The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

IceFusion said:
Alrighty..... this is an important news to all u 5800 fans so made a new thread about it...

I went to the Nokia Global summit meet today... and in the press con the price and annoucment date of the 5800 Xpressmusic for India were revealed by the CountryHead of Nokia...

So.......

Congrats to all the fans..... the Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic will be price around 20k INR:hap2:

It would be launched at the End of November and would be available in the markets from the 1st week of December most probably....:)

Hope this makes many people happy !
why do u bother about others! go for ..what you want.

mobile phones

Just installed v40....no problems as of yet...don't find much of a difference in touch sensitivity...cant get ovi maps...do u ppl recommend hard reset once or should i just continue? also should i change the product code to original or let it be?

jadoo said:
Fantastic news. Navigation on your Nokia is now For Free, Forever, By Ovi Maps. See this link.
Free Navigation on your Nokia. Forever - Ovi Maps
Now 5800 has become more lucrative.

s_anuj said:

Nokia is really turning it on here. :eek:hyeah: First the v40 update and now free navigation, awesome stuff. I was waiting patiently for Google Maps Navigation to come to symbian but this is just amazing news from Nokia, also I find Ovi maps a bit more detailed compared to Google maps as of now, when it comes to point of interests. :clap:

Free Navigation is great :)

But does anyone else find Ovi Maps 3.0 quite sluggish on the 5800? Google maps or Nokia Maps 2.0 were more smooth in terms of scrolling/zooming.

The new free ovi maps (v3.03 i think) is quite snappy. thou am indoors at the moment so can't comment on the navigation. (there's also a new voice pack called 'surfer dude' :) )

oh.. jst found out.. guys.. the music widget dosent work in the home screen theme of "shortcuts bar" and "basic" only works in "contacts" theme. .. i had switched to shortcuts bar .. so thats y it wasnt wrkin

Are sports accessory available for Nokia 5800 in India? I use the nokia sports tracker while running but have to hold the phone in my hand. This is what I want but I want it in retail. ebay doesn't accept SBI netbanking.

_pappu_ said:
nope, those are more expensive :S
why not use the phone without the remote :)

Sorry for delayed reply...

(Recap: Asked for a in earphone with a shorter cable to use along with Nokia remote..)

As i would be driving and answering calls using the handset, it is necessary.

Trying to find the She9500 (max budget 500~1K), in chennai...

thirumalkumaran said:
Sorry for delayed reply...

(Recap: Asked for a in earphone with a shorter cable to use along with Nokia remote..)

As i would be driving and answering calls using the handset, it is necessary.

Trying to find the She9500 (max budget 500~1K), in chennai...

Why don't you buy Sony Ericsson's walkman series (noise cancellation in ear type) earphones, it comes with very short cable (around 1 feet). I think the model number is HPM70 (i am not sure). It will be easily available on ebay.

About its performance on 5800, is awesome. Very crisp and rich. Works like charm with Nokia remote.

Back