The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thexfactor said:
software - NO , hardware(sim based) - YES

You mean Turbosim / Rebelsim ?

Do they work well ? I have read about people having to yank out the sim every now and again to get it to detect the network ?

There's also news on rebelsim's website that the issue has been fixed, but mixed reactions.

I know a person selling off his iPhone with the above specs cause there are issues with Turbosim.

He's giving me a pretty good deal for a month old phone.

Just wondering whether or not I just take the risk !

Edit :

The wait's finally over ! Getting a 16gig 3G today ! :)

How do I transfer contacts and calendar appointments from my HTC Touch ?

Would it be better to sync the Touch with my PC (Outlook) first and then sync the iPhone with it ?

Or is there another easy / better way ?

Edit 2: woW ! Is this thread dead or what ?

Finally got the iPhone 3g 16gb. The friend who got it for me has Jailbroken it.

A few queries:

I have,

Os 2.2

Baseband / modem - 2.30.03

Bootloader - 5.09

I obviously can't unlock because of the Bootloader.

But there's OS 2.2.1 available in iTunes.

Can I upgrade to that ?

Can I also retain my baseband to 2.30 while upgrading or will it get upgraded too ?

Thanks.

Hii friends, my bro is getting me an iPhone 3G for some 199$ from US....I was wondering will it be easy to jailbreak and unlock it to use with my airtel SIM..

guys i was thinking abt buying the iphone 3G but had to settle for the 2G version from a fellow TE member due to budget issues....

1)anyways i need to know the list of DOS and DONTS that i shud follow for an unlocked iPhone 2G for a newbie like myself

2) suggest me the list of free apps and games for the iphone and their links so that i can download them to my PC and then install later.

3)how safe is it to register for a free account in iTunes, since i feel extremely unsafe in giving my credit card number there........because i may accidentally download an app thats not free and might not even know that i was charged for it...

4) now this question...i almost freaked out when i saw this post http://www.techenclave.com/1069181-post376.html....is it true that the normal (Airtel) Mobile Office GPRS that i use in my Nokia mobile wont work for the iPhone 2G? plz explain...otherwise my purchase of the iphone 2G is totally useless... :(

5)can someone share the links for downloading the following apps..especially the ones in bold:

Summerboard - Lets you customize your iPhone with themes.

Customize - Let's your further customize your iPhone with various things.

Apollo - MSN/AIM for the iPhone, there is also MobileChat as an alternative

BossPrefs - Let's your turn off Edge/Wireless, etc in one application

EvolutionRGB - A fun game, it's a port of the game "Sand"

PocketGuitar - Guitar for the iPhone

Tris - Tetris for the iPhone

Sketches - Lets you draw/sketch things.

Pianist - Piano for the iPhone

Converter - Lets your convert units on the iPhone.

NES - Play NES games on your iPhone

weDict - Dictionary for the iPhone, you install this and then download the dictionaries

MxTube - Lets you download YouTube videos.

my rebel sim arrived...working with 2.2.1 am happy with it..one note if you go in a no signal area you have to reboot the phone to get signal back

titana said:
my rebel sim arrived...working with 2.2.1 am happy with it..one note if you go in a no signal area you have to reboot the phone to get signal back

Also, if you are in fast motion (riding / driving), you might / will lose signal !

well it did lose signal once driving at 60-70kmph speed...

before that i made calls and received calls and communication went smooth..was a 1 hour drive...

for some reason data roaming sets to off on itself after reboot

titana said:
well it did lose signal once driving at 60-70kmph speed...
before that i made calls and received calls and communication went smooth..was a 1 hour drive...

for some reason data roaming sets to off on itself after reboot

Same here. It's a PITA restarting all the time !

Finally i purchased iPhone 3G from Airtel Store....now i have a doubt, wat is this 500 MB free per month plan? is it airtel live?? or shud i ask them to activate internet and not "airtel live"....coz i called customer care and told them that i want airtel live settings, which they are not able to send, so they asked me to dial 12138 for manual setting, and when i dial this no. it says "this is not a valid no."....How shud i get my net running??

from where to get an iskin for iphone 2g..

is this a good one?

http://cgi.ebay.in/Skins-For-Apple-Iphone-2g-3g-High-Quality-Secure_W0QQitemZ160336931054QQcmdZViewItemQQptZIN_Mobile_Accessories?hash=item2554d368ee&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A2|294%3A200

Ok i have been receiving lot of pms for rebel sim....

one can buy from ebay or the official reseller listed for india on the rebelsim site..i got from official reseller and was not happy with no communication from their end after making payment..it arrived in 10 days and i was not given tracking no. either ..will suggest ebay with one of those coupons

i get my rebel sim its working fine with my vodafone and airtel sim but there is issue with bsnl sims.Wi-Fi is working gr8 no signal drop i brought from ebay but deal outside from ebay and get my rebel in 2 days only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back