The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Official Price Announced !!

damn ! according to this- 5800 xpressmusic is scheduled to be available by 2009 jan !

ah i don't freakin care when it launches. if the price is below 20k, i'll buy it even if its in december 2009!!!!! the phone is just too good and waiting any amount of time should be no prob!

nikeel said:
I am really confused now.

I have been waiting since August to buy a new phone. When the N79 was announced I thought lets wait for 2 months to get the N79. By the time N79 was available the 5800 was announced with a scheduled November launch, so I waited for a further 1 month. Now waiting for further 2 months is frustrating.

Am considering whether to get the N79 now. :(

the patience will pay off :) i've been waiting since a year for a "perfect" phone for my needs...consider this...this phone will serve all ur needs , portable media player , entertainment , work , games , movies on the move - everything !.......imagine u getting the n79 and looking at people with the 5800 after a month or so....:bleh:

hanzy said:
imagine u getting the n79 and looking at people with the 5800 after a month or so....:bleh:

That's the only thing whats making me think twice about buying the N79 today :p

Nokia 5800 is expect to launch in January 2009 with a MRP tag of Rs. 21,900/= (approx.).

This is what i got in reply to the querry I had put up in a store near my office in Dadar. A place named Anitel

Indiatimes is qouting the same.

I seriously hope that Nokia doesnt price it at this price.

I believe 20k is a pyschological barrier which Nokia should not cross.

I had almost bought a P320 a couple of weeks back.

My current phone does an auto-restart all the time.

Hope it is able to survive till 5800 comes out.

I will wait for the phone for sure. And i believe it will be in the 19-20k range in stores like The MobileStore etc. As hanzy just said , this phone is the phone which is nearly perfect, has everything we need , and the price is good.

I used to buy expensive phones in the past. Now a days I dont. Whats the point as the price of the phone drops to close to half in two months time. I would better wait for sometime and buy the phone when the price reduces. No point in spending so much money on phones. ITS MY OPINION.

nikeel said:
That's the only thing whats making me think twice about buying the N79 today :p

heheh pls dont :)

PhOeNiX said:
I will wait for the phone for sure. And i believe it will be in the 19-20k range in stores like The MobileStore etc. As hanzy just said , this phone is the phone which is nearly perfect, has everything we need , and the price is good.

thanks for agreeing , i mean i love symbian and i would choose it over WM too......and symbian with touch is :drool2: ....and music and videos.....i wanted to buy a Ipod video just to watch videos on the move , but now....none i dont need to......

girish78 said:
I used to buy expensive phones in the past. Now a days I dont. Whats the point as the price of the phone drops to close to half in two months time. I would better wait for sometime and buy the phone when the price reduces. No point in spending so much money on phones. ITS MY OPINION.

i agree....but the situation here with folks like us is very different....many of us are already with the EOL cycles of their phones......i read someone on a 1100 and me personally surviving on a 3510 ......for peeps like us getting a *new* standby phone right now waiting for the prices to drop and then buying the 5800 and letting go of the standby phone in exchange will infact work out to be more costlier ....so for me atleast it really doesnt matter......im not going to wait for a price drop for sure......been drooling , am drooling and will continue to....i dont wanna be stuck with the standby phone that i would get and keep on :drool2: over 5800's i see others have :tongue: :tongue: just my opinion....and im sure this is the same case with most of the people confirmed in those 10 , 5800 buyers list currently......however i totally agree to the pt. u mentioned as its very true....

nikeel said:
I have finally decided to wait as well :hap2:
waaah :hap2:

hanzy said:
ok lets continue the countining...
@phoenix : 10 pieces sure till now...try getting the phone asap re...

people wanting to be added to this list or missed from the list pls inform aspa............

I would be interested too… depends on how much GD (Group Discount) we get… :bleh:
It’s time I move on from my N6630 released back in 2003…

hanzy said:
i agree....but the situation here with folks like us is very different....many of us are already with the EOL cycles of their phones......i read someone on a 1100 and me personally surviving on a 3510 ......for peeps like us getting a *new* standby phone right now waiting for the prices to drop and then buying the 5800 and letting go of the standby phone in exchange will infact work out to be more costlier ...

waaah :hap2:

That makes me feel much better. If you can survive on a 3510 and if somebody can survive on a 1100, then I can definitely survive on a N70.

In fact that makes me feel guilty for being frustrated with my N70 :eek:hyeah:

nikeel said:
That makes me feel much better. If you can survive on a 3510 and if somebody can survive on a 1100, then I can definitely survive on a N70.

In fact that makes me feel guilty for being frustrated with my N70 :eek:hyeah:

:lol: :lol: My N72 died on me last december, ever since I have been waiting and waiting for something just like this in the price band and hence now is the time.........ever since i fell back on my 2002 Nokia 3510 which is still goin gr8 guns.......

btw [OT] my 3510 is very different , I have taken it to 2-3 shops for some minor repairs....once for a mic replacement and once for servicing and once for keypad servicing.....something that had to be noted is that all the repair wallas offered me a hefty price (almost double its resale value).....its a 'Made in Germany' piece with a 'weird' kinda internal architectured pcb with small heatsinks and metal covers on pcb's. :S [/OT]

back to the topic...........5800 where are though!

GenetiCDisasteR said:
January 2009 or January 2010, i'll still be waiting! cus this is THE BEST DAMN PHONE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I wouldn't call it the best phone ever. Its true its value for money, but that doesn't make it the best phone. Patronizing any product too much is always an unwise thing, be it iPhone or the Nokia 5800. :)

Anyway, I will definitely getting Nokia 5800 one for my sister and see how it fits my needs and get another one if its good. Otherwise its mostly Samsung Omnia for me.

Lord Nemesis said:
Well, I wouldn't call it the best phone ever. Its true its value for money, but that doesn't make it the best phone. Patronizing any product too much is always an unwise thing, be it iPhone or the Nokia 5800. :)
Cant agree more..:)

Lord Nemesis said:

Anyway, I will definitely getting Nokia 5800 one for my sister and see how it fits my needs and get another one if its good. Otherwise its mostly Samsung Omnia for me.

well umm... Best Mid-range phone ever? :p

yeah its not the best ever actually, but still one of the really, Really good phones available in the market right now would be this one!

hey all i am planing to order this phone from yesasia.com where they are giving free shipping and it comes to around 25 k .. what ya guys thing .. worth it .. as i can take the waiting time.. any longer !!!

well if you cannot wait then i guess you could go with it. i'm honestly fine with the waiting... i've been waiting for a year now to replace my 6630, a couple more months would make no difference i guess.

I will be waiting for the phone to come here in the market. Don't care if its in a week or a month. This phone is mine , muhahahahahahahahaha

There were talks of some GO being started for this phone.

Anybody out here who can pull some strings and get this phone faster.

My 2001 Motorola C350 is giving me weird signals of dyeing before I can get a new phone

Back