The BlackBerry PlayBook Thread

ayanavish

- binned -
Skilled
Nov 19, 2008
Bangalore
+1 for Book Reader for EPUB and Kindle books, it opens CHM files just fine. The native PDF reader is a half-decent reader. If you finally purchase the PB, then side-load Repligo reader, which is the best PDf reader I have come across. The book reading experience is awesome though. IMO, 7inch screen is just the right size for reading.

adi_vastava

Code Game Code F**K
Adept
Feb 23, 2010
It seems buytheprice prices are lowest on this. (they are offering a 5% (percentage) discount as well) coupon code ICICI

PB 64 -> for 15600 approx (mine is enroute :), shipped from Gurgaon)
PB 16 -> for 12400 approx.

adi_vastava

Code Game Code F**K
Adept
Feb 23, 2010
So you pressed buy now on product page -> you come to cart page ->

at right hand side ->
below your product it says "apply coupon/earn rewards" -> click on it ->
select "coupon" from the drop down if not already there -> type ICICI in text box -> Apply

YashBhatt

Insanely Idiotic
Adept
Jul 12, 2009
મુંબઈ/ टोरंटो
So finally dinjo found a 16GB Playbook :p

Btw guys,what do you use to carry your PB around while travelling*....
I was using the soft pouch that comes with PB uptill now but i need something solid/better,any suggestions ? links to products ??

Dushie

Adept
Jun 22, 2009
Bangalore
i bought a case for the same, and i am using it in the carrying case itself.It's a leather case and on the screen i have a screen guard put up.Next search is on for charging dock.

YashBhatt

Insanely Idiotic
Adept
Jul 12, 2009
મુંબઈ/ टोरंटो
i bought a case for the same, and i am using it in the carrying case itself.It's a leather case and on the screen i have a screen guard put up.Next search is on for charging dock.

I already have the screen guard,what i'm looking for is a good carry case instead of the stupid soft pouch
Can you link me to that leather case ?? Looking for something around Rs500 range...

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
Sep 14, 2009
Mumbai
Nope i dont trust them they sent it via Aramex and i dont want to risk anything on electronics with Aramex.

ayanavish

- binned -
Skilled
Nov 19, 2008
Bangalore
^ The leather case looks good but doubt it would give better protection than the Zip sleeve. Zip sleeve has a sleek look, and has decent protection inside. It won't withstand a 2-feet fall but will give good protection against rough handling..