Car & Bike The car thread ......

kushaq no doubt is a brilliant car inside out but i feel they have priced it at least 2L higher than what could've been a killer vfm product. the car looks too small for a 22 lakh rupee crossover 'suv'. personally i'd choose this car over any other car in the segment without the slightest bit of hesitation but i'm pretty sure the general population is not ready to sacrifice a little bit of road presence for much better driving dynamics (and i can fully understand their sentiment).

there are a lot of cost cutting here and there unusual to a vw/skoda. 1.5 tsi was super promising on paper but it's severely underwhelming. it was supposed to outclass the competition by a good margin.

What about the EcoSport? Sure, a bit long in the tooth but it's still a good card with solid diesel engine (and decent 3 cyl petrol), arguably the best in class safety and decent looks.

kushaq no doubt is a brilliant car inside out but i feel they have priced it at least 2L higher than what could've been a killer vfm product. the car looks too small for a 22 lakh rupee crossover 'suv'. personally i'd choose this car over any other car in the segment without the slightest bit of hesitation but i'm pretty sure the general population is not ready to sacrifice a little bit of road presence for much better driving dynamics (and i can fully understand their sentiment).

there are a lot of cost cutting here and there unusual to a vw/skoda. 1.5 tsi was super promising on paper but it's severely underwhelming. it was supposed to outclass the competition by a good margin.
Street presence is one thing but that car seems too narrow at least from reviews, will have to check do confirm. And I'm reading that they're not giving 6 airbags in style automatic which is the top variant lol

What about the EcoSport? Sure, a bit long in the tooth but it's still a good card with solid diesel engine (and decent 3 cyl petrol), arguably the best in class safety and decent looks.

Ford India's Future plans remain uncertain.

No Global NCAP rating = no faith in safety

Street presence is one thing but that car seems too narrow at least from reviews, will have to check do confirm. And I'm reading that they're not giving 6 airbags in style automatic which is the top variant lol
it is indeed a little narrow. yeah lol they seemed to have goofed up this launch after creating a world of hype.

still imo kushaq >>> seltos/creta. a remap would open up the 1.5 tsi considerably. :D

it is indeed a little narrow. yeah lol they seemed to have goofed up this launch after creating a world of hype.

still imo kushaq >>> seltos/creta. a remap would open up the 1.5 tsi considerably. :D
I was considering kushaq but looking at those cheap quality interior I'm not even gonna consider it unless they send to gncap. Too much cost cutting done to trust them anymore.

Tata Nexon - its petrol engine is not exactly peppy but its a well rounded car

Skoda Rapid - New 3Cyl 1.2 1.0l engine has rave reviews. Last time I checked, there was a VFM Rider variant as well.

Ford Freestyle 1.5TDCi - Explosive engine in a smaller car.

You can look at Renault/Nissan Magnite cousins IFF the service centres in your city have reasonable reviews. Otherwise, hard pass. Avoid Baleno at all costs. You can also check out Kia Sonet/Hyundai Venue but I don't find any character in these carsand they are overpriced as well.

Disclaimer - I own a 2016 Ecosport diesel.

Last edited:
Tata Nexon - its petrol engine is not exactly peppy but its a well rounded car

Skoda Rapid - New 3Cyl 1.2 1.0l engine has rave reviews. Last time I checked, there was a VFM Rider variant as well.

Ford Freestyle 1.5TDCi - Explosive engine in a smaller car.

You can look at Renault/Nissan Magnite cousins IFF the service centres in your city have reasonable reviews. Otherwise, hard pass. Avoid Baleno at all costs. You can also check out Kia Sonet/Hyundai Venue but I don't find any character in these carsand they are overpriced as well.

Disclaimer - I own a 2016 Ecosport diesel.
Seems brezza will be the only option as I was afraid since the beginning.
Before starting my search I had zeroed in on brezza only but I found it to be over priced as a product based on features and interiors ... The engine is awesome be it petrol or diesel .

I was considering kushaq but looking at those cheap quality interior I'm not even gonna consider it unless they send to gncap. Too much cost cutting done to trust them anymore.
i think it's better we reserve total judgement till we actually get to see the car in real? i'm not keeping hopes high up but there is a slight possibility that certain things are slightly over exaggerated by a few reviewers.

Lets go to 2011.
Polo and i20 both launched.

i20 has lots of features and space, Polo has less space, less features, but better build quality and ride and handling.

Replace 2011 with 2021. Replace i20 with Creta. Replace Polo with Kushaq/Taigun

Buying a petrol car with the current fuel prices, when the world is moving on to EV. I think in the next 5 years you will see lot of EV options and battery prices are falling every year. Already in 2 wheeler with FAME 2 subsidy there is just 15k difference between a top spec 125cc TVS scooter and a similar EV scooter from the same TVS company.

For those saying battery needs to be replaced, well its not like after 8 years or 100k kms the battery will suddenly become dead. At worst case a car which had a practical range of 200km/charge when brand new would have dropped to 140km/charge at the 100k km odo, it depends more on the charge cycles rather then the age of the battery is. At this time frame of 2028 to 2029 the battery prices would have dropped by 50%. Your existing battery can still be repurposed for static energy storage like our current lead acid battery. Which can still be used by yourself if you have a independent house with solar or can be sold to some one who has and still get decent chunk of money back.

So if you want to upgrade get a used fossil fuel powered car or wait it out with your current car till the RC expires.

Imagine how much will you loose when you want to sell your now new IC car in some 8 to 10 years time, it will have piss poor resale value with every increasing fuel prices, taxes, extra toll charges to discourage people from using ICE powered vehicles.

All of it depends on govt. initiative and how they build the supporting infrastructure of which there is barely anything atm, EV users are mostly confined to cities or shorter highway runs.

2 wheelers are a different matter altogether, mass produced bikes like the upcoming ola scooter as well as the Hero-Gogoro one are bound to succeed because of the charging networks the companies plan to invest in along with the convenience of having removable batteries unlike the Ather, Chetak and iQube.
Not everyone has an independent house or a covered parking with a power outlet so having a removable battery will be a boon for those waiting for better bikes than the okinawa or cheaper Hero ones.

Current EV users are more like beta testers, the economics, issues and associated long term costs are still not clear.

Lets go to 2011.
Polo and i20 both launched.

i20 has lots of features and space, Polo has less space, less features, but better build quality and ride and handling.

Replace 2011 with 2021. Replace i20 with Creta. Replace Polo with Kushaq/Taigun
well the difference is every hyundai car then handled like a boat. not the case now. vw/skoda is still considerably ahead in that department but the gap isn’t huge like it used to be.

well the difference is every hyundai car then handled like a boat. not the case now. vw/skoda is still considerably ahead in that department but the gap isn’t huge like it used to be.

With the Seltos, maybe.
Not with the Creta, though.

I'd rate the handling of the Seltos as 6.5/10. (7/10 for the GT line turbo-petrol variant with its 17 inch alloys and slightly stiffer tuning)
The Creta would be lucky to get a 5/10.
The Kushaq, I guess would be a 7.5 to 8/10. (fingers crossed).

PS: 10/10 for me would be a VW Polo 1.6 petrol manual, running on Cobra Suspension's lowering springs.

With the Seltos, maybe.
Not with the Creta, though.

I'd rate the handling of the Seltos as 6.5/10. (7/10 for the GT line turbo-petrol variant with its 17 inch alloys and slightly stiffer tuning)
The Creta would be lucky to get a 5/10.
The Kushaq, I guess would be a 7.5 to 8/10. (fingers crossed).

PS: 10/10 for me would be a VW Polo 1.6 petrol manual, running on Cobra Suspension's lowering springs.
and the seltos is too firm for what it tried to achieve.

how would you rate a stock polo? jazz (very underpowered and usually not even a discussion of enthusiastic cars but imo handles well) or city ?

Well guys still looking for some more suggestions for a car that has a bit of height, is a compact SUV, and has good suspension , decent peppy engine and other usual bells in whistles..
Budget not more than 8 or may be lower ..

I know I am pushing very hard as this budget is way too tight .. but may be you folks know better than me ns would suggest something ... That's what I am hoping here [emoji2]

Back