The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Official Price Announced !!

tracerbullet said:
^^Or the Tube since we're at it. I assure you the Tube won't survive being runover by a truck (like a certain TE member's iPhone did). Heck, I doubt the plastic piece of contraption will even survive a fall.

Yeah Yeah !, we all know how every component of the iPhone (including the screen) is made out of the strongest metals that would withstand even a nuclear explosion and that we cannot break it even if we pound it with a rock or run a truck over it. The only way i saw a iPhone (screen) crack was when a colleague at office was carrying it on his belt that too in a pouch. :rofl:

Touch screen phones and especially the ones with large screens, no matter what brand are always delicate. Be it Omnia, X1, 5800 XPressMusic, iPhone or whatever they are delicate due to the screen which can crack quite easily. It does not matter whether the screen is reinforced with aluminum, steel or titanium on the other side, it is still glass which can get damaged quite easily.

As for the regular phones, Nokia has been been legendary for their phone exterior build quality and I guess there would hardly be a few people who will deny that. The 3310 and its variants was what started this trend. The 3310 was a phone originally intended to be used by ladies. After extensive research, Nokia had found that ladies quite often dropped their phones from their purses or handbags while trying to take things out from the same. So they made a phone which can withstand such shocks without getting damaged. Its mere chance that this model got incredible acceptance among both men and women in our country due to the attractive price tag at the time. Nokia then designed many models released after that point to be as rugged as the 3310. btw, I had the 3310 long back and the phone had once slipped from my hands while talking and fell down from the second floor of my hostel building. But not a thing happened and it worked like a charm.

However touchscreen phones like iPhone or Nokia 5800 cannot and should not be expected to be as rugged. They are all delicate whatever the brand.

Bashing the Iphone has become so redundant, let it go shall we?

at a 5800 thread lets keep it Nokia, no ?

P.S- i feel it should be applied to all random threads not on the iphone, if u want a comparison make one

and IMO!

tracerbullet said:
^^Or the Tube since we're at it. I assure you the Tube won't survive being runover by a truck (like a certain TE member's iPhone did). Heck, I doubt the plastic piece of contraption will even survive a fall.

I hope you know that the screen was all gone, and maybe he was able to accept calls but it was not usable and he had to look/buy another iphone......

@tracer.
You have an amusing definition of the word "survive".

If you arent ready to accept that those phones are durable then fine..i guess we hav a lot of people here to vouch for that, so no point in even having a debate on this.

Secondly, I can feel the insecurity in you..your precious iphoone is a few weeks from getting pwnd big time.. :eek:hyeah:

Checkd at the Mobile Store here. They said the 5800 is becoming the most demanded fone before its launch. They dont have a price yet , but they said it will be available in Nokia Priority shops and in their stores by around December 1st week.

has anyone registered on the nokia site for an email update for when the 5800 will be on sale.

I did that once earlier but never got any mail from nokia for that particular launch. hope they send it across this time.

waiting eagerly for this one.

Party Monger said:
Secondly, I can feel the insecurity in you..your precious iphoone is a few weeks from getting pwnd big time.. :eek:hyeah:
That's all right, I have no issues with my phone getting owned one and a half years after its launch ;)

But the fact that mindless Nokia fanboys (and I really don't need to mention whom) actually get their knickers in knot when an imitation "pwns" the original, after a year and a half mind you, and act techno-evangelical about it really gets my goat.

Also, I don't know what English you've learnt, but in the regular dictionary of English, you could use the word survive to describe a Nokia fanboy who lost his hearing and eyesight but lived to tell the tale after his Tube's battery spontaneously exploded.

tracerbullet said:
But the fact that mindless Nokia fanboys (and I really don't need to mention whom) actually get their knickers in knot when an imitation "pwns" the original, after a year and a half mind you, and act techno-evangelical about it really gets my goat.

LOL by that do you really mean to say and believe that iPhone is a original. For your information touch screen phones existed long before iPhone came info the picture and even Nokia had one long before Apple. iPhone is just another evolution of the touch screen PDA phone which attracted a lot more than needed hype just like this Nokia 5800 seems to be getting now.

tracerbullet said:
you could use the word survive to describe a Nokia fanboy who lost his hearing and eyesight but lived to tell the tale after his Tube's battery spontaneously exploded.

Talking about battery problems, I saw a video of an Apple Mac Book spontaneously burst into flames and even iPhone batteries have been known to have exploded (if you check google). After all all these companies probably get their batteries from the lowest bidder.

But I guess unlike your so called Nokia fanboi, an Apple fan would not even survive to tell the tale, or even if he survives, he would probably use the remaining half of his face to say how the iPhone pwns every other phone because its also a one time use lighter. :rofl:

Lord Nemesis;963585
But I guess unlike your so called Nokia fanboi, an Apple fan would not even survive to tell the tale, or even if he survives, he would probably use the remaining half of his face to say how the iPhone pwns every other phone because its also a one time use lighter. :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl:

maybe some would be already aware but I just saw this on ebay

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Tube - eBay (item 220311514927 end time Nov-17-08 19:00:00 PST)

and this

http://cgi.ebay.com/All-New-Nokia-5800-XpressMusic-GPS-WiFi-Unlocked-3-2MP_W0QQitemZ300273628494QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCell_Phones?hash=item300273628494&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A15|39%3A1|240%3A1318

dont you think its grossly overpriced in buy it now option

Lord Nemesis said:
LOL by that do you really mean to say and believe that iPhone is a original. For your information touch screen phones existed long before iPhone came info the picture and even Nokia had one long before Apple. iPhone is just another evolution of the touch screen PDA phone which attracted a lot more than needed hype just like this Nokia 5800 seems to be getting now.

It's highly reductionist to call the iPhone a touchscreen phone because it is so much more than that. Anyway, I'm not going to bother picking at your post as it'll become and endless quote vs quote argument - and the ground isn't really level with one iPhone user versus so many Nokia fanboys.
My point about the iPhone's build was only to fend it against Supra's (who really has made no meaningful argument since my memory recalls) idiotic catch-catch remark indicating as if the Tube would fare any better.
If it isn't plainly obviously that the iPhone has spawned imitators like the HTC Touch, Samsung's Omnia and Innov8, LG's Viewty (and numerous others) and finally Nokia's 5800, you have either gotten completely deluded in your fanboyism or you're just in plain denial. I'd like to think it's the latter.

tracerbullet said:
If it isn't plainly obviously that the iPhone has spawned imitators like the HTC Touch, Samsung's Omnia and Innov8, LG's Viewty (and numerous others) and finally Nokia's 5800, you have either gotten completely deluded in your fanboyism or you're just in plain denial. I'd like to think it's the latter.

Well, thats the problem with iPhone fans, while its not too bad a phone, you make it sound like its the most perfect thing ever made in existence and give it far more credit than it deserves. There were numerous PDA phones touch screen or otherwise made long before Apple decided to make one.

iPhone is not revolutionary as people like you claim, its just an evolutionary step forward, it has its fair share of problems (some deliberate) along with the merits. It really takes a pretty far fetched imagination to think that other superior phones like Omnia, and X1 are imitations of the iPhone. They are also a step forward in the evolution of PDA phones just like the iPhone, They would still have come into existence with maybe a difference or two even if Apple had never made the iPhone.

If you really want to think every phone with a large touch screen regardless of whether they have higher resolution, better 3G support and over all better specs and functionality to be a rip of or imitation of iPhone, then I would just say that going by the same standards, iPhone is also a rip of PDA touch screen phones based made by companies HTC, SE, Nokia and Motorola. And for people who say that iPhone's multi touch capacitive screen is superior or revolutionary compared the touchscreens in the previous phones, sure the capacitive touchscreen offered better finger touch precision, but it also has its con's. While the resistive touchscreens can be used by touch, a stylus or any other safe object, the capacitive touch screen works well only by touch. Even the UI is not as revolutionary as some make it sound, Its just a toned down version of Mac OS X for gods sake.

No phone made in the last few years can be called revolutionary, they are all just evolutionary products. Give me a phone which can run a full fledged desktop OS to be used as a portable computer or give me a phone which can run multiple mobile OS or give me a phone which can last 1 month on a single charge and I will call it a technological revolution. iPhone is not a technological revolution. I currently consider only two phones available in India to be superior to the iPhone (for my own needs) and they are Omnia and X1 and they too have their fair share of problems along with the merits and iPhone is no different.

As for the Nokia 5800, regardless of the brand, I dislike it when products are given a lot more hype than they deserve and like the iPhone, Nokia 5800 is also being hyped up more than it deserves.

tracerbullet said:
If anything, Nokia spawns more fanboys than fungus on moldy bread wrapped in a polythene bag.

tracerbullet said:
Heck, I doubt the plastic piece of contraption will even survive a fall.

tracerbullet said:
you have either gotten completely deluded in your fanboyism or you're just in plain denial. I'd like to think it's the latter.

tracerbullet said:

Brilliant!!! :thumb:

Shows how much an iphone user is indebted towards a piece of art!

Whatever they say, an iphone is an iphone is an iphone. :cool2:

BTW did you get coached under l33t_5n1p3r_max recently??? :)

My point about the iPhone's build was only to fend it against Supra's (who really has made no meaningful argument since my memory recalls) idiotic catch-catch remark indicating as if the Tube would fare any better.

Thanks for the compliment :D...I dont have to show my credentials to ppl....they are aware of it enough :p

Btw I have nt seen you making any other constructive post/discussion/review/preview on any other thread other than this. If you cant withstand this...get out of this thread and go take a chill pill.

I can get an iphone 2G for less than what I will pay for the 5800 XpressMusic. In facts some peps in office here are ready to sell them for as low as 12k for the 8GB model :p. But still no one buys it who has a little bit of grey cells inside ! Its nt abt bashing one iphone banboi...when there is nothing other banboi's can boast off...of course they wont come here.

Btw Thanks to everybody for making it the most flamable/popular thread on TE :D

so any final update about the phone ??? what will be the final price and release date

Back