The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Official Price Announced !!

its coming.... dont worry.... launch is expected around 22 - 23rd... :)

OT >> XPeria is being launched 2morow :)

IceFusion said:
its coming.... dont worry.... launch is expected around 22 - 23rd... :)

OT >> XPeria is being launched 2morow :)

Gr8 news man..Waiting for it since ages

:clap: :clap:

i read on one of the forums on symbian-freak.com that the price change was there for 5800 from 279 euro to 429 :O damm

anks22402 said:
i read on one of the forums on symbian-freak.com that the price change was there for 5800 from 279 euro to 429 :O damm

Nokia Spain has posted the online pre-order price as 429 Euros !!!

now do i see another sinking ship :( ....if the pre-launch bookings have started at those rates , whats gonna happen here.........

LOL... May be Nokia suddenly wanted to cash in on the more than expected hype they got around this Phone.

This was exactly what I was afraid of happening after seeing that just like the iPhone, there has been a lot more than required hype surrounding this phone. Nokia should realize that they do not have a blind brand fan following like Apple. :p

Anything over 20k and this phone is as good as dead as far as India is concerned. In a market like India, once a price expectation is set, its very difficult sell the phone at a higher price at a later point even if the phone deserves the price hike for some reason. Though there will still be some takers for the phone, 70~80% of the potential market will just refuse to buy the product after an act like this.

Its like Nokia digging their own grave at least as far as this particular model is concerned as it seems that they are heavily banking on the massive (quantity) sale of this phone this holiday season. quantity sale of a product with nominal margins is always better than selling limited units of a product with high margins if they are looking to quickly get back their capital and a decent amount of profits.

Lord Nemesis said:
LOL... May be Nokia suddenly wanted to cash in on the more than expected hype they got around this Phone.

This was exactly what I was afraid of happening after seeing that just like the iPhone, there has been a lot more than required hype surrounding this phone. Nokia should realize that they do not have a blind brand fan following like Apple. :p

Anything over 20k and this phone is as good as dead as far as India is concerned. In a market like India, once a price expectation is set, its very difficult sell the phone at a higher price at a later point even if the phone deserves the price hike for some reason. Though there will still be some takers for the phone, 70~80% of the potential market will just refuse to buy the product after an act like this.

Its like Nokia digging their own grave at least as far as this particular model is concerned as it seems that they are heavily banking on the massive (quantity) sale of this phone this holiday season. quantity sale of a product with nominal margins is always better than selling limited units of a product with high margins if they are looking to quickly get back their capital and a decent amount of profits.

well said :clap: ....i hope nokia research spiders read this :rofl:

well it doesent matter even if they read this.... i knew this was gonna happen before its release.. its just that they wanna cash in on this massive hype.... ive seen this happening in the PC hardware section for a long time now.. if u want the best then u gotta pay the price.. even if after 2 months they will sell it at half the price.. its just bragging rights i guess.. heck i read in some forums that the HTC Touch HD will start at 50Ks here in india.. and i dont think thats impossible.. coz they are selling at around 670 Euros already and that alone comes to 41K and then theres the vendors margin on top which very convinently puts it at around 50K .. well i guess it will only be owned by the elite few..

damm sorry for all the ranting guys... im just upset coz of these ridiculous prices... i really wanted the Touch HD .. but heck i wont sell an arm and a let to get one.. :(

Still guys its touchscreen wont be as good and responsive as the Iphone [non-capacitative screen :S] !!

stop sticking onto that... the iPhone touchscreen has got multi touch.. thats their feature which makes the iPhone stand out.. u cant expect Nokia or any other manufactrer to get that...

How the screen responds is totally diffrent...

the SE Xperia screen is amazing... hell even the Asus P552's screen is amazingly responsive... :)

IceFusion said:
stop sticking onto that... the iPhone touchscreen has got multi touch.. thats their feature which makes the iPhone stand out.. u cant expect Nokia or any other manufactrer to get that...

How the screen responds is totally diffrent...
the SE Xperia screen is amazing... hell even the Asus P552's screen is amazingly responsive... :)

Icefusion are you sure Nokia 5800 Tube will be available in December 1st week for less than 21k?

Lord Nemesis said:
Nokia should realize that they do not have a blind brand fan following like Apple. :p

Not that again. I have people come to me all the time and ask "Hey, I want to buy a Nokia phone, which one should I buy?" I then proceed to ask them what their area of use is going to be. And they're like, errrr "what does area of use mean? Please speak in English. I want a Nokia phone. It should be able to make phone calls."

If anything, Nokia spawns more fanboys than fungus on moldy bread wrapped in a polythene bag.

^thats cause their phones have stood the tests, ppl i know play catch catch with these phones and the damn phones still work flawlessly year after year..Thats why the trust..

Party Monger said:
^thats cause their phones have stood the tests, ppl i know play catch catch with these phones
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: LMFAO

which dumb idiots do that ?

try and throw a nokia 1100 or a 3310 on to a wall. it will fall down, battery will come out but thats it. put it back again and it will work just as fine. i m not saying you go around doin this but that they have made durable phones specially in the low end segment which is the major market in INdia and so nokia has become synonymous with cell phones as ipod is to mp3 players!

lol thats true , nokia phones last long and and good quality , have nokia phones working for years without any problems , my N95 8gb fell 3-4 times but still works great :rofl:

^^Or the Tube since we're at it. I assure you the Tube won't survive being runover by a truck (like a certain TE member's iPhone did). Heck, I doubt the plastic piece of contraption will even survive a fall.

Back