The BlackBerry PlayBook Thread

Can you link me list of outlets in Mumbai ? Would like to see before hand.

BTW - Do you watch movies on it ?

Ok got a list of dealers

http://in.blackberry...ase/dealers.jsp

Recommended to buy from blackberry world ? I mean does the warranty period differs ?

The warranty period does not differ . IT has 18 months warranty . I would say get it from where it is cheaper . If you are not getting any discount else where get it from blackberry world . They will provide support with warranty if required . Chroma might not provide any discount . Any way you can go there to check it .

Bangalore Chroma dint stock it at all. They said "nahi sir, hum rakhte nahi hai"

And yes I watch movies. Late at night when I feel like I want to watch a movie in bed or when I travel. But at home? naaaaa I would rather fire up on my 32 inch LCD.

and nope, no diff in warranty period. 18 months solid everywhere.

OK I usually don't mind paying few extra bucks in case of electronics rather than buying from not so trusted website.Will check first with some dealers in hand.

Does it plays those 720p compressed to 700mb ?

OK I usually don't mind paying few extra bucks in case of electronics rather than buying from not so trusted website.Will check first with some dealers in hand.

Does it plays those 720p compressed to 700mb ?

I got it from Phoenix mall Croma,Mumbai last weekend - got it for 13990,though i paid only 1500 rest all coupons, so they have it if you want to buy there

Yes it plays 720p mkv files compressed to 700mb, however i think they dont play ac3 encoded video

Speakers are amazing! The best in any tablet. Headphones depends on the IEM/HP you use. Its pretty good for east to drive IEMs, but you will need an amp its you have something more difficult.

I meant to ask how comfortable earphones are when used while watching movies since the jack would be middle to tablet

#[member='hahahari']

Can you provide Blackberry stores contact details in Mumbai

I enquired about it none of the dealers have 16Gb in stock.

I called up blackberry store in other office they only have 64 gb will try the store you mentioned.

Chroma also seems to be stocking these

Yea,Croma stocks PB's now.....
You might wanna go for the 64GB one if your getting a good deal....I find the 16GB quite small on the storage category

Why do you say so , since i plan to play all movies from Wifi.

Streaming movie isn't a problem,you'll love it.....(If thats wht u mean by "play movies from WiFi")
If your taking about Wifi Filesharing then you would be required to store those movies on PB,right ??

For me,the PB comes in great use when i'm travelling because 1080p movies render and play brillantly on that tiny 7" tab
So i find 16GB not enough for my movies/music and some *ahem ahem* stuff :rolleyes:
Just my opinion but having a larger storage space doesn't hurt maybe just the pockets....:p
But you should go for either the 32GB or 64GB if your getting a good deal...

32GB is out of stock , everywhere i was told the production has stopped for 32GB and yes i meant streaming over Wifi using Samba.How is the battery life while watching movies over wifi ?

My only concern is mkv as i see it does not support MKV if its audio container is AC3 or DTS , damn they should have atleast got the licenses and then include support for it.

Have you tried mkv with AC3/DTS audio ? saying this since most of mkv AC3

32GB is out of stock , everywhere i was told the production has stopped for 32GB and yes i meant streaming over Wifi using Samba.How is the battery life while watching movies over wifi ?

My only concern is mkv as i see it does not support MKV if its audio container is AC3 or DTS , damn they should have atleast got the licenses and then include support for it.

Have you tried mkv with AC3/DTS audio ? saying this since most of mkv AC3

Then i guess you only have 16GB and 64GB as an option....so choose according to ur needs
Nope,mkv files aren't supported at this time,maybe in the future updates....use avi/mp4,thts wht i use :)

Back