The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
honest1 said:
You can only upgrade to ios 5.0.1.

Sent from my EVO3D using tapatalk.

I think ios 5.01 is not available for iphone 3G, i had ios 4.2 installed but now i am not able to get my phone working back

maddy_in65 said:
I think ios 5.01 is not available for iphone 3G, i had ios 4.2 installed but now i am not able to get my phone working back

If 5.0.1 is not available then you can upgrade to whatever latest OS version is available for your phone. You have to upgrade only, sadly no other option is available.

Couple of questions related to iPhone (4).

1. How do i install the installable IPA files on my iPhone 4 ?? I have couple of them on my computer now.

2. How do i add pics to my iPhone 4 ?? The itunes software just shows movies / music / TV shows under the library thing.

PS: I have an iPhone 4 on iOS 5.

raksrules said:
Couple of questions related to iPhone (4).

1. How do i install the installable IPA files on my iPhone 4 ?? I have couple of them on my computer now.

2. How do i add pics to my iPhone 4 ?? The itunes software just shows movies / music / TV shows under the library thing.

PS: I have an iPhone 4 on iOS 5.

1-for ipa files you need installous installed.to download installous search hackulous in cydia and download it from there.after it has been installed just double click on the ipa file on your pc/mac,it will then automatically go in your apps folder in itunes and when you sync it,it will automatically get synced in your iphone.

2 - To sync photos from a folder on your hard disk to your device

Drag the images you want into a folder on your computer. If you want images to appear in separate photo albums on your device, create folders inside the main folder and drag images into the new folders.

In iTunes, select the device icon in the Devices list on the left.

Choose "Sync photos from."

Select Choose Folder from the pop-up menu and choose your main image folder.

Click Apply.

raksrules said:

If these are purchased through iTunes then all you need to do is drag them to the phone in iTunes. If not, install AppSync from Cydia and then the same process (drag them to the phone in iTunes).

Anyone here on 5.0.1 Semi Tethered ? Are there any issues ? Thinking to install in mine, currently I am on 4.3.3

How reliable is the iOS 5 (not 5.0.1) Semitether ?

Does it work well with iPhone 4 ??

I have my Phone 4 jailbroken with Redsn0w but it is tethered JB.

avi said:
^thank you !

I downloaded this : iPhone3_1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.zip from this link : http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/041-3309.20111109.64rtg/iPhone3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw

Is this correct ? I have iPhone 4 GSM version. And why it is in .zip ? Earlier they were used to be in ipsw right ?

Currently I am on 4.3.3 JB'ed. And I have factory unlocked device. Now to upgrade, shall I follow this guide ?

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4 Using RedSn0w (Windows) [5.0]

Change .zip to .ipsw

Follow the Redmondpie guide. I'm still on 5.0 though. I read somewhere that one should stay away from 5.0.1 if they want an untethered JB in the future.

Here is the link to that page.

And here are the pages you would need to JB your phone.

Download iOS 5.0.1

Redsn0w

Sn0wbreeze
raksrules said:
How reliable is the iOS 5 (not 5.0.1) Semitether ?

Does it work well with iPhone 4 ??

I have my Phone 4 jailbroken with Redsn0w but it is tethered JB.

Semi Tether (iOS 5.0) is good. You just cant use Cydia or any other JB components until you put it back into a Tethered state. But at least the phone restarts and works properly.

mjumrani said:
Semi Tether (iOS 5.0) is good. You just cant use Cydia or any other JB components until you put it back into a Tethered state. But at least the phone restarts and works properly.

Can you tell me how and where you downloaded it from ? Does it work well when we start the phone and basic functionality works fine ?

I am guessing that the semitether runs as some sort of service in background.

I am having an upcoming trip and won't be having access to my laptop there and hence need semitether.

mjumrani said:
Here is the link you need.

Tell me what all you want me to check and I will check those things.

Just that say you want to restart you phone or say your phone has turned off because of lack of power and then you recharge and start it again, does it start fine without getting stuck at the infinite loop apple logo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back