The bug thread

This one was supposed to be an expert in camouflage. But somehow it ended up on top of a Honda City in my office.

Attachments

• DSC00767.JPG
    DSC00767.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 105
@spynic - Killer pics dude, specially the house fly.

neoronin said:
This one was supposed to be an expert in camouflage. But somehow it ended up on top of a Honda City in my office.

thats a mantis init?

Motion mode in my camera required lotta light.

Its easier when they are stationary.

but the tricky part is to avoid squashing :p

Lord Nemesis said:
Back in my hostel days, we had our fair share of weird bugs. Our campus and hostel building construction was just completed and they were right in the midst of a village area with farms and trees all around.

Some students woke up with painful reddish bruised and swelled lines on their bodies as if someone had used a whip on them and though everyone including the professors thought it might be some kind of bug, no one saw the bug itself. The thing was people did not wake up when the thing was actually happening. It took a semester for us before the mystery insect was caught in the act. In the mean time people had imagined it to be in all sorts shape, size, kind. It turned out to be a very small greenish flying insect, but the damage it had done to the students was horrifying.

Dejavu! o_O

We've had similar instances in our hostel and ended up calling the bug, the 'Hi-tech' bug (or rather poochi as in tamil). :p

No one had seen the bug but had put the blame on whatever rare bugs they could spot. :lol:

Lol but nothing as big as a hand though.

But this one was clicked 2 yrs back (TBP on 5th May 2007, the day I got recruited so has a weird memory associated with it :p).

DSC00041.JPG

As for the scale, from the tip of those claws to the bottom of the wings, it measures roughly 10cms. Pretty big I should say and it was struggling to come back to its normal position. :p

PS: Me like this thread. :gap:

m0h1t said:
@spynic - Killer pics dude, specially the house fly.

thnx man!

bottle said:
stop posting pics of dead insects :lol:

none of my insects are dead.. :D.. about the house fly.. i guess its old age.. it was fallen and shaking its legs..

Gannu said:
Dejavu! o_O

We've had similar instances in our hostel and ended up calling the bug, the 'Hi-tech' bug (or rather poochi as in tamil). :p

No one had seen the bug but had put the blame on whatever rare bugs they could spot. :lol:

Lol but nothing as big as a hand though.

But this one was clicked 2 yrs back (TBP on 5th May 2007, the day I got recruited so has a weird memory associated with it :p).

DSC00041.JPG

As for the scale, from the tip of those claws to the bottom of the wings, it measures roughly 10cms. Pretty big I should say and it was struggling to come back to its normal position. :p

PS: Me like this thread. :gap:

10 cm.. creepy.. :crazeyes:

24gork6.jpg

Was on my sandwich at 4am at night..? guess I wasn't the only one who was hungry

:fear: :fear:

Waah, looks like you guys live next to nuclear (nukular?) radioactive sites to have such fancy bugs. we just get regular ants, bees, flies, and mosquitoes...

Shya...

Back