The "Everyday" show-off thread !

^ But why is it so much bigger than the 55-200 mm lens I saw yesterday ? *noob alert*. and yeah Congrats :D ! Also please post some samples if possible. .

Dear God!!!

I am not comparing that to a 55-250.. I know the L are just uber ones. I was asking why the "size" is bigger. please understand the post before bashing mates

m-jeri said:
Dear God!!!

I am not comparing that to a 55-250.. I know the L are just uber ones. I was asking why the "size" is bigger. please understand the post before bashing mates
Oh sorry Jerry, I did not bash you :).

I just stated something *perhaps in a wrong way*. Apologies.

Size is bigger because it have more optical elements inside, more hokery pokery, plus it does not extends or rotates, so accomodates for any extension inside the lens body itself.

Does that answers your questions? :)

^^^

ahh.. that answers my query. :p

So no extension coz of the weather sealing i suppose?. and the length could be above the max extended length of a 55-250 i am thinking...

thats smart. :D

and whats the gauge meter like thing in the middle of the lens?...the one with a needle and numbers..

blufox said:
Oh sorry Jerry, I did not bash you :).

I just stated something *perhaps in a wrong way*. Apologies.

Size is bigger because it have more optical elements inside, more hokery pokery, plus it does not extends or rotates, so accomodates for any extension inside the lens body itself.

Does that answers your questions? :)
Thanks. :)

and whats the gauge meter like thing in the middle of the lens?...the one with a needle and numbers..

That's a nice question, I have seen a lot of professional lens and they have gauges for a lot of things including focal length, focus range (infinity to macro). The few I noticed, Blufox can shed some more light.

Blufox: The L series lens are really good, but are they really worth the 2x premium for eg, the Tamron f2.8 lens with IS cost 40k....

focal length, focus range (infinity to macro)

he said the lens are f2.8 r8?.. isnt that the focal length?. or can he change it?

and focus range bole tho?. Lot of sigma/tamron got a switch for macro.. like that?

@Aces, Yes they are worth the price Aces.

Nothing comes close to L glass. AF on it is almost instantaneous, full time manual focus, build quality and optical quality you get is worth it.

If you can spend 40K, i m sure you can spend a lil more too :).

Planning to get a 17-40L soon :). Prob is I have a basic 1000D ...ewwww.

Gauge thing has to do with IR lenses, I guess IIRC. That is what I read lol. Not sure through, to me it gives you where you are focusing at the point in precise terms.

Aces170 said:
That's a nice question, I have seen a lot of professional lens and they have gauges for a lot of things including focal length, focus range (infinity to macro). The few I noticed, Blufox can shed some more light.

Blufox: The L series lens are really good, but are they really worth the 2x premium for eg, the Tamron f2.8 lens with IS cost 40k....
Tsk tsk someone is planning to invest in expensive lenses soon enough! :D

m-jeri said:
he said the lens are f2.8 r8?.. isnt that the focal length?. or can he change it?

and focus range bole tho?. Lot of sigma/tamron got a switch for macro.. like that?

f2.8 is aperture jeri.

True but a true macro can be done with a real macro lens only at 1:1.

e,g if you are tight on budget, you can get a 50mm canon macro lens.

Pseudo macro telephotos are not true macro lenses, which have very close min focusing distance too.

HTH

^^

U spend 40k lens on a 20k body.. bad boy...

so which ultra cool body u gonna get for this L ?? .:D.. 5D Mk 3??

Lens i plan to get are 50mm and a 70-300 APO DG or 55-250 from canon. thats it. nothing more is necessary for me.

Tsk tsk someone is planning to invest in expensive lenses soon enough!

Nah, I cant afford L lenses, but for now I am getting a better kit lens replacement (ie Tamron 17-50 f2.8) for 17k in a month or so.

I have tried the 100mm Canon L macro, of a friend, and that lens is a beauty. I have not seen a lens sharper, with a vivid color reproduction as yet.. But the price is very high.

@Blufox: I think the 1000D body is going to limit you, especially in low light conditions (I have the same body, hence my preference to fast lenses). I guess you would be waiting for a 7D replacement?

m-jeri said:
^^

U spend 40k lens on a 20k body.. bad boy...

so which ultra cool body u gonna get for this L ?? .:D.. 5D Mk 3??

Lens i plan to get are 50mm and a 70-300 APO DG or 55-250 from canon. thats it. nothing more is necessary for me.

Well body can be changed anytime, right? :)

So what is the harm?
Aces170 said:
Nah, I cant afford L lenses, but for now I am getting a better kit lens replacement (ie Tamron 17-50 f2.8) for 17k in a month or so.

I have tried the 100mm Canon L macro, of a friend, and that lens is a beauty. I have not seen a lens sharper, with a vivid color reproduction as yet.. But the price is very high.

@Blufox: I think the 1000D body is going to limit you, especially in low light conditions (I have the same body, hence my preference to fast lenses). I guess you would be waiting for a 7D replacement?

I shoot at 1600 sometimes but it looks ok to me.

I am waiting for 5dmkII replacement actually. Nothing beats a full frame, if you can afford it.

Oh boy, 5D Mark II is a beauty in itself, its the camera to use if you consider video. (A lot of House HD episodes are shot on a 5D Mark II). Yeah if you can afford a full frame, nothing like it, and at that range 5D Mark II beats the competition (Nikon D700)...

Aces170 said:
Oh boy, 5D Mark II is a beauty in itself, its the camera to use if you consider video. (A lot of House HD episodes are shot on a 5D Mark II). Yeah if you can afford a full frame, nothing like it, and at that range 5D Mark II beats the competition (Nikon D700)...
Well that is subjective. :)

Had it not been costly Nikkor lenses I would have preferred D700 over 5dMkII.

To each his own... one man's waste is another man's gold :).

dsc0058yc.jpg

:)

This is probably weirdest thing someone has ever posted in this thread.

And this is not it. 5 more tubes of CF III and 1 huge 30gm tube of MX2 on its way :p

Shripad said:
This is probably weirdest thing someone has ever posted in this thread.

And this is not it. 5 more tubes of CF III and 1 huge 30gm tube of MX2 on its way :p
Is articlean available locally? need to pick one up soon with AS5

Back