The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Official Price Announced !!

^^

u wish. i agree 5800 is very darn good. Not a iphone killer.period.

Exams / CAT in 2 weeks. So will be getting in Nov End or Jan beginning only.:p

good fone.. nice price... nokia has messed up with its marketing stratagy... as many ppl will prefer 5800 which is sort of better then some fones like n79,n82,e66,e71...

vinay_0007 said:
good fone.. nice price... nokia has messed up with its marketing stratagy... as many ppl will prefer 5800 which is sort of better then some fones like n79,n82,e66,e71...

Like i care :clap:

Nokia will start shipping to india starting around 23rd november i guess. So you can expect it to be in stock by Nov End or Dec start.

vinay_0007 said:

5800 better than N82 ????? :S
can u tell me in what way plz

vinay_0007 said:

And instead of rolling out the new touch-specific S60 Fifth Edition on a flagship N-series phone, Nokia has decided to position the 5800 as a music phone for the kiddies, packaging it with their all-you-can-eat (and keep) Comes With Music service. This choice is probably a brilliant one, because after our quick demo, this thing needs a bit more time in the oven before it can stand with the big guys for a touchscreen-only device.

Source : Gizmodo

PhOeNiX said:
Nokia will start shipping to india starting around 23rd november i guess. So you can expect it to be in stock by Nov End or Dec start.
Shit man....From November now its December 1st week.
:( :( :(

IceFusion said:
Alrighty..... this is an important news to all u 5800 fans so made a new thread about it...

I went to the Nokia Global summit meet today... and in the press con the price and annoucment date of the 5800 Xpressmusic for India were revealed by the CountryHead of Nokia...

So.......

Congrats to all the fans..... the Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic will be price around 20k INR:hap2:

It would be launched at the End of November and would be available in the markets from the 1st week of December most probably....:)

Hope this makes many people happy !

How come the press has not reported this anywhere? :huh:

nikeel said:
How come the press has not reported this anywhere? :huh:

cause it wasnt the annoucnemnt for the 5800...
A question was put up by a journalist regarding the 5800 and the country head replied with the approx price to be 20k....

@ phoenix - heh.... ty

P.S >> I am a journalist working with PCQuest and Living DIgital Magazines :)

This is getting to be a big tease from Nokia.. ain't it? Reviews everywhere along with price announcements & date speculation but where is the damn phone?

Anyways, not tired of reading more about it... yet:bleh: . Do we have anyone on this forum who has had a chance to use it in person (perhaps at the symbian smartphone show)? I'd believe a TE review a lot more than others.

just waitting for the real pricing else if it is for like 30 k then .....:( dissapointment . i went to alfa one of biggest shop for mobiles in mumbai and they said the pricr shoulkd be around 30 k

Back