The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys already know that I lost my iPhone the other day.

Just so any of you guys don't have to face the same issue ever again, go through this link -

6 Ways to Track and Recover Your Lost/Stolen iPhone - download ihound, download ilocalis, download mobile spy, download mobileme, find iphone, find lost iphone, find lost iphone free, find my iphone, find stolen iphone, ilocalis, iphone, iphone apps

Install atleast one of the apps that lets you track the iPhone if it's ever lost / stolen.

I think iHound seems like the best option.

Let me know how it works. I can install it if I (ever) buy a new iPhone ! *want to badly*

hey all....

d other day my iPhone fell down from my hand......

then suddenly my 80% battery came down to 10%....

even network was full and gone down immediatly.....

n at dat time it was freezing like hell.....

it heated up n nw itz nt even starting.......

i tried chargin n connecting to pc but no use....

any suggestions....

Hi guys...bought an iphone, supposed to be factory unlocked from ebay. The ebay listing was for 16gb and the phone shows 16gb when checked under sesttings. But Itunes shows only *gb ...or actually 6.5 GB...now I have already contacted the seller who is in Delhi and he has told me to send it back. Secondly the IMEI does not match between the sim tray and what it shows on Itunes or in the phone itself...now he tells me it was an airtel phone which was unlocked from airtel and is brand new. Condition is great and it says 16gb on the rear of the phone as well....can someone help?

return it, ask for your money back and spend a bit more and buy an authentic iphone..

i bought 2 from abroad factory unlocked , with bill and everything works flawlessly - if you want one plz pm me.. i could help source you a GENUINE one..

Need Help.... Stuck on iPhone logo..

Here is a situation - iPhone 3G 8GB was unlocked & jailbroken & was on 3.1.3 (have no idea on bootrom etc)

Now person wanted to format the phone so it was restored from settings of iPhone (without connecting to iTunes),

it said it will delete all the data & pressed Ok.

It said, It will take some minutes/hours.. it went on & on.. now stuck with screen below.

rlweon.jpg

Have no idea if it needs to be connected to iTunes & need to use some DFU, Do not have access to Wifi so cant use jailbreakme. ( Its just stuck at

logo so cant even go to any site). Do I need to save any SHSH blob thing ?

Have PC installed with latest iTunes 64 bit. Can someone tell me what to do now ?

^^ Dude, the thing which you have done is erased everything from the phone. You have to connect it to iTunes and restore with the FIRMWARE, and then jailbreak and unlock it! This is happening because, the all the data of the phone has been erased and has nothing to display. There is nothing to panic about. Just restore it through iTunes. About jailbreaking 3.1.3 you can use sn0wbreeze and then install ultrasn0w. But yes you will be needing Wi-Fi to unlock the phone, without which it'll remain jailbroken only! Here are the steps -

To Jailbreak-

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 with Sn0wbreeze | Redmond Pie

To Unlock-

Unlock iPhone 3.1.3 3G/3GS OS with Ultrasn0w 0.92

Here, while you unlock. You will find ultrasn0w 1.01 instead of 0.92. You can install that as it is the latest one!

Also to download the firmware you can use this site -

iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

Make sure you download IPHONE 3G - 3.1.3 software. It will come with a .zip extension .. just change it to .ipsw ! Also while you're restoring the iphone through iTunes, press shift+restore and then browse for the firmware where you've downloaded it !

hope this helps !!

regards,

egoB !

@egobrain.exe

Thanks bro. How to restore it through iTunes ? Any URL please. total noob into this & friend is behind me.

Do I need to take any SHSH blob back up ? Can you tell why do I have to download the firmware ? Anyways It will be restored by iTunes right ?

Okay,

Now, first the restoring. Connect your phone to your computer! and then your computer detects your phone and iTunes will say an iPhone found in DFU mode and needs to be restored. If not in DFU mode, google about how to put an iPhone into DFU mode and then your computer will detect the same. And then when iTunes comes up .. click on iPhone tab and the SHIFT+RESTORE and then browse for the firmware where you've downloaded it. ANd the rest will be done by iTunes.

Firmware needs to be downloaded because that is the OS running your iPhone. Currently your iphone has nothing! You cant take the SHSH blobs cause you wont be needing that and also your iPhone is not working. It comes into play when you go and upgrade it to 4.0 or higher.

An Iphone can only be restored by ITUNES .. nothing else can restore it!

netwitx said:
hello

My cousin is brining Iphone 4.0 from US but its locked to AT&T.. where in NCR I can get it unlocked ?

i too need the answer for this query .. can the ATT iPhone be unlocked here in India and at what cost ?

Thank you egobrain.

If I restore using iTunes only then cant iTunes update the fimware automatically from apple site ?

Is firmware on felixbruns.de custom made & safe to use ? Any idea how to download original firmware from apple site ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Can any kind human being on forum like to receive incoming call from me & guide me through this JB thing.

Too many confusion for new bie.. Please PM me if you can spend 10 mints of your time & guide noob in this.

There comes a pop-up where it asks you that should iTunes update the firmware and install the OS .. dont do that! as it will update your phone to 4.0.2 ...

The firmware on felixbruns is completely safe to use !

YGPM !

rajshah said:
You guys already know that I lost my iPhone the other day.
Just so any of you guys don't have to face the same issue ever again, go through this link -

6 Ways to Track and Recover Your Lost/Stolen iPhone - download ihound, download ilocalis, download mobile spy, download mobileme, find iphone, find lost iphone, find lost iphone free, find my iphone, find stolen iphone, ilocalis, iphone, iphone apps

Install atleast one of the apps that lets you track the iPhone if it's ever lost / stolen.
I think iHound seems like the best option.

Let me know how it works. I can install it if I (ever) buy a new iPhone ! *want to badly*
I tried Cylay and iLocalis from Cydia. Both app work great as advertised. According to me Cylay is better. But the only problem with both these app is that the sim change notification didn't work for me. Other than that everything works fine.
So anyone knows of an app which sends an sms to a pre-defined number when the sim is changed?

dharmilstar said:
I tried Cylay and iLocalis from Cydia. Both app work great as advertised. According to me Cylay is better. But the only problem with both these app is that the sim change notification didn't work for me. Other than that everything works fine.

So anyone knows of an app which sends an sms to a pre-defined number when the sim is changed?
Thanks for trying those apps. Will know more once I get my new iPhone up and running with these apps. Will post back.

Tried iHound ?

rajshah said:
Thanks for trying those apps. Will know more once I get my new iPhone up and running with these apps. Will post back.

Tried iHound ?

haven't tried iHound because it looks inferior in front of the other similar apps. Overall the best app after MobileMe is Cylay. It is for 20$ compared to MobileMe's 99$. You can check out the trial for 15 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back