The Dark Knight Rises

I am not sure about that. I saw one of Michael Bay's older movies - 'The Rock' and I realized something Shia LaBeouf is annoying but he wasn't screaming randomly to emphasize something but it was the director. Here is a quote from the movie where Cage randomly yells (not exactly yell but raises his voice and says) - "What do you say we cut the chit-chat, a-hole?".

See the movie and then see the Transformers series and you will realize both sets only contain explosions, cheesy dialogues, horrible acting and then some more explosions.

I can actually place a bet that Michael Bay had made this movie then in the scene where police are chasing the Batman and he takes a left and disappears in the alley and the 2 police cars nearly collide, in Bay's version the 2 cars would collide explode then other cars would run into them and they too would explode.

Considering this was Nolan's last movie I just hope the series isn't given to someone like Michael Bay or Joel Schumacher.

Is Miranda's character from the movie Poison Ivy?

I am sorry I haven't read much of Batman comics but have watch the animated series and Poison Ivy's character was always pushing for a better greener world. Out here she had a similar agenda at the start of the movie.

So could someone tell me who is Miranda except the fact that she is Ra Al Ghul's daughter?

I appreciate your research but that comment was not meant to be taken literally :p

I just meant that if you look at all of Nolan's movies, this one is certainly not among the top 5. Either he bowed to the studio's wishes when he didn't really want to make a third movie or he took to heart the fans who said that TDK was too dark.

@Sei - I agree with you on that. Batman is meant to be dark and this movie had more feel good, lighter moments than both the previous versions combined.

Last edited by a moderator:
4915025_460s.jpg

:lol: :rofl:

This movie should have been split into two parts. I saw it the second time and liked it more but just cannot help feeling everything gets too overambitious and rushed from the invasion of the city till Wayne returns to Gotham.

Overall I liked it more than Begins, but TDK is still a masterpiece.

Back