The Android Sham

^^No it's not. Almost all big manufacturers are paying Microsoft as part of their patent-licensing agreements. IINM most of them are paying $5 per each Android device sold which is almost the same as what they would have to pay to license Windows Phone for a device.

I think what everyone here would like is this:

Get a SGS II >> Install IOS >> Replace the UI with Metro UI.

What do you all say? Lets petition XDA for this, only They can understand our frustration! :)

zhopudey said:
Android lacks optimisation, iPhone lacks budget options, WP7 lacks basic things (volume control, custom ringtones, avi-mkv support), symbian lacks support from its makers :p.

Pick your poison.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Totally agree, If (and I mean a BIG IF) MS can play their cards well, they will become the Apple/IOS for the masses.
Then Android will be forced to UP its game, and, After that, hopefully, this Thread can lay in Peace! :))

RVK2488 said:
@aka911

awesome post! :lol: 3rd stage of TE android fanbois :rofl:

I think Microsoft has a real good opportunity here to fill the void with an OS which is as feature rich as Symbian/android but also has smooth and consistant UX like iOS. If MS adds the basic missing features such as blutooth transfer, volume control, mass storage mode, better custom ringtone support etc. in Tango and come up with handsets within 10-15k, they can really disrupt (android fanbois, pls dont read it as WP7 will be no. 1 in market share) the android dominance within a year. But I think MS is going to blow this golden opportunity by blindly following Apple's model and as a result android will remain at the top for quite some time (not coz its awesome, but just due to lack of any alternative features-wise)

^ No way, iOS lacks customization options and same goes for Metro too. Android wins in that department without rooting.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

How about this :

imagecng.jpg

I have changed every bit UI !
-different network signal strength
-battery percentage
-battery
-Time at top
-3G/Edge symbols
-colourful keyboards
-widgets on home screen [the watch & whether ]
-live wallpapers & video wallpapers !
-different icons
-lockscreen
-customised dock & it has scrolling effect, add as many icons want
-UI of icons in Springboard. Thanks to Barrel which gives more awesome effects than any android launchers
And many more !!

Tell me what more u want

avi said:
How about this :

imagecng.jpg

-battery percentage

-battery

-Time at top

-3G/Edge symbols

-colourful keyboards

-different icons

-lockscreen

-UI of icons in Springboard. Thanks to Barrel which gives more awesome effects than any android launchers

And many more !!

Tell me what more u want

Scrollable Widgets (Contacts, FB, Twitter, Calendar, News, etc.)

Pat said:
^^No it's not. Almost all big manufacturers are paying Microsoft as part of their patent-licensing agreements. IINM most of them are paying $5 per each Android device sold which is almost the same as what they would have to pay to license Windows Phone for a device.

Then why are manufacturers not making sub 15k /10k wp7 phones?

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

avi said:
How about this :

-battery percentage

-battery

-Time at top

-3G/Edge symbols

-colourful keyboards

-different icons

-lockscreen

And many more !!

Tell me what more u want

A tutorial?

Pretty please???

Back