The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Attachments

• Scr000001.jpg
    Scr000001.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 107
changed the phone code now..

but i'm unable to update via Nokia Software Updater..

It goes to the Downloading Updates Screen & Downloads the Updates to 0.3MB & restarts again & again from 0.0MB after which following Screen

I've Plugged it into all possible USB Ports Including M/B USB..

Internet is working fine with no problems at all..

Attachments

• nokia.jpg
    nokia.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 200
  • Nokia 1.jpg
    Nokia 1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 182
1) Disable the Automatic Keylock

2) Restart the phone

3) Restart your PC

4) Now, try again.

It happened with me twice and then on 3rd try it went successfully. if it still keeps failing, then

Try Update in Phone itself

Press *#0000# and select check for updates. needs a GPRS/3G or Wifi connection.

As a last resort, take it to nokia service center, and get the firmware updated.

Hey guys can u provide links of some websites which explains the symbian file system in DETAIL especially for s60v5

I mean it should explain

the importance of private, resource, sys dirs

and the following file extensions

r01....rXX,rsc,dta,kls,bin,mif........etc..etc

and how to modify create, sign sis and sisx files

pl i think it would be lot helpful for all symbian phone owners....pl share

I was thinking to upgrade my self to v40 by changing prooduct code for my nokia 5800,but i was little scared of spoiling my 13 days old nokia,so for greater good decided to go to Nokia care on Sunday

Today i went to nokia care

First they told for my product code i.e 0575590 they dont have update more than v30.Later i requested them to update as one of Nokia care in delhi is doing it.Then customer care executive went inside and came back told me that its not possible to downgrade to v30 after installing to v40 in any case,so u shouldnt ask for a downgrade..this question looked awkward to me.i said ok,i wont ask

Then they took my phone gave it to me after 1hr,it was v31

I checked and asked him for v40,then Service engineer came and told told for APAC series they dont have any newer software than v31.They i told in nokia website for Asia Pacific too they have v40,then he checked up and told that,it was there,but its 164mb file,it take time to download(he told he has slow connection,its downloading at 32kBps.. i was shocked .!!!! that Nokia Care has such slow connection)..i waited there(coz my sole intention was to get the phone updated,coz i live in small town,from where nearest nokia care is 60km, so i decided my whole monday was gone and

i waited there),then he updated..I talked to Service person afterwards,how did you update?did u change product code?he told yes,he told if you revert back to old code,you wont get any further updates.only for 0575590 code v40 comes,you can revert back to that code

now my phone has v40

by the way my code has been changed to 0559673

and scrolling in v40 is awesome in my opinion,yet to check other features

my advice first check with nearest nokia care and insist for v40,if they dont change,u can do it always at home,but be prepared to spoil a day for yourself and go to nokia care,many of nokia care centre are sweet .I was very happy i got my nokia v40 at a legitimate station in a illegimate way :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah: (so it becomes a legimate act:clap::clap:)

^^Great!! :D

My product code too was 0575590, i changed that to 0559673 and updated the FW at home.. :) Using NSS its so easy.

After updating, reverted the product code back to original one, 0575590.. ;)

initially i thought nokia care people can install without changing product code,but my belief was wrong,even they will change product code

i guess changing product code doesnt really void warrranty.its big question?

i read in nokia discussions that sometimes nokia care will change product code for better firmware upgrade and some language pack installations,how far its true i doubt

Nope, changing the product code doesnt voids the warranty.. I personally asked this to a Nokia Care Executive.

Because of warranty hoax many people fear changing their Product code..

REY619 said:
^^Great!! :D

My product code too was 0575590, i changed that to 0559673 and updated the FW at home.. :) Using NSS its so easy.

After updating, reverted the product code back to original one, 0575590.. ;)

My Product code was also the same..
so,changed it to 0559673 which is for Red India.. Completed my Update & then Restored it using Nemesis..

I'll Suggest all to Change the product code via Nemesis as it's very easy..:eek:hyeah:

v.Na5h said:
Hey guys can u provide links of some websites which explains the symbian file system in DETAIL especially for s60v5

I mean it should explain

Somebody........:( :( :(

Guys,

I am facing an issue with my Nokia 5800 XM. While playing back high bit rate MP3 or large MP3 files, the phone is skipping in between a song. The same song plays perfectly OK on my computer. The problem is not with every large mp3 file or high bit rate song but only some. I am completely flummoxed. Can it be a hardware issue? Shall I take my phone to Nokia service center? Is anyone else facing the same issue?

P.S. I am a big Trance Music fan and some of my files are more than 25 mb in size.

torque said:
Guys,

I am facing an issue with my Nokia 5800 XM. While playing back high bit rate MP3 or large MP3 files, the phone is skipping in between a song. The same song plays perfectly OK on my computer. The problem is not with every large mp3 file or high bit rate song but only some. I am completely flummoxed. Can it be a hardware issue? Shall I take my phone to Nokia service center? Is anyone else facing the same issue?

P.S. I am a big Trance Music fan and some of my files are more than 25 mb in size.

sometimes happens with me while listening to 1hr long podcasts, however the problem I only when I do Seek. it play normally most of the time.

make sure there are no background apps running, also try your running that file phone memory instead of memory card. see if that works.

@gaurish... I have tried to play it from the phone memory but it still skips and exactly at the same spots. Is it something to do with the encoding but then again, I expect a music heavy handset to play every mp3 that I can throw at it. Any other pointers guys?

torque said:
@gaurish... I have tried to play it from the phone memory but it still skips and exactly at the same spots. Is it something to do with the encoding but then again, I expect a music heavy handset to play every mp3 that I can throw at it. Any other pointers guys?

perhaps something is wrong with the files that you are trying to play.

Try downloading the following file and see if that plays

http://bit.ly/6yS11i

If it does then encode your files at a lower bitrate

v.Na5h said:

I mean it should explain

Somebody Help please :mad:

Back