The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Official Price Announced !!

I am in for the MUMBAI PHONE MEET. Cmon guys . get this baby below 16k :D I'll try my contacts here too.

motorheadinc said:
I am in for the GO.
2 phones required for myself and a friend.
:eek:hyeah: :hap2:
PhOeNiX said:
I am in for the MUMBAI PHONE MEET. Cmon guys . get this baby below 16k :D I'll try my contacts here too.

16k :S :S highly optimistic but impossible price im sure.....:hap2: do try ur contacts ....

anks22402 said:
yeah i guess by tom icefusion will let us know when exactly its hitting the store in india :p man this phone is creating madness !!!!
Hong Kong - Launch date: November 25. Price: HK$3988 (EUR 412)
India - Launch date: third week of November (should be by the end of November)
Indonesia - Launch date: third week of November (should be by the end of November)
Spain - Launch date: December 1. Price: EUR 429. Pre-Order
Russia - Launch date: December 5. Price: 16,000 RUB (EUR 473)
Taiwan - Launch date: December 6. Price: 16,000 TWD (EUR 384)
Ukraine - Launch date: second-half of December.
Kazakhstan - Launch date: January 2009
Germany - Launch date: January 2009. Price: EUR 299
Sweden - Pre-Order. Delivery date: February 27, 2009. Price: 3,545 krona (EUR 384)

i am expecting the price of 25 K !!!!!FOR SURE

25k !!!! aaarghhhh :mad: :mad: no no no :no: :no: :no:

RKitect said:
I know a guy who works for Nokia Distributor in Lower Parel. Ill find out if he can give us a decent deal.

sounds awsome :hap2:

ok people....1 more day to wait...........but i guess its also time people start thinking what they going to buy if the phones launches way over the expected price........we can continue discussing that in this thread later on....:rofl: :lol: i hope that situation does'nt arrise.

@hanzy , mate , keep me updated on this , this will gimme chance to be a part of the meet for one , as well as get the phone i have been waiting like hell for. Try and fix it next week , as i have xams till friday.

PhOeNiX said:
@hanzy , mate , keep me updated on this , this will gimme chance to be a part of the meet for one , as well as get the phone i have been waiting like hell for. Try and fix it next week , as i have xams till friday.

done.....although i dont have any deep-in sources for good prices , then too will check with my phone dealer on the same........everyones waiting on the pricing aspect which will clear up tomorrow...and then all will wait for is availbility of the phone....everyones waiting!!!.....for me if this phones UPTO 20k its going to be fine.......25k + will have to buy something else or wait and wait for its price drops......

IceFusion where art thou?

Eagerly waiting for the first hands on review by a TE member and announcement of the price.

Hoping that all our expectations dont die.

Hoping that things go as they should we can have a specific number of peeps interested in this........so peeps lets do so......I will keep updating "THIS" post with the number of people looking forward for this from now on so lets get counting :D ....

1) hanzy x1
2) anks22402 x2
3) Motorheadinc x2
4) PhOeNiX x1
5) vint x1
6) rocky_pratik x1
7) nikeel x1
8) jesal x1

10 done and counting.......

I read in a review that the touch screen sensitivity is not upto Apple iphone standards ? Can someone comment on that ? Otherwise, this looks to be a decent phone.

hanzy said:
Hoping that things go as they should we can have a specific number of peeps interested in this........so peeps lets do so......I will keep updating "THIS" post with the number of people looking forward for this from now on so lets get counting :D ....

1) hanzy x1

2) Motorheadinc x2 :hap2:

vint said:
I read in a review that the touch screen sensitivity is not upto Apple iphone standards ? Can someone comment on that ? Otherwise, this looks to be a decent phone.

i'd rather say iphone is not upto 5800's standards. Seriously the features in that phone are bullsh!t compared to what the 5800 has to offer. If you are only looking for style and flashiness then i'm sorry 5800 is probably not for you.

Anyway, I've been to two nokia priority dealers in my city (hyderabad) and checked out the dummy piece. They both say it should be launched this week for sure. The first guy said price 21-25k and the second guy said price 20-26k!! And i saw the stylus, it sucks. Its very thin and toy-like, not at all cool. Thats the only thing thats wrong about it. everything else looks great! the buttons feel right, the screen is enormous and the phone feels almost exactly like an n73, except with no keypad and full Touchscreen. If the price is right (say around 19k), then nokia can expect a TON of profits. :eek:hyeah:

GenetiCDisasteR said:
i'd rather say iphone is not upto 5800's standards. Seriously the features in that phone are bullsh!t compared to what the 5800 has to offer. If you are only looking for style and flashiness then i'm sorry 5800 is probably not for you.

Anyway, I've been to two nokia priority dealers in my city (hyderabad) and checked out the dummy piece. They both say it should be launched this week for sure. The first guy said price 21-25k and the second guy said price 20-26k!! And i saw the stylus, it sucks. Its very thin and toy-like, not at all cool. Thats the only thing thats wrong about it. everything else looks great! the buttons feel right, the screen is enormous and the phone feels almost exactly like an n73, except with no keypad and full Touchscreen. If the price is right (say around 19k), then nokia can expect a TON of profits. :eek:hyeah:

I never compared the features of the two. I was just asking about the sensitivity of the touch screen, that's the most imp thing in a touch screen phone. Ain't it ?

Currently I've a htc touch , and the touchscreen sucks. You need the stylus most of the time, unlike iphone.

Definately the iPhone is better in terms of the sex appeal as well as the Touchscreen. That is something no other manufacturer yet has come close to. Else the 5800 is a killer phone.

@hanzy , put me down for one :D

hmmm. Anything > 20k is steep, if its under 20k, I'll definitely buy this. Let us see :/

vint said:
hmmm. Anything > 20k is steep, if its under 20k, I'll definitely buy this. Let us see :/

everyone here is tentative and waiting for the pricing mate :) .....lets wait....the price is around the corner

vint said:
I never compared the features of the two. I was just asking about the sensitivity of the touch screen, that's the most imp thing in a touch screen phone. Ain't it ?

Currently I've a htc touch , and the touchscreen sucks. You need the stylus most of the time, unlike iphone.

well the 5800 has a modified resistive touch screen, it works with finger touch, but also works (and works better) with the stylus. You can check out the four part video review by mobile burn, that can help you decide if you want this phone or not.
YouTube - Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Tube review - part 1 of 4
YouTube - Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Tube review - part 2 of 4
YouTube - Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Tube review - part 3 of 4
YouTube - Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Tube review - part 4 of 4
Enjoy!!

are u guys aware if any insurance company insures mobiles against theft, pickpocket, accidental damage, atleast for the costlier phones.

This would be the first time that I will be spending big bucks on a mobile, So I am kinda skeptic.

motorheadinc said:
are u guys aware if any insurance company insures mobiles against theft, pickpocket, accidental damage, atleast for the costlier phones.

This would be the first time that I will be spending big bucks on a mobile, So I am kinda skeptic.

Try this ---> The New India Assurance Co. Ltd. :hap2: I might get it too......and I guess others might be interested too.....we can have a GO for this too :lol: :lol: we can catch an agent and say we want bulk insurance :rofl:

Its D-Day today........best of luck to everyone!......

Count post updated.......8 and counting.....

Back