The bug thread

spynic said:

And you actually went and googled it.
2005_eyes_rolling_back.gif

Back in my hostel days, we had our fair share of weird bugs. Our campus and hostel building construction was just completed and they were right in the midst of a village area with farms and trees all around.

Some students woke up with painful reddish bruised and swelled lines on their bodies as if someone had used a whip on them and though everyone including the professors thought it might be some kind of bug, no one saw the bug itself. The thing was people did not wake up when the thing was actually happening. It took a semester for us before the mystery insect was caught in the act. In the mean time people had imagined it to be in all sorts shape, size, kind. It turned out to be a very small greenish flying insect, but the damage it had done to the students was horrifying.

Another time there was this bug about the size of a human hand in the hostel toilets. Students freaked out at the size of the bug and screamed and ran around like it was a girls hostel. Most of the students had watched the movie Starship troopers just a couple of days back and that added to the scare factor of the bug. Later it turned that bugs of that size are not an uncommon sight to village folk in places with wild vegetation or very tall grass.

Lord Nemesis said:
Another time there was this bug the size of a human(grown up) hand in the hostel toilets.
DAMN! I missed the 'hand' in that sentence twice and totally freaked out! :ashamed:

Holy mother of god... Lord Nemesis.. please bolden and caps the "HAND" part in your comment, before we see re-run of people-screamin-and-running-like-girls-hostel-while-wetting-their-pants scene here on TE... :bleh:

Anish said:
DAMN! I missed the 'hand' in that sentence twice and totally freaked out! :ashamed:

Rave said:
lol me too, had to read it over and over again a few times :lol:

iGo said:
Holy mother of god... Lord Nemesis.. please bolden and caps the "HAND" part in your comment, before we see re-run of people-screamin-and-running-like-girls-hostel-while-wetting-their-pants scene here on TE... :bleh:

:rofl:, I have edited the post a bit to highlight the hand part

Next time, try to trap the bug in a container and send the same to Animal Planet/NGC/Discovery ! :cool2:
Who knows? You might have the new species named after you :p

When I was a kid, I was all about respect. Whenever I used to kill an insect, I always used to bury it in an insect graveyard that I had created in one of my potted plants. I used to bury it in style making a grave for him and with small flower petals covering it.

I have had cockroaches running up on my face couple of times. With that experience with me, I see no problem with hitting them with a chappal or anything I can find.

Freaks me out, its reflex more than anything....

@OP you killed an emissary of the BugLord of the andromeda galaxy who had come to broker peace between earth in the milky way and the other planets in that galaxy. When news of this reaches the BugLord, he wont take it too nicely and will send his smallest warship to destroy this planet.

You just increased a shitload of work for us MIB agents.

Back