The Dark Knight Rises

I agree with you completely! Majority of the population fall in the "hype" drama, its so funny! Terminator 2: Judgement Day is my "best movie" of all time too! I watch a bit of it regulary. Last night i watched the fight scene between Model 101 and T1000 ;) Interesting fact : Arnold and Robert Patrick were trained to shoot guns without blinking… to give a hardcore “machine” effect? It was radical and way ahead of its time! No damn movie matches T2. Robocop 2 is also good!

Yea, could not have said it better. There are a ton of people out there (not pointing at the TE crowd); who have not even seen any of the BM movies; but are carried with the hype of the crowd. BM has had a huge advantage in the sense, the ecosystem is all ready there due to the comics. The world exists. Where the Terminator universe surpasses BM, is that it created its own world on celluloid and delivered an excellent work of art. Even I watch T2 over and over, and just did after reading the above, about the blinking of the eyes. Holds true...! T2 was way ahead of its time, and people still remember. Even the casting sequence is awesome.

So, TDKR has 1 hour of footage shot in IMAX apparently. So what happens for the rest of the movie if people watch it on an IMAX screen? Is it scaled up/becomes blurry or what?!

i have some question-
1.Why didn't bane kill Lucius as he also can turn the reactor off.
2.The Wayne co. Board Members saw the Tumblers+the other tech in the storage, aren't they going to know about Lucius supplying tech to Batman or even about Bruce Wayne?
3.Again about the Tumblers, public saw Banes army with Batman like arsenal.
4.Is there is any mention of "The Croc"?
5.Is the Wayne Enterprise Dead?
6.How Bruces leg got fixed in the end?,is the leg strap is still attached after Bane throw him in the Indian Jail.

great movie but not the Best one of the trilogy...I want to say that i liked TBB the most...i should,but i have to say my favorite is TDKR..that joker Laugh still Haunts me...

So, TDKR has 1 hour of footage shot in IMAX apparently. So what happens for the rest of the movie if people watch it on an IMAX screen? Is it scaled up/becomes blurry or what?!

Its in 120 mm rest of movie is played as in normal theatres

Its in 120 mm rest of movie is played as in normal theatres

I still don't get it... is it projected onto the same entire screen (so is it like "upscaled") or does the movie height/width get shrunk and not cover the entire IMAX screen?

I have seen TDK (not TDKR) in Imax dome before (in wadala when it was actually a dome).
The sequences which were IMAX specific covered entire dome but rest of the movie was looking like wide screen picture projected on a concave screen. Hard to explain. Not sure if anyone here understood what i said here :ashamed:

Oh My god my Stomach is paining! :lol:
578760_423983644310087_630205609_n.jpg

I think after TDK, this movie has focussed more on Batman than the villans. TDK was an out and out Joker flick to be honest and its he that brought in the crowds. Batman was completly over shadowed in it. So to some extent Bane being underplayed a bit was fine, but somehow I just could not find it in me to see him as an equal to or better than Batman. He needed something more to give him tht push, which was not there....he was more like a side kick, which was what he eventually turned out to be anyway...

Having said that, its been a long time since I got emotional in a movie and this movie got me all blury eyed. I ate up every little bit of it and really enjoyed myself. I was scared that all the hype would kill it for me and surprisingly it lived up to all the hype and then added some more.

To those who have not seen it yet, I suggest you do and to thos that didnt like it...well what can I say, thts your opinion.

I still don't get it... is it projected onto the same entire screen (so is it like "upscaled") or does the movie height/width get shrunk and not cover the entire IMAX screen?
Prints.png
Its like this, half of the movie is regular print and the imax shots are shown on full screen. its such a big ass screen; sitting in the second row, you wont be able to see the entire screen at once.

Did we have a thread like this for either the Avengers or the Spider man reboot. No we didn't. That alone makes it a fact that TDKR is a success. As for the movie itself, well I would say that Nolan has done Justice to the trilogy. Which other comic book franchise had this kind of success in the theaters. All three are a must match. I watched this on friday and I am still thinking about this. Heck I was planning to catch it one more time today. Haven't done that in a long long time.

^ Eh ?
We have threads for scandals and scams as well.

Not putting a question mark over the movie's success or anything similar, but the example is not good enough.
TDKR has a thread because Nolan was able to prove himself twice. The expectations fuelled the hype.
Also, this is supposed to end the 3 part franchise.

Oh My god my Stomach is paining!

There is no logic in comparing the ratings of movies released 3 months apart with one of the movie still in its first week. Avengers had a sky high rating at one pt of time as well.

View attachment 13325
Its like this, half of the movie is regular print and the imax shots are shown on full screen. its such a big ass screen; sitting in the second row, you wont be able to see the entire screen at once.

I suppose this was something similar to the blu-ray versions which were out for TDK. Some of the sequences were in 1080p whereas some others had the black borders at the top and bottom.

^yup.

anyways I was let down by the movie. most noticible was the music, hans zimmer could've been better at many scenes.

There is no logic in comparing the ratings of movies released 3 months apart with one of the movie still in its first week. Avengers had a sky high rating at one pt of time as well.
Just a joke mate don't take it seriously and i wasn't the one who made this. Just posted it.

Back