The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB'ed my 4s Yesterday. Failed on last step but Cydia icon appears.
Using it since, no issues except downloading some packages fails.

guys, can anyone tell me how much will be a fair price for this?
iphone 4s 32gb unlocked. Like new, a little use mark on bezel only.

Well cloud may be some where around 29k-32k if you get it cheap go for it, well you mentioned its unlocked factory or ?

JB'ed my 4s Yesterday. Failed on last step but Cydia icon appears.
Using it since, no issues except downloading some packages fails.

When you say failed did you get failed error message in the absinthe GUI? Of so could you please tell us what it is?

Yes a message appeared on Absinthe that the JB could not finish & its aborting. I disconnected the phone & restarted it with Net connection, Cydia appeared & started upgrading packages. Only some pakages like Ztodd, did not upgrade, giving error. Apart from this phone & functions are working fine.

Already added Hackulo & installed a few apps through installous. Apps are working fine. So I did not tinker with re-JB'ing or change any settings. Hope things continue to work fine...

guys, can anyone tell me how much will be a fair price for this?
iphone 4s 32gb unlocked. Like new, a little use mark on bezel only.
32-33K I guess.

Only some pakages like Ztodd, did not upgrade, giving error. Apart from this phone & functions are working fine.
It's because their servers are getting hammered due to lots of traffic after new JB. This is usual, just wait for a day or two, it will be fine :p

Did you try restarting the phone to ensure whether it's a untether ? If not, pls do.

Yeah I re-started the phone a couple of times & its working fine till now. Touchwood! How to find if its tethered or un-th..?

It's because their servers are getting hammered due to lots of traffic after new JB. This is usual, just wait for a day or two, it will be fine

Yesservers must be over-loaded! Already installed a couple of apps through Cydia, working fine. Guess Mobile substrate is also not creating any problems.

teche in Cydia look for an installed packages under Manage for "Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untethered" if its checked then your device is JB...What distro told is a much more simpler and easy way to figure it out...

I gave a request to ATT for my iPhone 4 unlock about a month back. They gave me a waiting period for 12 days and they took my email. After fifteen days of not receiving a mail from ATT I called them up again with the case number but they told me that the case number would not help as they themselves would not know of any status and they told me to wait for a email as sometimes it can take more then 15 days for the case to be closed. I almost gave up that day and decided that I have been using my iPhone with Gevey with no problems at all so I should forget about the unlock.

Couple of hours back I decided to upgrade my firmware and Jailbreak it as the latest firmware Jailbreak is just out (5.1.1). I downloaded the latest firmware. Cooked a custom firmware by the help of redsn0w and updated my iPhone keeping my baseband at 2.10.4(Textbook stuff after 2 years of using iPhone). To my surprise when the iPhone booted iTunes told me that my iPhone has been unlocked. I took out the ATT sim and put in my Indian Carrier sim (Vodafone) without the Gevey sim interposer and woola the Carrier name just showed up. Really really happy with the surprise.

Moral of the story, do send in a unlock request and get a case number. Then after 15 days or so do perform a firmware flash/update with the help of a custom firmware keeping your baseband safe. You never know when you might get lucky. As for me I have packed my Gevey and hopefully I wont need any future service of it. Got myself a factory unlocked iPhone :D.

^^ Also update your baseband. ATM since your BB doesn't matches your firmware the signal will be shown as only one bar.

Either update bb or install untrasnow.
I will recommend the former as ultrasnow will be additional daemon running on your i4

^^ Also update your baseband. ATM since your BB doesn't matches your firmware the signal will be shown as only one bar.

Either update bb or install untrasnow.
I will recommend the former as ultrasnow will be additional daemon running on your i4

I too have to do that. Have not yet updated the baseband (still 1.59.00) and iOS 5.0 but phone is factory unlocked and yes i get only 1 bar in untethered mode (since i have tethered JB).
May be i shall do it this weekend.
Can anyone tell me what precautions i should take before i update the software on my phone ? I do not want to risk loosing anything on the phone, contacts, pics, videos, apps (freely downloaded from appstore as well as the ones downloaded using Installous).
Just doing a backup -> update software to 5.1.1. -> Jailbreak using this new Abestine thing -> restore from latest backup...this will work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back