The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Official Price Announced !!

Supra said:
Thanks for the compliment...I dont have to show my credentials to ppl....they are aware of it enough

Btw I have nt seen you making any other constructive post/discussion/review/preview on any other thread other than this. If you cant withstand this...get out of this thread and go take a chill pill.

Er, dude, my "credentials" as you call it, speak for themselves too :) Anyway, in case, you got it wrong, I said your comment was idiotic, not you ;) So, stop getting so defensive and let's both chill before this becomes too heated.

Gunman said:
BTW did you get coached under l33t_5n1p3r_max recently???

Nah. Why would you think that and who is this mysterious fellow?

Supra said:
I can get an iphone 2G for less than what I will pay for the 5800 XpressMusic. In facts some peps in office here are ready to sell them for as low as 12k for the 8GB model :p

Really ? Please put it on TE. There will be loads of people interested. I would buy one too.

tracerbullet said:
Nah. Why would you think that and who is this mysterious fellow?

:p

He used to amaze most of us with his l33t quotes.. Never mind.. :)

He aint any mystery though.. Check out his threads/posts.. :p

Really ? Please put it on TE. There will be loads of people interested. I would buy one too.

Lol, one of my friends from Bumbay got one for like ~7.5k 2nd hand cos his friend got a 3G one. BTW he's rich. :p

Guys... My 6630 is dying... I need a new phone quickly... WHEN IS IT OUT...

Switch said:

+100 to that........i have been waiting only for this...infact all i am waiting for is the pricing to be heard......the day this thing is out i need to buy this phone , if this is overbudget it will be something else.....i hope its properly and sensibly priced else nokia would sure loose out a lot of wannabe 5800 owners for sure

Switch said:

i thought you had finalized on the iphone? or the e-series.

Gunman said:
Lol, one of my friends from Bumbay got one for like ~7.5k 2nd hand cos his friend got a 3G one. BTW he's rich. :p

Please ask your friends if anyone is interested in selling it for 12k.

The i-phone has its own monthly tariff commitment... I mobile phone bill is around Rs 600 or so...

And E71 is almost the same price as the 5800 so waiting for it instead...

i have done a bit of complex maths

(N82) - (N series value) - (5 megapixel carl zeiss) + (3.2 megapixel carl zeiss) + (touch screen) = 5800

N82 retails for 19.5 so this should not cost more than that IMO.

what do u say?

Please dont kill me for this. Like many others, I too am desperately waiting for this fone.

(I had almost bought the asus P320 yesterday in Alfa, when better sense prevailed and I pulled back just before asking the guy for billing the phone :p )

motorheadinc said:
i have done a bit of complex maths
(N82) - (N series value) - (5 megapixel carl zeiss) + (3.2 megapixel carl zeiss) + (touch screen) = 5800
N82 retails for 19.5 so this should not cost more than that IMO.
what do u say?

Please dont kill me for this. Like many others, I too am desperately waiting for this fone.
(I had almost bought the asus P320 yesterday in Alfa, when better sense prevailed and I pulled back just before asking the guy for billing the phone :p )
hehe..nice logic, but you missed the part where n82 launched for 25k, Adn 5800's new OS, The sleekness and coolness factor:)
Frankly its VFM at 20k, anything more than that, it boils down to how much juice you can extract from the device..

Party Monger said:
hehe..nice logic, but you missed the part where n82 launched for 25k, Adn 5800's new OS, The sleekness and coolness factor:)
Frankly its VFM at 20k, anything more than that, it boils down to how much juice you can extract from the device..

I agree with you on that , but at the same time when N82 was launched there were not many phones (especially nokia phones) around with so many features.

Now if they do price it above 20k dont you think one would go in for a N82 for the brilliant camera and N series value??

friend of mine owned it for 2 days, price paid for that one was 27k it was an import without warranty :mad:

Back