The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it loses signal particularly when on bike....in car someow it does lose signal but not that frequent...what version of rebel sim was sent to you..i do not know what version i am using

wat things shud b looked for bfor buyin a 2nd hand iphone?????

is der anything that can go wrong in terms of workin of the phone...for which som1 might sell it....(internal damage)

can any1 tell me som trustworthy shops in Heera Panna, Mumbai

Hi.. i've been out of touch with the iPhone scene.. a friend's unle is returning from the US next week.. could anyone suggest what iPhone i could get? (2G 3G 3Gs whatever) (wont be using net a lot on it) am looking for something not expensive and one that is usable and unlockable(if locked):) whats the current market rate for 2g/3g/8/16/32(?)gb and where could he get it from?

TIA!!

Unfortunately you cannot get any brand-new, unlockable iPhone from the US. 2Gs have been out of production since a long time. The second-gen 3Gs available in stores are not software-unlockable at the moment. And the latest one (3GS) is quite expensive if bought without contract (and also not unlockable obviously).

Your best bet will be to ask your uncle to inquire about a contract-free iPhone 3G (should be ~$499 + taxes) , use a hardware sim-unlock in India and wait for the dev-team to release the software unlock.

^^ Dev-team was on the way to software unlock of iPhone 3G.. now Apple released 3GS, so dev-team must have loosed the concentration over the project YellowSn0w.. They'll look for unlocking iPhone 3GS as people loved it's features.. and would like to buy that only :)

:eek: :( not willing to shell out $500+ on something that isnt even totally unlocked :(

Thanks for the info though Pat :(

@Rahulrulez: AFAIK, that is never the case with dev-team. Even when the 3GS is out, there will be software unlocks (if at all possible) for both 3G as well as 3GS :)

Vince said:
:eek: :( not willing to shell out $500+ on something that isnt even totally unlocked :(

Thanks for the info though Pat :(

That would be a wise decision. There are chances that we might see a price drop on the 3G model in India once we get the 3GS. But nothing is confirmed yet.

Awesome news for us 3g owners ! :)

Big week!

As anyone reading this blog must already know, this is the big week where Apple releases their official 3.0 FW to the public (Wednesday), and then the new iPhone2,1 hardware, aka the iPhone 3GS (Friday).

On Tuesday evening (just before the big Apple release) we’ll do a live demo of the yellowsn0w carrier unlock working on official 3.0 firmware. The actual link for the feed will be twittered by @MuscleNerd (see our twitter feeds to the right) and also placed here when the feed starts. The demo should answer everything you need to know about the new yellowsn0w. But it’s good news for iPhone 3G unlockers everywhere.

Meanwhile, we’re in the middle of testing our PwnageTool and QuickPwn tools, which will work with iTunes 8.2. The jailbreak of course continues to work on 3.0 for all devices it ever worked on, thanks due the Pwnage 2.0 atechnique released last summer. Our tools will be released no sooner than the Apple release (just in case!).

P.S. For the new iPhone 3GS, please don’t expect periodic updates about any progress we have or don’t have. Nothing gives Apple the upper hand like someone tweeting or blogging partial hack results. That’s not how cat & mouse is played :) That’s how the cat gets fed.

Source: Dev-Team Blog

thexfactor said:
will be onto 3 as soon as the mobileinstallation patch is released

LoL!!! What if there is not going to be a MI patch for a long long time ? :p

Update: The new yellowSnow unlock will supposedly work on all phones irrespective of the bootloader/baseband! No more rebelsims/turborims/crapsims :D

what is the best way to procure an iphone - i have relatives in the US and I needed advice on the best way to buy them and get them to India...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back