The Dark Knight Rises

^ Maybe yes if the same director is convinced to be the producer later on . For now its certain that there wont be any sequel to this by Nolan :(

I believe not only Noaln but Bale also announced that he was wearing the suite for the last time on twitter. So even if another director tries to continue with the series without the same main lead it would be difficult to relate with the past movies.

Shucks! It might have been awesome if DiCaprio was cast as The Riddler! Or maybe even Johnny Depp? :p

I wish Penguin made his appearance as well. That would be overkill perhaps. :ashamed:

Johnny Depp should have played the Joker's Part in TDK

i must be (am) the only guy who thought that Heath Ledgers didnt do justice to Jokers' character
Almost all my friends disagree with me ..even my brother...heck the whole world disagrees

There is no doubt that his performance was outstanding in the movie per se

But somehow he didnt match Jokers actual behaviour in the animated series/comics or even video games
Heath Ledger was too serious and never once showed teeth nor did he have the Jokers' infamous laughs nor does he have the looks of a pyscho maniac :p
But he portrayed Joker chaotic and unpredictability nature better

U5JKr.jpg

Gooogle image search - Joker batman comic

Johnny Depp should have played the Joker's Part in TDK

i must be (am) the only guy who thought that Heath Ledgers didnt do justice to Jokers' character
Almost all my friends disagree with me ..even my brother...heck the whole world disagrees.

It could have gone either way.

But somehow he didnt match Jokers actual behaviour in the animated series/comics or even video games
Heath Ledger was too serious and never once showed teeth

(Not exactly the answer u r seeking.. but still..)

How many of your friends did i killed?
Six

Six..

I want to know what would be story progression if we assume all the cast n crew agree to make a sequel

Well, bring in a bunch of criminals who might have escaped Arkham Asylum after about a decade, say Poison Ivy/Mr. Freeze/Penguin/Killer Croc/Harley Quinn/Hugo Strange and intends to wreak havoc upon Gotham city somehow. Maybe like serial killings? And then Robin who has assumed the role of the new Batman (in one of the comic versions, he actually did) decides to track it NOT as the Robin we know from the comics (as his sidekick) but the guy whom we saw in the last installment (more of the detective types). And there were a few who might have survived from the last series as well - Scare Crow and Victor Zsasz (from Batman Begins) for instance. Their whereabouts were unknown so they make a comeback as well but this time in a more serious way. Or start afresh perhaps. But surpassing Nolan's standards is perhaps a far-fetched thought with the way he ended the series!

On a related note, I wish Stan Winston was alive today. He could have designed the Killer Croc in a lethal way! He was the guy who gave us the Terminator, Xenomorphs in Aliens, dinosaurs in Jurassic Park, Predator, Edward Scissorhands, Iron Man etc.

And let us hope Bale does come back to reprise his role as Batman. I don't think anyone else could outdo him. Or maybe there is someone and some director needs to find that guy and bring out the talent in him. :p

Please quote some cheesy dialogues from the movie.

Though I can quote some really funny ones.

People are finding loopholes in TDKR. Come on guys this is a superhero movie. The lead characters are fictional. So what if Noaln has made this keeping in mind the present world, its still all fiction. There will always be loopholes.

Sigh.. I didn't want to write this and incur the wrath of the fanboys. My issues with the movie:

PS: All of these are spoilers so, think before you open it -->
Nothing original about the movie. There was nothing significant about the characters, nothing special, nothing terrifying and nothing lovable. They were simply run of the mill characters who could very well have been picked up from another action movie and put here. All these are exceptionally talented actors and I am not blaming their acting; but there was nothing memorable about them in this movie.

As an example, take Batman Begins. You had mountains, mysticism, a secret, murderous, psychopathic society, a deranged psychopath (Scarecrow) and you had Bruce Bane discovering himself along with help from characters who were going to play a pivotal role in his life - Alfred, Gordon, Fox etc.

I don't think I even need to speak about TDK and how we had the Joker; who seemed like an unstoppable force in himself. How he converted the beacon of truth and justice; Harvey Dent, into Two-face and how he was almost successful in achieving his ultimate aim - Anarchy.

In this case, there is so much going on that you don't get time to appreciate the characters; relate to them and feel their joy/pain.
  • Bane is simply a terrorist whose master plan is eventually destroying a single city. He is built up as this biggest enemy for Batman and come from the hell hole of a place which is nothing but an unrealistic looking prison in India. More on that later.
  • Our Batman in this case is an old, wizened man who has receded into the dark corridors of this mansion. Yes, I don't like to see my heroes look like a decaying tree.
  • There is no crime in Gotham and everyone's relaxed. Gordon has become a laughing stock since he is telling people to be on alert always.
  • Alfred disappears halfway through the movie after giving lengthy definitions on how dangerous Bane is and how he does not want Bruce to die.
  • Miranda Tate makes an unnecessary appearance and Bruce gives in to the temptations whilst flirting side-by-side with Selina Kyle and placing much more trust in her than a smart, intelligent man like Bruce Wayne would.
  • John Blake keeps showing up as a hotheaded cop who knows for sure that Bruce is Batman (no explanation given) and Bruce just says.. Yes.
  • Bruce Wayne is stuck in a prison where he does a few push-ups and sit-ups for his fight with Bane; the same person who broke his back so easily. And apparently hanging a guy with a broken vertebrae and simply punching it in makes everything all right. And I am not nitpicking. I would have believed a mystic saint, (since he was in a pit in India- hell on Earth) had applied "jadibooti" on his back. Don't even get me started on the steroid-fed gym rat whose only purpose seemed to be tying ropes around people who wanted to try to escape from that prison.
  • Dagget, which looked like he could have a major role later on, has more or less a cameo.

The main thing which set TDK apart was its extreme unpredictability. But in TDKR, it was all corny, cheesy story turns.
  • Tate turns out to be the mastermind behind all this, Talia Al Ghul.
  • All 3000 police officers get trapped underneath the tunnels for 3 months. Later, they do a stupid run in a Civil-War-bayonet-charge fashion with their pistols and batons against hundreds of criminals armed with guns and high-tech Batman equipment.
  • Bruce is all fine and dandy after a few push-ups and arrives out of the shadows, clean-shaven, James Bond style to meet Selina on the bridge. No one can even guess he was in a hell hole for 3 months. Or how he even got into the country and further into Gotham which was apparently being guarded by the US Army, Navy and Airforce. As Bane clearly said that if anyone leaves or enters Gotham, he will blow it up. Remember, no Alfred or Fox to help him.
  • Bane and his goons hijack the stock exchange and escape on motorcycles.
  • Helpful prisoners in a hell on earth prison who go out of the way to help you get back on feet. I now can't seem to understand why that prison was so bad in the first place.
  • Batman had already fixed the auto-pilot months ago. Ta-da!
  • Bane and Tate die weird, untimely and stupid deaths.
  • Neutron bomb had to be taken out by Batman.

With a run of 2 hours and 45 minutes, Nolan still tried to squeeze a hell lot of stuff in. There was no characterisation at all. All characters were hollow and many of them simply did not need to be there. The movie had such a depressive feel to it that by the time Batman returned, I simply did not care. I already knew what was about to happen.

Yes, I maybe over-analysing but from Nolan I cannot expect less. I expect the guy to make me think about the movie even 10 days after watching it. Inception, TDK, Batman Begins.

This movie would have come out the same even if Michael Bay directed it. Sorry, that's what I felt.

The rumor is that Nolan was even skeptical about making the 3rd part till somehow he and his brother came up with a finale that he thought was justified enough to complete the series. So, there is no way that he's gonna continue it. And from what we'd all have read about Bale losing his cool during the shooting of this movie, dont think he'd also be prepared to come back as the caped crusader

Thoroughly enjoyed the movie though but missed the all important first 15 minutes :p Will be at the screening much earlier tomorrow :lol:

Holy shit how did you miss that! OK it wasn't all that epic when compared to TDK's opening sequence, but still was ok.

Oh and don't miss out 'Littlefinger' from Game of Thrones, while you are at it. :p

The rumor is that Nolan was even skeptical about making the 3rd part till somehow he and his brother came up with a finale that he thought was justified enough to complete the series. So, there is no way that he's gonna continue it. And from what we'd all have read about Bale losing his cool during the shooting of this movie, dont think he'd also be prepared to come back as the caped crusader

Thoroughly enjoyed the movie though but missed the all important first 15 minutes :p Will be at the screening much earlier tomorrow :lol:

BOLD : Wen and how ??

Holy shit how did you miss that! OK it wasn't all that epic when compared to TDK's opening sequence, but still was ok.

Oh and don't miss out 'Littlefinger' from Game of Thrones, while you are at it. :p

We know him better as Tommy Carcetti .. :D

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Sigh.. I didn't want to write this and incur the wrath of the fanboys. My issues with the movie:

PS: All of these are spoilers so, think before you open it -->
Nothing original about the movie. There was nothing significant about the characters, nothing special, nothing terrifying and nothing lovable. They were simply run of the mill characters who could very well have been picked up from another action movie and put here. All these are exceptionally talented actors and I am not blaming their acting; but there was nothing memorable about them in this movie.

As an example, take Batman Begins. You had mountains, mysticism, a secret, murderous, psychopathic society, a deranged psychopath (Scarecrow) and you had Bruce Bane discovering himself along with help from characters who were going to play a pivotal role in his life - Alfred, Gordon, Fox etc.

I don't think I even need to speak about TDK and how we had the Joker; who seemed like an unstoppable force in himself. How he converted the beacon of truth and justice; Harvey Dent, into Two-face and how he was almost successful in achieving his ultimate aim - Anarchy.

In this case, there is so much going on that you don't get time to appreciate the characters; relate to them and feel their joy/pain.
  • Bane is simply a terrorist whose master plan is eventually destroying a single city. He is built up as this biggest enemy for Batman and come from the hell hole of a place which is nothing but an unrealistic looking prison in India. More on that later.
  • Our Batman in this case is an old, wizened man who has receded into the dark corridors of this mansion. Yes, I don't like to see my heroes look like a decaying tree.
  • There is no crime in Gotham and everyone's relaxed. Gordon has become a laughing stock since he is telling people to be on alert always.
  • Alfred disappears halfway through the movie after giving lengthy definitions on how dangerous Bane is and how he does not want Bruce to die.
  • Miranda Tate makes an unnecessary appearance and Bruce gives in to the temptations whilst flirting side-by-side with Selina Kyle and placing much more trust in her than a smart, intelligent man like Bruce Wayne would.
  • John Blake keeps showing up as a hotheaded cop who knows for sure that Bruce is Batman (no explanation given) and Bruce just says.. Yes.
  • Bruce Wayne is stuck in a prison where he does a few push-ups and sit-ups for his fight with Bane; the same person who broke his back so easily. And apparently hanging a guy with a broken vertebrae and simply punching it in makes everything all right. And I am not nitpicking. I would have believed a mystic saint, (since he was in a pit in India- hell on Earth) had applied "jadibooti" on his back. Don't even get me started on the steroid-fed gym rat whose only purpose seemed to be tying ropes around people who wanted to try to escape from that prison.
  • Dagget, which looked like he could have a major role later on, has more or less a cameo.

The main thing which set TDK apart was its extreme unpredictability. But in TDKR, it was all corny, cheesy story turns.
  • Tate turns out to be the mastermind behind all this, Talia Al Ghul.
  • All 3000 police officers get trapped underneath the tunnels for 3 months. Later, they do a stupid run in a Civil-War-bayonet-charge fashion with their pistols and batons against hundreds of criminals armed with guns and high-tech Batman equipment.
  • Bruce is all fine and dandy after a few push-ups and arrives out of the shadows, clean-shaven, James Bond style to meet Selina on the bridge. No one can even guess he was in a hell hole for 3 months. Or how he even got into the country and further into Gotham which was apparently being guarded by the US Army, Navy and Airforce. As Bane clearly said that if anyone leaves or enters Gotham, he will blow it up. Remember, no Alfred or Fox to help him.
  • Bane and his goons hijack the stock exchange and escape on motorcycles.
  • Helpful prisoners in a hell on earth prison who go out of the way to help you get back on feet. I now can't seem to understand why that prison was so bad in the first place.
  • Batman had already fixed the auto-pilot months ago. Ta-da!
  • Bane and Tate die weird, untimely and stupid deaths.
  • Neutron bomb had to be taken out by Batman.

With a run of 2 hours and 45 minutes, Nolan still tried to squeeze a hell lot of stuff in. There was no characterisation at all. All characters were hollow and many of them simply did not need to be there. The movie had such a depressive feel to it that by the time Batman returned, I simply did not care. I already knew what was about to happen.

Yes, I maybe over-analysing but from Nolan I cannot expect less. I expect the guy to make me think about the movie even 10 days after watching it. Inception, TDK, Batman Begins.

This movie would have come out the same even if Michael Bay directed it. Sorry, that's what I felt.

How about watching the movie without comparing it to TDK every scene .. both the movies had very different themes and as much as fans would like another TDK it just wasnt gonna happen which I suppose few people are pissed off.

Its not just this film. The Bat suite is pretty tight and Christian felt very uneasy, sweating in it. IIRC, Nolan even said that Christian would get in foul mood whenever he wore the suit for long time and this in turn helped him picturing that Batman is not a Human in a suit rather a Beast in a suit.

How about watching the movie without comparing it to TDK every scene .. both the movies had very different themes and as much as fans would like another TDK it just wasnt gonna happen which I suppose few people are pissed off.

I'm sorry, but where have I compared it to TDK for every scene? :unsure:
I have spoken about the movie in general.

Secondly, what do you mean by the statement "fans would like another TDK"? I don't want to watch another TDK. I want to watch a movie that is as different from TDK as TDK was from Batman Begins.

Obviously, I am not talking about a person's taste in movies here. That I respect. I only pointed out flaws which can be seen by a person who doesn't have a bias - whether for it or against it.

Again, I reiterate that I loved Christian Bale (for the 15 odd minutes he was Batman), Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman, Anne Hathaway and the brilliant score by Zimmer. I loved the cinematography by Wally Pfister and I loved the action scenes. But if you are talking about the story, this was no better than Transformers.

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

apparently the joker got his scar laughing too hard at tdkr's pathetic attempt at a story.

We have another winner! :p

Read this if you didn't understand why I said the above --> http://www.techenclave.com/general-talk/dark-knight-rises-125822/p14/#post1689695

I'm sorry, but where have I compared it to TDK for every scene? :unsure:
I have spoken about the movie in general.

Secondly, what do you mean by the statement "fans would like another TDK"? I don't want to watch another TDK. I want to watch a movie that is as different from TDK as TDK was from Batman Begins.

Obviously, I am not talking about a person's taste in movies here. That I respect. I only pointed out flaws which can be seen by a person who doesn't have a bias - whether for it or against it.

Again, I reiterate that I loved Christian Bale (for the 15 odd minutes he was Batman), Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman, Anne Hathaway and the brilliant score by Zimmer. I loved the cinematography by Wally Pfister and I loved the action scenes. But if you are talking about the story, this was no better than Transformers.

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

We have another winner! :p

Read this if you didn't understand why I said the above --> http://www.techenclave.com/general-talk/dark-knight-rises-125822/p14/#post1689695

All this talk of Bane isnt Joker .. shows the TDK hangover .. People who went in expecting a chaotic psychopath were surely disappointed with such a polar opposite characted.

Jokers "dog chasing cars" vs Bane "Man on a mission" are totally different characters so comparing them seems hardly fair.

And as much as Nolan wanted to avoid any reference to Joker in the movie .. the viewers are hell bent on that one thing only..
The unrealistic prison from India is never actually revealed to be from 'India', its just fore-knowledge .. Just like Gotham is clearly Manhattan ... I don't see how that can be critical of the movie

And the whole Batman getting back into Gotham .. since it would be waste of screen time to chronicle his journey back so it was avoided. For the sake of explanation.. Bruce Wayne went to Wayne manor(which is out the main city remember) first .. picked up the Bat-Wing flew into the city at night .. which is where he find it later. Simple enough. As to how he got back .. since Superman is an alien from another planet .. I think Bruce Wayne's travel itinerary can be left out of the plot.

Having your backbone fixed by a punch is as easy as getting nightmarish hallucinations from a flower on a mountaintop .. We prefer to call it a plot device.
And to consider Michael Bay for making this movie just shows one is trying to hard to dislike something, sorry

--more later.

Having your backbone fixed by a punch is as easy as getting nightmarish hallucinations from a flower on a mountaintop .. We prefer to call it a plot device.

Something similar could very well exist in real life, the flower I mean. Not too sure about a backbone fracture getting treated without any medical supervision though.
Although its not about a few plot holes, its about the overall feel of the movie and the story of the movie, which was (in my opinion) the weakest amongst the three batman movies.

All this talk of Bane isnt Joker .. shows the TDK hangover .. People who went in expecting a chaotic psychopath were surely disappointed with such a polar opposite characted.

Jokers "dog chasing cars" vs Bane "Man on a mission" are totally different characters so comparing them seems hardly fair.

And as much as Nolan wanted to avoid any reference to Joker in the movie .. the viewers are hell bent on that one thing only..
The unrealistic prison from India is never actually revealed to be from 'India', its just fore-knowledge .. Just like Gotham is clearly Manhattan ... I don't see how that can be critical of the movie

And the whole Batman getting back into Gotham .. since it would be waste of screen time to chronicle his journey back so it was avoided. For the sake of explanation.. Bruce Wayne went to Wayne manor(which is out the main city remember) first .. picked up the Bat-Wing flew into the city at night .. which is where he find it later. Simple enough. As to how he got back .. since Superman is an alien from another planet .. I think Bruce Wayne's travel itinerary can be left out of the plot.

And to consider Michael Bay for making this movie just shows one is trying to hard to dislike something, sorry

--more later.

Firstly, use spoiler tags or at least warn people ---

Spoilers below (and above)! You have been warned!

Please read what I wrote.. again.

I am not comparing Bane to Joker. I loved both.
I am comparing the feeling of dread they invoked. Again, not the actors, but the script.
Sure, it can be India, it can be South America.. when did I say that it mattered? I was only talking about the prison - which didn't seem as scary as it was told in the story earlier. You have helpful inmates, a way to escape if you were strong enough and did timely push-ups and sit-ups and also a body-builder who can give you pro tips if you need them.

The back-healed-by-single-punch-while-hanging-from-rope scene. Sigh.. have you read Knightfall? I haven't read it myself but take this from the creators of the original comic

Bruce Wayne (Batman) suffers burnout and is systematically assaulted and crippled by a "super steroid"-enhanced genius named Bane. Eventually, Wayne is healed through paranormal means, and reclaims his role as Batman.

Even in the comics, he has been healed by paranormal means by a Shondra Kinsolving -

Shondra is a low level metahuman telekinetic with the ability to heal. Her powers can apparently be boosted (by other metahumans with psionic abilities) high enough to kill.

You do realize the most important part of the Batman series, the reason why it became such a rage? Because it has been grounded in reality. Why was everyone shit scared by Heath Ledger's performance? Because it was believable. The viewer felt as if he was inside Gotham and was extremely vulnerable.

Both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. That is what made it so different from other superhero flicks. This is a normal man. Not Superman who can heal all of his injuries simply by getting sunlight for a few minutes. That is why it is such a big issue with me. Am I wrong in expecting Nolan to make it realistic?

Though I agree that introducing another character, when you have enough already to fill 3 movies, would have been ridiculous, this approach really feels like laziness on part of the writers. Sorry, no other way around it.

Just an FYI - Nightmarish hallucinations from a flower is a much, much better plot device than having your middle-aged backbone (which is protruding out, by the way) fixed by a punch.

Back