The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can just do a shift+Update in iTunes to 3.0 from 2.02 after pwning it using QuickPwn RC3. The unlock and activation still remains. Apparently, if you do a shift+update from 2.2.1, the unlock remains, but the activation also goes off. Using this method, you'll loose the jailbreak. But that should be rectified as soon as the new QuickPwn is out!

Hey gizzfreak and IceFusion is the Jailbreak avail. for the OS 3...I knw the Ultrasn0w is due to release tommr. but wht abt Quickpwn and others are they still avail.

@neostan we might get UltrasnOw tomorrow in all possibility, but it might get delayed as stated on the dev blog. And No quickpwn as of now.. maybe tomorrow too!

I'll be waiting a while before jumping onto 3 since most of the features are available with a jailbreak, plus I dont want to loose iBluetooth ... Spotlight, A2DP and Copy-Paste dont mean much to me, although I'm impressed with the rendering speed of the new safari browser :)

Pat said:
LoL!!! What if there is not going to be a MI patch for a long long time ? :p

I'm sure it wont take much long ;)

i'm in mumbai using airtel.
lemme say this that i upgraded to 3.0 without any hassles.
itunes did everything & its working perfect although its not jailbroken so no cydia.
i was using 2.2.1 which was upgraded using pwnagetool(Mac).

Pat said:
LoL!!! What if there is not going to be a MI patch for a long long time ? :p

thexfactor said:
I'm sure it wont take much long ;)

Like I said, it didn't take long :p ... anyway I was thinking of upgrading (since I dont need ultrasn0w as I'm on the official carrier) but waiting a couple of days to check out any bugs and backward compatibility with the current apps and games :) ... sadly ibluetooth doesn't seem to be working with 3 and there's no eta for the new version :(

^^Yea i tried it on 3.0! Seems to pair up with devices fine, but crashes when you navigate to "Activity" or other tabs.

Guys any idea when Iphone 3GS is "officially" coming to India ?...Got the answer from another thread August...lemme wait till August and get it officially

titana said:
been a long wait for ultra snow here in summer :-(

Same here. But I am pretty sure it will be out this week (possibly as soon as 2 days). You can know more if you follow MuscleNerd and planetbeing on twitter :)

Update: Development is now complete. Only testing/packaging left :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back