The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
no problem thexfactor,,, thanks for info on jailbreaking. Thought it would disable the iTunes Store n all ya kno... really appreciate that

am done too...working great..no more pathetic rebel sim

for some reason on switching on 3G it loses signal ..on vodafone and dolphin sims

Could any one who have JB and Unlocked using US tell me wht version of itunes they where using I m trying to use Itunes 8.0 and when I tried to select the firmware using the Shift+restore after sometime I get an error 10?

@neostan: You need to be using iTunes 8.2 It's the only version that recognizes the new 3.0 firmware.

@thexfactor: I've noticed a drop in the battery life after upgrading to 3.0 I'm using a 2G iPhone. Which one are you using?

Thanks Edrill nw downloading the update and lemme post the result and in case if I have any other questions too..While goin the comments in the dev team blog found the battery life is having impact after the 3.0 update

No noticeable drop in battery life after upgrading to 3.0 on my 2G. Not sure about my 3G though. Need to test it over a couple of days.

my 3g phone does not show decrease battery life as yet...but its only a day after v3 update..

anyone using 3g services with the ultra sim unlock..i want to know if it works with 3g so that i can subscribe for 3g service..Carrier vodafone..

^^Hmmm..They are providing Edge services..Just like Airtel..

Btw, Delhi already has 3G via Jaadoo :p (MTNLs network)

Three problems now after OS 3.0 updating, jailbroken and unlocked....

1) Battery is terrible

2) the phone's response is not as smooth as it used to be.

3) Whenever someone's trying to call me, it always say not reachable.

Note : Am using Airtel iPhone 3G and after unlocking, am using Vodafone prepaid SIM

U need to FULL - REBOOT ur phone from time to time in order to say connected with the Mobile service. Can't comment much abt the baseband version in 3.0, but this was (small) issue with 2.28, 2.30 too!!

my 3g battery life seems to be ok...not much difference noticed as yet..but also i spend less time on phone and music for an hour a day...

bennysachdev said:
i have noticed a battery drop on my iphone 2g 3.0. Also network in some areas has gotten worse in mumbai.

was OS 3.0 even meant to be for i-phone 2G ??? I thought it is only 3G hardware compatible:huh:

I wouldn't be surprised if the issues with the 2G iPhone and the 3.0 firmware was just a clever ploy on Apple's part to force all 2G users to upgrade to the 3G/3GS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back