The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
torque said:
Guys any idea when it the darned unlock coming for the baseband 5.12.01 and firmware 3.13. I am waiting for it for the past 2 month and if i am not wrong the unlock was to coincide with the iphone 4 launch. Now all that has happened and still no signs of an unlock. The wait is killing.
Will only happen after iPhone4 launches. So nothing before June 24.

I m at Andheri west. Can someone suggest me a place where one would replace the battery and the Home button (I have to press so much harder now) and the ringer on/off button. I have an iPhone3G which I bought in Aug. 2008, locked to Vodafone and completely legal. Haven't tried any jailbreaking stunts. Apart frm these hardware replacements, I have no other issues. Thanks

I want someone whom I can sit with and he should replace stuff in front of me. I m even willing to wait an hr or 2 for these replacements but want them to happen in front of me. I know places tht take the iPhone in and give back next day but m not willing to take a risk with such an expensive device

One of my friend's iphone 3GS went dead all of a sudden . .won't boot up / charge etc. Tried hard reset but didn't work. On connecting it to iTunes on PC ,it said the phone is in recovery mode and needs to be restored. To restore the phone ,it downloaded the 3.1.3 firmware and restored the phone.

Now the phone is locked- shows connect to iTunes logo on start up. Anyway to unlock the phone or is this going to remain a paper weight till a new unlock is out ?

After searching enough through this thread and google, i couldnt find a reliable way to upgrade my 2g Iphone from Os 3.0 to 3.1.2 without losing my contacts. :ashamed: Kindly help me out here.

Updating cause i think im facing the follwing issues which seem to be fixed in 3.1.2
• Resolves intermittent issue that may interrupt cellular network services until restart

• Fixes bug that could cause occasional crash during video streaming

^^Backup your iPhone in iTunes. Upgrade and when you are done, iTunes will allow you to restore from your backup..

Looking to sell an iPhone 3gs 32gb firmware:3.1.3 baseband:5.12.1

price> 25k

[condition brand new]

located in andheri east let me know if interested

do apple service providers repair jailbroken iPhones?? my iPhone won't turn on after it got slightly wet in the rain. The iPhone was bought in the US last year in September , will i be able to get it fixed under warranty?? please shed some light in this....

I have this friend's 3GS 3.1.3 new boom rom model which is locked - and shows connect to iTunes. Now that iOS 4 has released I was wondering if a proper unlock for 3.1.3 is out as well ? Can any guide me with the same please ?Can't figure out anything on google. -One site even asked me to pay 30$ to download software :rofl: .

Also can I upgrade the 3GS to iOS 4.0 and then unlock + jailbreak it ?

^^Wait for few days mate! Dev-team is going to announce their jailbreaking/unlocking solution for 4.0 soon!!

Oh man now its 3G 4.0+jailbroken+unlocked. Wow what a work by Dev team. Now its even more faster with this update. What a device this is. Superb.

Still of no use to me :( . Are the new bootrom 3GS permanently bricked or something ? Who's releasing its unlock ?

iPhone 3GS

Summary:

Currently, PwnageTool only works on previously jailbroken 3GS devices with the old bootrom.

* If you have a Jailbroken iPhone 3GS with the OLD BOOTROM and you DID NOT use Spirit to jailbreak then you can create the ipsw with PwnageTool 4.0 and restore with your jailbroken recovery mode.

* If you have an iPhone 3GS with the NEW BOOTROM this is NOT supported by PwnageTool 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back