The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Push and Wifi on my battery life is getting screwed on 3.0 I haven't figured out which of the two is the culprit. A fully charged phone that would last 2 days on normal usage lasted under 7 hours after the upgrade. Also when these two are on, the phone slows down considerably.

But the network reception has actually gotten better for me.

@techmaster

Yes .. i am on 3.0 2g since 2 - 3 weeks and it works lika charm !!

@VanishingNerd

y dont u turn it off when not needed ??

i think Wifi uses much battery life than push (depends if ur push is using EDGE or WIFI) as push is just a feature .

after upgrading to 3.0 the problem is occur
1-battery is draining
2-Wi-fi is working slow
3-cydia is crashing
4-application noy working fast and whole phone is slow.

@anu0512

1- ur battery might b draining cause u may hv kept PUSH feature on ?

2- i did not experience slow wifi

3- Cydia crashed a lil but worked fine later

4- apps works same for me ... i have all 9 pages filled on my 2g

tracerbullet said:
Anyone tried the MMS fix on their 2G iPhones? Check this link out over here: iClarified - iPhone - How to Enabled MMS on Your iPhone 2G

Got it installed and everything. Just been too lazy to test it out. MMS is not something I use at all, so not too much motivation!! Haven't created custom carrier settings for Idea. From what I understand, if you don't use a custom carrier bundle, the settings you put in for MMS don't get saved. After installing the MMS fix, I've got the option in Network Settings to put in the MMS settings. I also have the option in the Messaging application to send pictures. Will let you know how it goes after trying it out.

Wanted to know if anyone else is facing a problem that I am :

I have a 2G iPhone. There was a problem earlier where if the screen was displaying something (basically not in sleep mode) and if i'd place it on any hard surface (where there would be a slight jerk on the phone) it'd go off and I'd have to start it again. Once I figured that it was happening only when the screen was displaying something, I started putting it in sleep mode and then placing it down.

Recently theres a new problem thats started ... the phone shuts down completely RANDOMLY. When I start it again, it will show the first screen (slider) and then shut down again. This happens around 5-6 times and then it will start normally but it'll reset the date / time. This happens 3-4 times a day so basically its impossible to use the phone normally.

Problems after updating to 3.0 : The battery even after charging through the night will show only 60% charge .. after restarting the phone it would show 100%.

Even after disabling PUSH, if WiFi is on .. it would download mails (this doesnt matter much but I dont understand if its a FW issue or just something that the phone does when on WiFi).

Some people are saying its a Firmware issue and that I should go back to 2.2.1.

Others are saying its a battery issue.

Anyone else facing anything similar ?

Gr1M said:
Even after disabling PUSH, if WiFi is on .. it would download mails (this doesnt matter much but I dont understand if its a FW issue or just something that the phone does when on WiFi).

Issue ? Isnt that the expected behaviour ? Have you enabled "Fetch" ? or is Mail.app running in background ?

Regarding the main issue, I feel it has to be the battery thats causing all this.

Pat said:
LoL!!! What if there is not going to be a MI patch for a long long time ? :p

Update: The new yellowSnow unlock will supposedly work on all phones irrespective of the bootloader/baseband! No more rebelsims/turborims/crapsims :D

hey..i have an iPhone 2G...got it from the US(AT&T)..
i need al de help.. it's on firmware 1.1.4..no idea how to check de baseband..?
got it unlocked & jailbroken by "ALPHA" at mumbai..
i'm thinking of upgrading it to 3.0..heard it's amazing...
just wanna know how i can do it without messing it up or gettin it locked...?
if it does gets lock, is der a backup plan to get it unlocked..?
most importantly..i wanna keep al my data, mainly contacts, notes etc..?

PLEASE HELP..!!

What is MI?
and what is Rebelsims/turborims/crapsims?

Does anyone know of a reliable store that can repair iPhone 2G in Bangalore?

The silent switch is broken and needs to be replaced.

what sucks here is? i have been genuinely asking a query..but there seems to be nobody who can reply..odd..cause i though this was a forum where people helped out..thx in advance..

varunkunnath said:
hey..i have an iPhone 2G...got it from the US(AT&T)..
i need al de help.. it's on firmware 1.1.4..no idea how to check de baseband..?
got it unlocked & jailbroken by "ALPHA" at mumbai..
i'm thinking of upgrading it to 3.0..heard it's amazing...
just wanna know how i can do it without messing it up or gettin it locked...?
if it does gets lock, is der a backup plan to get it unlocked..?
most importantly..i wanna keep al my data, mainly contacts, notes etc..?

PLEASE HELP..!!

What is MI?
and what is Rebelsims/turborims/crapsims?

Backup ur phone by syncing to the pc/mac.
Head over to blog.iphone-dev.org
Download redsnow for windows.
Google for "iphone firmware download iclarified"
Go to the first link and download the 3.0 firmware for 2g iphone.
Install the firmware thru itunes and then run redsnow and ur done.

my gprs is slow, so i download a few debs off the net, transfer to my iphone to the root var Cydia AutoInstall folder. i tried for SSL and SSO but i cant see any icon for SSo even after respring :(

Also, does anyone know where i can get good debs? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back