The Dark Knight Rises

View attachment 13325
Its like this, half of the movie is regular print and the imax shots are shown on full screen. its such a big ass screen; sitting in the second row, you wont be able to see the entire screen at once.

That's what I thought :) Doesn't it feel off when the movie switches between full sized IMAX and shrunk to normal widescreen? Anyways, I'll probably just wait for it to arrive on bluray too. For some reason I like the clarity of picture/sound watching 1080p at home better than sitting in a cinema.

People are finding loopholes in TDKR. Come on guys this is a superhero movie. The lead characters are fictional. So what if Noaln has made this keeping in mind the present world, its still all fiction. There will always be loopholes.

People are finding loopholes in TDKR. Come on guys this is a superhero movie. The lead characters are fictional. So what if Noaln has made this keeping in mind the present world, its still all fiction. There will always be loopholes.

I am fine with the loopholes but I am more irritated by cliched dialogues, sketchy characterisation and discontinuity in the story. Also, I loved TDK so these things were unforgivable. He raised the bar too high! :)

If the same movie was directed by Michael Bay i would have given it 10/10. I had expected a much better movie, dialogues, by Nolan. All his previous movies are one of the best i have seen. TDKR is way below his standards.

That's what I thought :) Doesn't it feel off when the movie switches between full sized IMAX and shrunk to normal widescreen? Anyways, I'll probably just wait for it to arrive on bluray too. For some reason I like the clarity of picture/sound watching 1080p at home better than sitting in a cinema.

i watched mi4 @ imax mumbai which had 30min of imax footage mostly the dubai scaling and sandstorm part

there was no switching..
maybe they upscaled the non-imax parts to the imax size

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

The whole movie felt a bit grainy...
the kind you get when you zoom 1080p rips to the maximum size

I never saw any of Batman movie until yesterday. I finally decided to download Batman Begins (2005), Batman - The Dark Knight (2008).. I wanted to watch two of the predecessors before actually watching The Dark Knight Rises. I used to watch Batman (and Robin) when I was kid but I don't remember any of them.

Finally, I watched both the predecessors. I liked them a lot. Looking forward to watch The Dark Knight Rises (no 3D show in the city where I live right now ;( that sucks).

I would rate Batman Begins - 8/10 and The Dark Knight - 8.5/10. I hope The Dark Knight Rises is better than both of them :D Anyways, no sign of Robin in Nolan's batman?

TDKR is not in 3d only 2D but it's worth going to IMAX for it.
I never saw any of Batman movie until yesterday. I finally decided to download Batman Begins (2005), Batman - The Dark Knight (2008).. I wanted to watch two of the predecessors before actually watching The Dark Knight Rises. I used to watch Batman (and Robin) when I was kid but I don't remember any of them.

Finally, I watched both the predecessors. I liked them a lot. Looking forward to watch The Dark Knight Rises (no 3D show in the city where I live right now ;( that sucks).

I would rate Batman Begins - 8/10 and The Dark Knight - 8.5/10. I hope The Dark Knight Rises is better than both of them :D Anyways, no sign of Robin in Nolan's batman?

The number & magnitude of 'loopholes' (occasions requiring suspension of disbelief is how I put it) is too high to be ignored imho. Which other superhero movie had as many? Also, every superhero comic/movie is governed by a certain logic/rules based on the particular universe it is set in. So just saying there will be 'loopholes' is not enough. & especially so in Nolan's Batman world since his vision (if I've understood it correctly) is a lot closer to reality. For eg. in Schumacher's Batman world, anything goes.

If the same movie was directed by Michael Bay i would have given it 10/10. I had expected a much better movie, dialogues, by Nolan. All his previous movies are one of the best i have seen. TDKR is way below his standards.

If the same movie was directed by Michael Bay...... people would have termed it an average movie, :)

I saw the movie on Monday. Its good. Honestly i liked it more than the Dark Knight because of its Bollywoodish tone i guess. But yeah it was quite good. It was so interesting that i did not even need Popcorn for watching the entire movie! :lol:
Christian Bale was good but again the opposite turned out to be better. Bane ie, Tom Hardy. His performance in Inception was quite good and even in Rock N Rolla but even with wearing a Mask in this movie he beats the shit out of the throat cancer Bat. Great movie though. Not coming from a batman fan though. So don't hate me for not going nuts over it!

I want to watch it again because there's just too much to take in.
At NolanFans forum several guys who complained after first viewing are playing different tune after second/third viewing.

IMHO, this is a perfect end to a great trilogy.

4853158_460s.jpg

Shucks! It might have been awesome if DiCaprio was cast as The Riddler! Or maybe even Johnny Depp? :p

I wish Penguin made his appearance as well. That would be overkill perhaps. :ashamed:

I'm going to answer this only because you asked explicitly
TDKR makes some reference, watch it to find out.

Can anyone actually make a sequel to a series that the director himself considered to be complete? Just a thought.

Back