Status
Not open for further replies.

thexfactor

Insanely Awesome!!
Skilled
Mar 31, 2006
And Finally ...

Ultrasn0w for iPhone 3G is ready!
Ensure you have upgraded to iPhone OS 3.0 and jailbroken your 3G with PwnageTool or redsn0w
Please add the repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com to cydia or icy
Search for ‘ultrasn0w’ in cydia or icy and install ultrasn0w
Reboot your iPhone 3G
T-Mobile USA users should disable 3G before using ultrasn0w
Enjoy

Dev-Team Blog

Pat

Skilled
Oct 11, 2007
Mumbai
www.inspeero.com
^^Yay! I have two iPhones with me in office. One is unlocked 2G with Edge Service. One is 3G which is locked. Would tethering from 2G using PDANet and using it on 3G work ? Dont wanna wait till I get back home :D

thexfactor

Insanely Awesome!!
Skilled
Mar 31, 2006
^ I dunno yaar ... never tried it :)

you could check for any wifi hotspots around you :huh:

rajshah

Skilled
Jun 15, 2006
Mumbai
One simple query...

I install OS3.0

I redsnOw.

I install ultrasnOw from cydia.

Should I have my sim inserted through the entire process ??

Pat

Skilled
Oct 11, 2007
Mumbai
www.inspeero.com
thexfactor said:
^ I dunno yaar ... never tried it :)

you could check for any wifi hotspots around you :huh:

LoL! It was kinda stupid as I just realized you cannot HOST a wifi network on your iPhone, which is a must for tethering.

Pat

Skilled
Oct 11, 2007
Mumbai
www.inspeero.com
rajshah said:
One simple query...

I install OS3.0

I redsnOw.

I install ultrasnOw from cydia.

Should I have my sim inserted through the entire process ??

Doesnt matter. I normally remove the sim until its done completely.

thexfactor

Insanely Awesome!!
Skilled
Mar 31, 2006
Yes. You could have the sim inserted through the entire process, after you install ultrasn0w you'd have to restart the phone ... if you still dont get any network you could try switching to in-flight mode and back a few times .
PS I havn't tried ultrasn0w yet but talking from my experience with yellowsn0w

rajshah

Skilled
Jun 15, 2006
Mumbai
Pat said:
Doesnt matter. I normally remove the sim until its done completely.

thexfactor said:
Yes. You could have the sim inserted through the entire process, after you install ultrasn0w you'd have to restart the phone ... if you still dont get any network you could try switching to in-flight mode and back a few times .
PS I havn't tried ultrasn0w yet but talking from my experience with yellowsn0w

Ok. Thanks guys. Will update and post back.

gizzfreak

Disciple
May 6, 2008
Guys here's the problem,,,, am using iPhone 3G from Airtel which I just got updated to OS 3.0. Sim is prepaid and the Airtel Mobile Office per week plan is a bit expensive for me. I don't want to jailbreak the phone as I like the itunes Store and lose everything I installed. The only thing I want is using Vodafone prepaid SIM on this Airtel iPhone 3G with OS 3.0 Is there anyway of unlocking the phone for Vodafone SIM. Help please....

thexfactor

Insanely Awesome!!
Skilled
Mar 31, 2006
You can go ahead and jailbreak, you wont be losing anything and itunes store would still work.

gizzfreak

Disciple
May 6, 2008
redsnOw stopped responding while jailbreaking... the iPhone's screen shows Downloading Jailbreak Data... am on Windows 7 ... any idea guyz

gizzfreak

Disciple
May 6, 2008
Phew... finally got it jailbroken and installed ultrasn)w from Cydia.. But this Airtel Locked iPhone 3G could not be unlocked.. I put in my personal Vodafone prepaid SIM, it still tells me invalid SIM. Switched from Airplane mode off to on couple of times. still staying Invalid SIM... don't really know what to do...

gizzfreak

Disciple
May 6, 2008
Latest Updates Guys... I put on the original Airtel Prepaid SIM...it works as it used to.. then switched off the iPhone 3G and put Vodafone SIM... voila... I got it right this time... Kudos to iPhone DEV Team... No regrets so far guyz.. just want to share

neostan

Disciple
Oct 18, 2006
B'Lore / Chennai
Hw many of u guys have moved to OS3.0 and unlocked using Ultrasn0w..I c gizzfreak had done congrats bro :)...I would be jail breaking and unlocking mine tommr..

gizzfreak

Disciple
May 6, 2008
one more thing guyz... now iTunes says I need to install and update the carrier setting and install it on the phone as soon as possible. So far I keep on hitting cancel. What if I install,,, will this lock the phone? Help plzz

rajshah

Skilled
Jun 15, 2006
Mumbai
gizzfreak said:
one more thing guyz... now iTunes says I need to install and update the carrier setting and install it on the phone as soon as possible. So far I keep on hitting cancel. What if I install,,, will this lock the phone? Help plzz

It won't lock your phone. Its mostly an update for carrier mms settings. A lot of guys on official vodafone iphones got it after their 3.0 update.

Edit: I finished ultrasn0wing an hour back ! Have never had a better tuesday ! No more rebels(im) ! :)

thexfactor

Insanely Awesome!!
Skilled
Mar 31, 2006
Have you guys noticed a drop in battery life after upgrading to 3 ??

gizzfreak said:

It contains the updates to enable tethering and mms settings for the carriers, it wont lock your phone.

btw sorry I couldnt help you earlier coz the power went off just when I was typing the reply :(

Status
Not open for further replies.