not coming down... Its been quite a while that dollar conversion rate is hovering above 60

They havent closed shipping to india, its just not valid on the items u are interested in.

They havent closed shipping to india, its just not valid on the items u are interested in.

I think he was talking about the free shipping if cart value is over $125 they used to offer.

But Indians will ruin it again by buying stuff from cheap on Amazon and selling it at profit in India. u mad?

I think he was talking about the free shipping if cart value is over $125 they used to offer.

But Indians will ruin it again by buying stuff from cheap on Amazon and selling it at profit in India. u mad?

I am pretty sure u would find such kinda mentality ppl in USA too... I aint one of them... I buy whatever i require... Dont buy things to sell them at higher cost... But stopping free shipping for the other kind of ppl was wrong... I am pretty sure u would find a lot of ssds and stuff on US ebay where ppl would be selling stuff which they bought on bf and CM to earn a decent amount of profit...

^^Keep Calm and find good deals ,
As for 125$ global shipping program ,its promotional ,Amazon US does this from time to time , Global shipping program to India itself was extended.

Where? I see a price of $199 on amazon.com

The stock was sold out and the deal got closed. $199 you see is from a different seller. I sent a mail to my sister to purchase it, but by the time she woke up and saw my mail, the deal was already over.

Back