The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew .. after a really long day at the airtel shop ... (First the credit card machine was down .. then wen i paid in cash the damn printer got stuck... :( )

Finally I got the iPhone 3G (8GB) in my hand ..... :) .... Right now my airtel line is not yet activated so haven't been able to check the network features yet .. but tried my hand at Wifi and a few games .... and I think I am in LOVE :p .......

scarezebra said:
Phew .. after a really long day at the airtel shop ... (First the credit card machine was down .. then wen i paid in cash the damn printer got stuck... :( )
Finally I got the iPhone 3G (8GB) in my hand ..... :) .... Right now my airtel line is not yet activated so haven't been able to check the network features yet .. but tried my hand at Wifi and a few games .... and I think I am in LOVE :p .......

Congrats ! What's the current price for the 8gb and the 16gb one's ?

Guys- I am looking to buy to the iphone 3g, I know the output quality thro ear phones is awesome, but I would like to know how is the quality of the loud speaker, coz most of the time in the office at nite's I play music on the speaker, and want it to be good, for example does it equal that of n95? Pls respond my current phone is n95/5800

I have been thinking of buying one since the last few days.
Just need to get a few questions sorted out.

I currently own an HTC Touch.

1. Will it be a worthy upgrade ? Kind of stupid to ask, but still ?
2. In windows mobile, the appointment's show up on my home screen.
They are right there in front of me whenever I look at my phone. I love that. It makes sure I never forget an appointment / task.
How does the iPhone compare to that ?
3. Does A2DP work in an iPhone ? I listen to music and take calls through my BT headset.
4. I understand the need to unlock the phone to use with a different carrier. But what's the point of jailbreaking ? How does that work / help ?

P.S. I have been using the SciPhone i68+ for the past couple of months.
I like the phone, it's good, but it's pushed me in to buying an original iphone !
It's like, " If the copy is this good.. the original is going to rock !"

^^

well i own ipod touch 2G which is iphone minus phone :) ... I can tell there's nothing like iPhone, you will love it and its worth every penny spend, but its not the right time to buy iPhone as new models of it are expected soon. In the new iphone with Os 3.0 everything has been sorted out and it will be the perfect iPhone just wait for it.

People jailbreak mostly for piracy of apps and some for the sake of third party apps like changing themes, jailbreaking unlocks full capabilities of iphone

ishashank said:
^^

well i own ipod touch 2G which is iphone minus phone :) ... I can tell there's nothing like iPhone, you will love it and its worth every penny spend, but its not the right time to buy iPhone as new models of it are expected soon. In the new iphone with Os 3.0 everything has been sorted out and it will be the perfect iPhone just wait for it.

People jailbreak mostly for piracy of apps and some for the sake of third party apps like changing themes, jailbreaking unlocks full capabilities of iphone

Thanks for your views Shashank. I am already in love with the iPhone ! :p

Went to croma twice to check it out last week, but was with friend's, so couldn't play around a lot.

I know about the next Os 3.0 update on June 8,

But you think that Apple will launch the new phone in India at the same time and a similar price ? Doubtful :hap5:

Edit: Is the difference between the iPhone and the iPod touch only the phone part ? I mean iPod = iPhone - phone ? Or is there more to it ?

rajshah said:
Thanks for your views Shashank. I am already in love with the iPhone ! :p
Went to croma twice to check it out last week, but was with friend's, so couldn't play around a lot.
I know about the next Os 3.0 update on June 8,
But you think that Apple will launch the new phone in India at the same time and a similar price ? Doubtful :hap5:

Waiting for the new iphone sounds like a good idea, since it's rumoured to have a multicore processor, a 3.2mp cam and a few other upgrades, pricing would be similar I guess but you'd have to wait for it to be unlocked or jailbroken if you need to install ahem software or other 3rd party software(though with most features now available in OS 3, I doubt you'd need to jailbreak) ... infact I read somewhere that they could also drop prices on the current 3G and still keep it in production.

rajshah said:
Edit: Is the difference between the iPhone and the iPod touch only the phone part ? I mean iPod = iPhone - phone ? Or is there more to it ?

iPod misses out on gps and camera, also it has a different bluetooth chip to the iphones and hence iBluetooth(used to transfer files through bluetooth) doesnt work on ipod touch yet(there's project Loosetooth in the works afaik) ... on the plus side the processor inside the ipod runs at a higher clock speed than that on the iphone.

thexfactor said:
Waiting for the new iphone sounds like a good idea, since it's rumoured to have a multicore processor, a 3.2mp cam and a few other upgrades, pricing would be similar I guess but you'd have to wait for it to be unlocked or jailbroken if you need to install ahem software or other 3rd party software(though with most features now available in OS 3, I doubt you'd need to jailbreak) ... infact I read somewhere that they could also drop prices on the current 3G and still keep it in production.

iPod misses out on gps and camera, also it has a different bluetooth chip to the iphones and hence iBluetooth(used to transfer files through bluetooth) doesnt work on ipod touch yet(there's project Loosetooth in the works afaik) ... on the plus side the processor inside the ipod runs at a higher clock speed than that on the iphone.

Thanks. I might wait for the new release. But if I get one right now for a good price, it will be mighty hard to resist ! I fear the want might die if I wait it out too much ! :p

^Havn't come across any reports of instability with 2.2.1 Jailbreak on 2G, you should go ahead with it.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back