The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not use Spirit if you care about unlock. And do not upgrade to 3.1.3 just because Spirit jailbreaks it. There is no unlock available currently for 3.1.3.

Hi guys,

So I just got the iphone a couple weeks back, its a 16GB Factory Unlocked running the 3.1.3 firmware, so I Jailbroke it today with Spirit, and now a couple 'icons' are missing one is the 'App store' and the other I cant seem to recall.

I tried googling, but could not find much, any of this happen to you guys wen you JB your older boot rom phones?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jasku said:
Hi guys,

So I just got the iphone a couple weeks back, its a 16GB Factory Unlocked running the 3.1.3 firmware, so I Jailbroke it today with Spirit, and now a couple 'icons' are missing one is the 'App store' and the other I cant seem to recall.

I tried googling, but could not find much, any of this happen to you guys wen you JB your older boot rom phones?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Try a clean install of 3.1.3.
Setup as a new phone. And re-jailbreak.

Guys i've a question.. I want to format my windows partition.. the thing i'm worried is about itunes.. i mean if i format the c drive then i'll lose the data on the itunes right ? (which is not a worry) .. but if i sync my iphone when i connect it back will the data on the iphone will get removed too ? or i'm wrong here? coz i got lot's of music, games and photos on my phone.. which i don't want to be removed from the phone... help please !

^^

[system drive]:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

That's the location where iTunes saves the backups of your iPhone and/or iPod Touch. Just backup this folder and replace it after you reinstall windows :)

tracerbullet said:
^^
[system drive]:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

That's the location where iTunes saves the backups of your iPhone and/or iPod Touch. Just backup this folder and replace it after you reinstall windows :)

Thanks a lot :)

I am thinking of getting a bluetooth headset for iphone for answering calls and for music.. like the moto s9?

Guys please recommend me some..

Another Iphone 3GS user reporting IN.

Running firmware 3.1.3

Jailbroken with Spirit Jailbreak

Using Installous to download free apps for which you would ve to pay in App store...

Hey guys i got a problem here.. the thing is.. i formatted my c drive.. and did take a backup of

"C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes"

but pasted the contents back..

but the thing is the Music library doesnt show the old songs.. and when i try to sync my iphone, it says this... http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/3415/78770560.jpg

I really don't wanna lose my existing collection in my phone.. i added music temperarily via air sharing.. but it doesnt shows up in iPod on my iphone... is there anything i can do?

BlacK RozE said:
Hey guys i got a problem here.. the thing is.. i formatted my c drive.. and did take a backup of

"C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes"

but pasted the contents back..

but the thing is the Music library doesnt show the old songs.. and when i try to sync my iphone, it says this... http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/3415/78770560.jpg
Well, your Music library is empty because you backed up only your iPhone data and not your Music library which is located in My Music > iTunes > iTunes Media.

I suppose you atleast have your original audio/media files so the only option you have right now is to create a fresh library in iTunes and redo all the playlists etc. you need from scratch and then sync it back to the iPhone. It will replace the existing music in your iPhone though.

I really don't wanna lose my existing collection in my phone.. i added music temperarily via air sharing.. but it doesnt shows up in iPod on my iphone... is there anything i can do?
Data added to Air Sharing can be accessed with Air sharing only, atleast in OS 3.0.

awwwww man... this is awful.. what a drawback man.. it was so hard to build a collection man.. shit!! :mad: .. anyways thanks for the quick help..

Guys any idea when it the darned unlock coming for the baseband 5.12.01 and firmware 3.13. I am waiting for it for the past 2 month and if i am not wrong the unlock was to coincide with the iphone 4 launch. Now all that has happened and still no signs of an unlock. The wait is killing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back