The Aam Admi Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
In politics, there is always a gulf in talking and actually walking the talk - case in point - Mr Barrack Obama. He started off by making all the right noises. He had a 'bad rule' of GWB to bash and people lapped it up. 5 years down the line, people are getting to see where he is at.
This is just an example and please don't start comparing the numbers in US vs India.

All these days, people have only HEARD what Kejriwal and co claim to 'want to do'. Now, post the Delhi elections, they say if we get a full majority, we WILL do this and that and something else. Why don't they see it as a "leash" put on them by the people - the people are not letting them free to do whatever they want - People want them to show that they can actually *do* something.. if they show that they're making an attempt, then I'm sure people will give them the full majority..

Keeping all the corruptions and they are bad aside.. What is AAP policies?

How are they going to curb corruption in grass root level? I mean the common man who doesn't hold any elected seat. How are they going to increase the infrastructure? Of the state or the nation. What are their policies regarding women and child welfare?
If in a national level what are their policies regarding foreign relation? Economic Policies? How are they going to curb say, defense Industry? Or are they going to be like Nehru who said we don't need generals this is peace time and then get caught with our pants down as in 62? Or are they also deluded that Defense is not a priority for a impoverished nation? Inflation, do they care?

I am asking these questions, as I realize people are actually thinking these guys can make a change. There is a reality that this guys MAY come to a public policy making table. What are their policies? Which way do they swing? Left? Right? Middle???

Even in this thread its just AAP awesome. Bad people we remove. We good. We don't side with them etc. What and How are these guys planning to do what they say do? Is anyone asking them? On what basis people are voting them?

Is corruption our ONLY problem?

Yes. I personally believe Lokpal system will bring the old bureaucracy or License Raj back to India. I do.

the same people criticising AAP for not forming govt now would've said, if they'd tied up with Cong or BJP to form Govt, that see these people are no different and are so power hungry they're breaking their pre-poll promise & tying up with parties they were critical of earlier

Just saw this today that Tehelka has fabricated and misleaded in the Barak Missile Case.
The CBI is closing the case. It is not surprising, considering the kind of person Tejpal is, in light of recent events.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...nst-tehelka-says-bjp/articleshow/27225042.cms
Well just this evening there was another one by an organization called Media Sarkar. How a BJP MLA's were doing corruption through their assistants and secretaries and types. They'd write the amount of a peice of paper and give it to the person, and he was supposed to pay to the secretary. The reporter said, something that went like "So this figure you gave inclues xyz too?" ie implicating him and he says suddenly why did you say that "I told you some amount?"

Its out there, it was if I remember by Media Sarkar or cobra post or something. dont remember the name, it was on headlines today/aajtak. I think this was it..

Keeping all the corruptions and they are bad aside.. What is AAP policies?

How are they going to curb corruption in grass root level? I mean the common man who doesn't hold any elected seat. How are they going to increase the infrastructure? Of the state or the nation. What are their policies regarding women and child welfare?
If in a national level what are their policies regarding foreign relation? Economic Policies? How are they going to curb say, defense Industry? Or are they going to be like Nehru who said we don't need generals this is peace time and then get caught with our pants down as in 62? Or are they also deluded that Defense is not a priority for a impoverished nation? Inflation, do they care?

I am asking these questions, as I realize people are actually thinking these guys can make a change. There is a reality that this guys MAY come to a public policy making table. What are their policies? Which way do they swing? Left? Right? Middle???

Even in this thread its just AAP awesome. Bad people we remove. We good. We don't side with them etc. What and How are these guys planning to do what they say do? Is anyone asking them? On what basis people are voting them?

Is corruption our ONLY problem?

Yes. I personally believe Lokpal system will bring the old bureaucracy or License Raj back to India. I do.
Do you know what are the policies of Congress and BJP? How forthcoming they are? All of congress has come out against the supreme court verdict on Queer community, but BJP and NaMo particularly is absolutely quiet. Very progressive eh?

The point is, they ahvent been in the national scene till now. Its just been a day since they announced they will go national. Can we atleast give them time to formulate opinions and policies? Especially considering they actually THINK over them and not like Congress and BJP who keep running around in circles.

Jeesus. People of India. They want the revolution now, in a plate, served. Otherwise they are happy with corrupt parties looting blatantly.

Can we not just say that here is a bunch of people who are being elected on their promise to serve instead of religious or communal backgrounds, that this is progress? Can we not give them time to show what they can do, on their own terms instead of wanting a 2 minute revolution? Jeez. No-wonder it took so long to arrive.

What sort of retarded answer is that? Congress and BJP's foreign policies can be seen from 47 to date. Using that one can at least infer how they will be or where they may head.

How do you infer that with AAP? All are new comers or underdogs. You may be ok in electing people like that. I am not. Please understand a point and then try to be smart.

What sort of retarded answer is that? Congress and BJP's foreign policies can be seen from 47 to date. Using that one can at least infer how they will be or where they may head.

How do you infer that with AAP? All are new comers or underdogs. You may be ok in electing people like that. I am not. Please understand a point and then try to be smart.

and to add to this : I don't think I would be comfortable in handing over the military and finance to the newbs. The AAP should have been voted in for the local body elections and assembly should be their limit. Assess them over their performance in these things and then make a judgement. They are new and should be given a chance - yes but not at the national level.

To use the IT parlance - you don't give production write/update access to the fresher who just joined the group :p

Really? Was the Emergency imposed as a matter of policiy? Was the shabano case and the aftermath a policiy decision for congress? Lets face it, the country has a set policy already. All the parties even the leftest left ones are just slightly off centre. The policy on kashmir , pakistan, defence are all the same. No one touches them irrespective of the govt they are form. These things are under intense public scrutiny. They do something too deviant there and they are out the next day. Arvind Kejriwal's known associates have spoken about this in public. Besides the level of transparency they have, these things will be out in the public soon.

Its not a retarded answer its the answer you asked for. Most analysts will tell you that political parties and governance is hardly an issue. We barely have any governance at all. The country runs in a state of status quo. Its not reasoning, its a fact. This is there reason why we still ahve laws made in 1850"s. If anything, the decisions till now(except the Narsimha regeme and early Indira Gandhi regime ie privy purses etc) have always been on the wrong side of this status quo, pulling the country in the wrong direction.

There are people who want privatization and say AAP are luddites. When AAP stand is pretty clear, there is huge misappropriation in the power tarrifs and bills. The losses in delhi from 10-15 yrs ago have gone down to 10%from 60%(News figure) but the rates have tripled or more while it was promised that they would decrease by half. The companies arent even ready to get their books audited by the govt. That is why they oppose privatization. Come to my city, I'l show you the power bills here, its insane. You dont need to be a detective to know that something is very fishy about the bills, but what option do you have?

Water, electricity etc are important things. Our lives would stand still with a slight outage. If there were competition that would be a different thing. Check the video on delhi's application to World bank for Loans regarding water infrastructure. Check the corruption there. They were about to borrow money at insane rates from world bank when through RTI Arvind and fellow activists got documents and made them public. These rates were twice of what banks would lend the govt in india itself. *facepalm*

So, research your stand first, second, give them time its not even been a month since the elections for god's sake. Third throw some trust out there in the world. We have a chance at coming out of this perpetual cynicism.

Really? Was the Emergency imposed as a matter of policiy? Was the shabano case and the aftermath a policiy decision for congress? Lets face it, the country has a set policy already. All the parties even the leftest left ones are just slightly off centre. The policy on kashmir , pakistan, defence are all the same. No one touches them irrespective of the govt they are form. These things are under intense public scrutiny. They do something too deviant there and they are out the next day. Arvind Kejriwal's known associates have spoken about this in public. Besides the level of transparency they have, these things will be out in the public soon.

Its not a retarded answer its the answer you asked for. Most analysts will tell you that political parties and governance is hardly an issue. We barely have any governance at all. The country runs in a state of status quo. Its not reasoning, its a fact. This is there reason why we still ahve laws made in 1850"s. If anything, the decisions till now(except the Narsimha regeme and early Indira Gandhi regime ie privy purses etc) have always been on the wrong side of this status quo, pulling the country in the wrong direction.

There are people who want privatization and say AAP are luddites. When AAP stand is pretty clear, there is huge misappropriation in the power tarrifs and bills. The losses in delhi from 10-15 yrs ago have gone down to 10%from 60%(News figure) but the rates have tripled or more while it was promised that they would decrease by half. The companies arent even ready to get their books audited by the govt. That is why they oppose privatization. Come to my city, I'l show you the power bills here, its insane. You dont need to be a detective to know that something is very fishy about the bills, but what option do you have?

Water, electricity etc are important things. Our lives would stand still with a slight outage. If there were competition that would be a different thing. Check the video on delhi's application to World bank for Loans regarding water infrastructure. Check the corruption there. They were about to borrow money at insane rates from world bank when through RTI Arvind and fellow activists got documents and made them public. These rates were twice of what banks would lend the govt in india itself. *facepalm*

So, research your stand first, second, give them time its not even been a month since the elections for god's sake. Third throw some trust out there in the world. We have a chance at coming out of this perpetual cynicism.

Good. Vote for them. I wont.

AAP guys themselves are under so much controversy. I feel there is no difference between them and the corrupt parties.
The recent sting operation, Arvind Kejriwal lying about the fact that he was the Income Tax commissioner, their stand on Kashmir, foreign funding and lots more....

AAP guys themselves are under so much controversy. I feel there is no difference between them and the corrupt parties.
The recent sting operation, Arvind Kejriwal lying about the fact that he was the Income Tax commissioner, their stand on Kashmir, foreign funding and lots more....
The facepalm moment.

Why would he lie about being a Income Tax commissioner? It's public records and he left that job to join the movement; so, there is no question of him being a commissioner. What he said was that he could've been one, but chose to leave it to pursue other interests.

And their stand on Kashmir? What's that? They haven't made a national manifesto as of yet. It's all individuals in their party talking. And foreign funding? Do you know what NRIs are? All of AAP's foreign funding is from Indian nationals living in foreign countries; i.e. they have an Indian passport and the right to exercise their vote in the country.

And lots more? Sure, there will be. They are in a political game after all, but all the points you've made are ignorant at best.

Someone shared this with me of Facebook. Let me quote it here:
Why BJP/Congress are now saying pehle AAP ?
--------------------------------------------------------

The reason is 2014 polls and both BJP/Congress dont want to be perceived as indulging in unfair politics. (" Sau chuhe kha ke billi haj ko chali ? ") Would they have behaved similarly if we didn't have general elections in six months?

But it helps if they both can work a strategy to pull down AAP in public perception. But how?

Modi has failed to shore up BJP's prospects and Congress is in an all time low. Political climate of the country is now hugely incredulous of both BJP and Congress. Both practice communal politics and both are corrupt and both are inaccessible to aam aadmi once in power.

The country has tried and realised that it is counter productive to vote BJP to keep Congress out and to vote Congress to keep BJP out. But that kind negative politics is what both Congress and BJP want. They both want to benefit from communal divide.

Now when AAP emerges as a symbol of positive politics, the voter is more than willing to support. Delhi saw a record voter turn out and election commission had to extend polling time till 7.30 pm. I don't when was the last that happened.

The trouble now for BJP is that they want to be now seen as being on the right side of pubic opinion by aligning with AAP. They think they can wash their sins by helping AAP form the government. That would help their fortunes, in forthcoming 2014 polls. By then they would have sown the doubts in the AAP voters mind that even Kejriwal is merely after power and a vote to BJP is always better to keep Congress at bay.

Congress also wants to support AAP for the same reasons and they want to be seen as reaching out to the huge section of young voters who are now with AAP. Congress would perhaps look for an opportunity to level charges of corruption on AAP members and then demonstrate to country that AAP is just one among them.

Fundamentally BJP and Congress want Indian politics to remain a jugal bandi between them.

Now AAP's view on lokpal or their programmes may be debatable. But as a political alternative to time tested deviance of BJP/Congress AAP must be given its due and one hopes that AAP does to India what it did to Delhi in 2014.

Makes sense?

Last edited:
The facepalm moment.

Why would he lie about being a Income Tax commissioner? It's public records and he left that job to join the movement; so, there is no question of him being a commissioner. What he said was that he could've been one, but chose to leave it to pursue other interests.

And their stand on Kashmir? What's that? They haven't made a national manifesto as of yet. It's all individuals in their party talking. And foreign funding? Do you know what NRIs are? All of AAP's foreign funding is from Indian nationals living in foreign countries; i.e. they have an Indian passport and the right to exercise their vote in the country.

And lots more? Sure, there will be. They are in a political game after all, but all the points you've made are ignorant at best.

Someone shared this with me of Facebook. Let me quote it here:

Makes sense?

He had claimed about being Income Tax commissioner, which was clarified by the IRS

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...-t-commissioner-irs-association/1/326176.html

I remember Prashant Bhushan saying that they dont want to retain Kashmir. He was asking to withdraw the army and sorts. I think he was beaten up for the original comment itself.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/prashant-bhushan-interview/1/154712.html

About the foreign funding. I am not sure if anyone has personally audited his funds, to check if it all from NRIs.
But his funding was under probes, as he seemed to have got funded from Ford Foundations and some other NGOs.
The Representation of People Act RPA acts debars political parties from receiving funds from foreign nationals.
The HC has asked the govt to conduct investigation into his funds.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...Aam-Aadmi-Party-Govt/articleshow/25589607.cms

Not sure what happened after that.

In addition to this, AAP had given clean chits to all the individuals allegedly caught in the sting operation.
People like Nutan Thakur had resigned after this.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1131125/jsp/nation/story_17608278.jsp#.UqqL59hXz5M

Also one of the founder of AAP Surajit Dasgupta, quit because of his frustration in AAP. Please read his interview as to why he quit. He says that Arvind Kejriwal of 2012 is quite different to Arvind Kejriwal of 2013.
http://centreright.in/2013/11/why-i-quit-aap/#.UqqJG9hXz5M

Why did AAP calls the Batla house encounter fake, when the HC had passed the verdict that the Encounter was a real one.
http://www.electionnewsindia.com/article-113-again-kejriwal-called-batla-house-encounter-fake.html

Why did Arvind Kejriwal had to meet cleric Maulana Tauqeer Raza Khan, who happens to have issued a lot of Fatwas including the one on Taslima Nasreen?
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/repor...ssembly-elections-strikes-controversy-1914147

Not saying that BJP or Congress is better than AAP.

I want to say that Arvid Kejriwal cannot be trusted fully.

the same people criticising AAP for not forming govt now would've said, if they'd tied up with Cong or BJP to form Govt, that see these people are no different and are so power hungry they're breaking their pre-poll promise & tying up with parties they were critical of earlier
Sadly, this is the truth.

the scene here is different because, the congress is providing an unconditional outside support to AAP, not an alliance.
they had the chance to show what they are capable of. as it is they know they are heading for elections as of now.

why not go down fighting? show the people they are serious about fighting corruption.

I do not understand that AAP is against corruption or against the Congress / BJP ?????

Now Kumar Vishwas is contesting against the CONGRESS PRINCE, Amethi people are hardcore Congressi (INDIRA GANDHI Supporters).

In Amethi, even any animal with Gandhi surname can win with highest margin there.

He had claimed about being Income Tax commissioner, which was clarified by the IRS

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...-t-commissioner-irs-association/1/326176.html

From the article, this is what Kejriwal had said:
"As Commissioner, I could have made crores and travelled in a car fitted with a beacon light. But I left the service and decided to serve the nation".

He never claimed to have been a commissioner.

Example: As president of India, I could've enjoyed my stay in the Rashtrapati Bhavan. Am I lying about me being a president? They are just putting meaning to words which was not intended in the first place.

I remember Prashant Bhushan saying that they dont want to retain Kashmir. He was asking to withdraw the army and sorts. I think he was beaten up for the original comment itself.

The big pride of all nationalists in India: Kashmir. Who beat him up for his comments by the way?

All he said was this:
"I had said there is tremendous alienation in Kashmir... The issue came up during a press conference in Varanasi 18 days ago when a journalist asked me if we (Team Anna) would agree to a referendum in Kashmir. I said I was expressing my personal views and it had nothing to do with our team," Bhushan said.

"In my view, the present situation in Kashmir is such that there is tremendous pressure on the government... I think AFSPA should be withdrawn... army should also be withdrawn gradually. But if we still feel that people feel alienated in Kashmir then a UN-mandated plebiscite can be conducted," Bhushan said adding that even former prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru had promised plebiscite to the people of Jammu and Kashmir.

Insisting that there was "nothing wrong in holding a plebiscite to ascertain people's view", Bhushan said, "We don't want to retain Kashmir at the cost of suicide bombings... We don't want Kashmir to become another Afghanistan."
Is it bad to say that he wants to retains peace on the valley, even if it means given independence to the state? Surely, it's not what the die hard nationalists want, but someone who holds the opposite view isn't wrong. In fact, he should be applauded for thinking about the people living in the valley.
About the foreign funding. I am not sure if anyone has personally audited his funds, to check if it all from NRIs.
But his funding was under probes, as he seemed to have got funded from Ford Foundations and some other NGOs.
The Representation of People Act RPA acts debars political parties from receiving funds from foreign nationals.
The HC has asked the govt to conduct investigation into his funds.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...Aam-Aadmi-Party-Govt/articleshow/25589607.cms
Yes, they should be probed for all irregularities. Thankfully, unlike Congress and BJP, they are open to prove themselves.

Not sure what happened after that.
In addition to this, AAP had given clean chits to all the individuals allegedly caught in the sting operation.
People like Nutan Thakur had resigned after this.
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1131125/jsp/nation/story_17608278.jsp#.UqqL59hXz5M
Who was caught in the sting operation by the way? It was shoddy journalism at best. Even after repeatedly telling "no," the journalists were persistent to get some mileage out of the situation. And the one who quit, she wasn't even a leader of AAP; just a member, who can be anyone. She didn't like the way it was handled, and it is her opinion which should be respected. But that doesn't mean AAP did something wrong.
Also one of the founder of AAP Surajit Dasgupta, quit because of his frustration in AAP. Please read his interview as to why he quit. He says that Arvind Kejriwal of 2012 is quite different to Arvind Kejriwal of 2013.
http://centreright.in/2013/11/why-i-quit-aap/#.UqqJG9hXz5M
Again, personal differences, and he was also frustrated with being called by the media.

From the article itself:
Yet I believe the AAP, pressing for decentralized governance of the national capital, is the best party in the fray in the Delhi Assembly elections. It’s an evil much lesser than the Congress and the BJP. At least Arvind Kejriwal will not compromise with his ideals for monetary considerations, which I cannot say for the leaders of other parties.
Why did AAP calls the Batla house encounter fake, when the HC had passed the verdict that the Encounter was a real one.
http://www.electionnewsindia.com/article-113-again-kejriwal-called-batla-house-encounter-fake.html
The HC did pass the verdict, but they didn't address one point: how come the suspect jumped from the fourth floor of a building to the first floor? With a gun? And with 19 policemen guarding the place? And came out unscathed and unharmed? The talk here is about whether the encounter was fake or not, not whether the intended victim was a criminal in the first place, which he might well be.
Why did Arvind Kejriwal had to meet cleric Maulana Tauqeer Raza Khan, who happens to have issued a lot of Fatwas including the one on Taslima Nasreen?
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/repor...ssembly-elections-strikes-controversy-1914147
This disappointed me a great deal. I don't know why Arvind Kejriwal had to go and meet scumbag priests. Taslima Nasreen was also disappointed greatly with the meeting; read her twitter feed. AAP should distance itself from all religious outfits.
Not saying that BJP or Congress is better than AAP.

I want to say that Arvid Kejriwal cannot be trusted fully.
No one can be trusted fully, but one party has shown the decency to listen to the people and be open about how they do their work.

Last edited:

A lot of people agree with his view. No kashmiri in his right mind would go with pakistan. That country is on a self destruct mode. The idea is to once and for all get done with this headache and completely diminish pakistan's remaining vestiges of control on Kashmir in eyes of rational people and countries.

But there is the fact that if Pakistan can not hold up its previous agreements what would be the point of this? Unless they get kashmir they will always cry about Kashmir being theirs. And that makes complete sense cause even if you get a trustworthy govt in pakistan which is a huge ask, there is no guarantee that their Military won overthrow it.

But the point is people of Kashmir are still being inconvenienced by the army presence and the various extra precautions there. And some people are fighting for it. Its situation with almost no way out.

Last edited:

Water, electricity etc are important things. Our lives would stand still with a slight outage. If there were competition that would be a different thing.
It's not billing, the problem is capacity shortfall. How many power stations have come up in your state in the last ten years. How much has demand increased since then. How have losses been handled. What is the recovery rate. It's not just your city, this is the story nationwide.

How can lower costs ostensibly to corruption address capacity shortfall ?

Last edited:
It's not billing, the problem is capacity shortfall. How many power stations have come up in your state in the last ten years. How much has demand increased since then. How have losses been handled. What is the recovery rate. It's not just your city, this is the story nationwide.

How can lower costs ostensibly to corruption address capacity shortfall ?
No its not the capacity. There is ample supply, check the news and laest figures. Its mostly wrong logistics or lack of coal supply or rate difference. There is a Cargo Hub coming up here the rate of electricity there are going to be Rs.2-3 per unit for the end users there.

The wires for trasnmission remain the same or changed a bit. The cost of maintenance remains the same. But the loss of distribution which was previously 60% goes down to 10% and the costs triple, where do you think the money went? And if there is no corruption then why not go through a special audit which should be routine in such critical sectors.

As for cost relation to corruption, Who pays for electric companies siphoning off money?

I don't mean to argue the nitty-gritties. But us simple logical people, we try to use our math and logic to support them. But instead when its regarding a public system, we must always doubt, the onus of proof and transperency should be on the public service entity. After all taxpayer pays the capital and the running costs, and it is to provide a service to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back