The "Everyday" show-off thread !

^^its the fan speed at default

on a 4850 we got 55deg. load at 100% with some mx-2 loving and pencil modding :)

and unlike the stock coolers, this has 100% at 3000rpm instead of 6000 so its quiet

Gannu said:
For some reason, I feel its slightly on the higher side!

Anyhow do let us know the best stable clocks u were able to do. :)

Congrats!

yeah fan is running at 45% now , gets noisy as it increases

default clocks are 770/1000 will leave it at that itself :p

The quest for a silent pc with good airflow begins.

NZXT Tempest Cabinet.

Fanless elitegroup 9600gt (card comes with accelero s2)

Damages
nzxt tempset = 6100
elitegroup ecs 9600gt = 3700 (bought from a good friend)

Congrats stormblast , how is that cabinet compared to the cm690 ?

Here is my x6 :D

Gives me all the features i was using the G15, wasn't used to LCD so no big deal. Keys are low profile which is what i want. Overall a very good keyboard for the price of Rs.3600 ;)

oh and this thing is a finger print magnet :p

Saiyan said:
Congrats stormblast , how is that cabinet compared to the cm690 ?

Here is my x6 :D

Gives me all the features i was using the G15, wasn't used to LCD so no big deal. Keys are low profile which is what i want. Overall a very good keyboard for the price of Rs.3600 ;)

oh and this thing is a finger print magnet :p

really nice kb.

the nzxt installation & the build quality is much better than the cm690 in my opinion. it comes with all the fans pre installed. i am using all the fans atm & the cabinet is completely silent. i cant hear it. only if i put my ear next to the sidepanel i can hear a little sound. i really liked the layout & especially the hdd cage is really good. the fans also came pre installed with air filters & there are lots of holes for cable management. also the advantage over 690 is that this is an e-atx cabinet so there is more space to work with.

overall the pricing is also great considering it costs 109$ on newegg which is without tax & shipping.

currently using the front 120mm x 2 in hdd cage. 140mm x 2 top, 120mm x 1 rear, 120mm x 1 side & a vantec uvled 120mm on the tru. i cannot hear anything. the stock fans arent very high rpm but they are doing a great job cause there is good airflow in the case. hdd temps are 38-39 max. cpu idle is 40. gpu idle is 44. couldnt ask much more if i want the case to be really silent.

^Either something is wrong with your ears or the cabinet is really silent hehe. Good hear that it is a good cabinet :)

^Nikhil is running away with it :p

I'll miss the LCD in the G15 though :p not that i used it that much, just to check the time n all :lol: but been with it for 2 years hehe.

Saiyan said:
^Either something is wrong with your ears or the cabinet is really silent hehe. Good hear that it is a good cabinet :)

hehe. the tempest is really silent. i could hear the 690 from 10feet away. but i was using higher cfm fans inside the 690.

Saiyan said:

My NZXT Zero came with 7 120mm and 1 80mm fans - these are very silent and slow and move very little air, when I have the 4 NZXT 120mm side panel fans running it does not even make 1 C lowering on CPU or Northbridge / Southbridge temps, I dont use these fans - I attached my Super Turbo charged Steroids packed Pabst and Panaflo and the Scythes and with these I saw 2 -3 C temp drop. :clap:

last upgrade :p

14149c6691cbab1b.jpg

14149c6691cf3d0a.jpg

cable management has gone south with the 4870 :lol:

Back