The book I am reading currently

It's not 2 books a month... it's unlimited books a month, 2 books at a time.

Here's what my dashboard looks like -

tenderleaves.png

oh, sorry, my bad. Still, Just books offer the same stuff @ 250 bucks a month. So was wondering the value add.

Havent used a library in the last three years after shifting to Kindle, but the issue I used to face is availability. If you are getting ASOIAF, then they must have a good no of copies of the book :) So that is a good thing.

Just finished "A thousand Splendid Suns". Really liked the book and narrative style of author. Now reading "Gently Falls the Bakula" by Sudha Murty.

oh, sorry, my bad. Still, Just books offer the same stuff @ 250 bucks a month. So was wondering the value add.

Havent used a library in the last three years after shifting to Kindle, but the issue I used to face is availability. If you are getting ASOIAF, then they must have a good no of copies of the book :) So that is a good thing.

Yes, I had gotten confused earlier too. :)

But you're wrong again about ASOIAF. The books which have a small hand symbol next to them are available. In this case, the first 2 books have been rented out since weeks. Reading ebooks for the first 2 parts.

Yes, I had gotten confused earlier too. :)

But you're wrong again about ASOIAF. The books which have a small hand symbol next to them are available. In this case, the first 2 books have been rented out since weeks. Reading ebooks for the first 2 parts.

oh ok :p That is pretty much would be the situation in most libraries.

Most of my friends didn't want to read ASOIAF and were very satisfied with just watching the show. Now they all want to read it. Given my books to a friend and told him to circulate each book as soon as he has finished reading it.

I think you have to see some niche books and not just current popular ones to see how the online libraries stack up.

Most of my friends didn't want to read ASOIAF and were very satisfied with just watching the show. Now they all want to read it. Given my books to a friend and told him to circulate each book as soon as he has finished reading it.

I think you have to see some niche books and not just current popular ones to see how the online libraries stack up.

well, for most people, they want to pick up a book they have heard about and non the past bestsellers or the likes. And when someone charges Rs. 500 a month for book, I expect them to have reasonable copies in stock.

There is always a tradeoff on how many copies to have of which books, but most places I have been member of never bothered to buy more than 5 copies of even the very popular current books. And that if you have something like no return date, that book might not come back into circulation for a month or two.

Wish that we would have a online ebook library in India.

The publishers want to kill this even in the west with Harper Collins putting a checkout limit of 26. So for 1 license which costs around $10, the ebook basically expires. You want to keep copy, you buy another license.

My firm has a tie with a e-library called 'kwench'. It is highly recommended because i seldom have issues of non availability of books and their delivery is top notch. Do check it out.

Read "The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari". Was officially my first read .. It was okay but woke the reader inside me :p

Currently reading: "The Kite Runner" & "Shantaram".

How's Inferno?
Its good...liked it better than Lost Symbol...for a change Langdon is not solving a murder mystery...you should really read it...never felt bored, always kept me on the edge of the seat...that's all I can say without spoiling anything.

Its good...liked it better than Lost Symbol...for a change Langdon is not solving a murder mystery...you should really read it...never felt bored, always kept me on the edge of the seat...that's all I can say without spoiling anything.
Haven't read lost symbol yet due to the bad reviews it had. Will pick this up.

Just finished reading Red Sparrow by Jason Matthews. Really good spy thriller.

I gave up on Mazalan after a couple of hundred pages. Way too many characters making the story complex but there isn't enough to hold interest.

Back