The Fitness Thread !

Re: The Fitness Thread !

Rockfella said:
None at this time, i have heard good things about Syntha 6 and Dymatize whey, very negative things about ON despite its popularity in the US. I can't say anything for sure as i have never read extensively about whey brands only word of mouth. Most of the supplements are not regulated by FDA so one needs to be very sure what we buy. I remember reading about your food intake, it was very good. Add fish oils for omega 3s in your diet and don't stop having whey post workout. Bombard your body with high quality omega 3s for the next 6 months or so. TE member raptor is eating flax seeds with oats in post workout. Damn smart of him to get omega 3s cheaply as this is something that we would need forever. If you can afford fishoils forever go with it or else buy flax seeds or flax seeds oil (Called Alsi ka tel) in North india. WIki for more info.
Correction Rockfella.Oats+ground flax seeds+fruits only for breakfast only.I cant eat oats more than once in a day :p I mix flax seeds with my food or take 1 capsule of Seven Seas Sea cod- cod liver capsule.A strip of 10 costs Rs 12.50. Although, if yuo can afford, do consume fish oil supplements.
Do not co for flax seed oil.It's unstable in the Indian weather.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ggt said:
avoid mentioning rod weight they are negligible in front of the pay load. :bleh:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

if you are too hooked up to your workout. take a months break.
from what i've read it seems your body metabolism rate is high. try to include cheese in your diet if you want to increase your weight.
eating a small cubicle will help
also try adding soya to wheat when preparing wheat flour. it is natural source of proteins in your body which might be lacking .
Care to expand on the neglect rod weight thing? If it's an olymic barbell, it weighs 20kgs. I myself use a 19kgs barbell with 0.5 kg locks

Rockfella said:
Stickers and logos are not really trustworthy imo! Will check and get back to you on this one. Any reason why you have it with a looot of nescafe?????????????

The myth of loosing fat by doing loads or reps is bullcrap. Don't do 100 reps thinking you will loose fat from that area or anywhere, if might work for some time if you are lucky but is not really an effective way to loose fat. The thing you mentioned about resting for a month/15 days is good.
yup.I have not lifted as much weights as Rockfella , but even I know for sure more than 10-15 reps is a waste of time.Even those 10-15 reps depends on what program you are on.
Spot reduction is s myth!

Rockfella said:
Read carefully!

1) First get your thyroid checked for a super active one. (Most probably it is your growing age and fast metabolism!)

2) Get a 1 liter jar/tumbler, preferably tupperware or some good one.

3) Talk to your mom/folks that you have to drink 4 liters of whole milk a day for the next two months everyday.

4) Start with drinking 1 liter day for a day or two, then try 2, then 3 then finally 4 liters a day!

5) Don't get baffled, so many people are doing this already. You don't have to drink all 4 litres in one go. Have 1 before breakfast and every 3 to 4 hours.

6) If you only have 4 liters of milk a day you will gain weight not muscle, if you combine milk with exercise you will put on weight along with muscle. This will work NO MATTER whatever you have tried in the past, world's most powerful weight gainer/ 5 kgs chicken a day/eating 5 kg butter a day!

7) This is very extreme with 100% garenteed result unless you have a tapeworm in your body(kiddin).

8) You must have balls to do this!

9) It will work, try it!

10) Buy new clothes after 2 months, you will notice changes wthin 10 days!!!

11) DRINK 4 LITERS OF WHOLE MILK A DAY FOR THE NEXT TWO MONTHS. YOU WILL GAIN WEIGHT NO MATTER WHAT!
LOL nice advice. :)

I think I should be doing this before I head for home - parents keep complaining that I have become lean. :p

Desecrator said:
LOL nice advice. :)

I think I should be doing this before I head for home - parents keep complaining that I have become lean. :p
Lol first quit smoking. You would see your weight increase without any major changes.
raptor3624 said:
Care to expand on the neglect rod weight thing? If it's an olymic barbell, it weighs 20kgs. I myself use a 19kgs barbell with 0.5 kg locks
The olympic barbell would be used when weight would go past 100 to 120 kgs. I was saying to neglect the weight because it is not the same for each individual. A person who is lean but taller can handle more weights than a person who is stout in height. I was saying just to focus on doing exercises the right way then going for benchmarking yourself of having lifted those weights.
P.S This is for a person looking to be fit by exercises and not for the one looking to participate in the CWG games in weight lifting segment. (j/k)

ggt said:
The olympic barbell would be used when weight would go past 100 to 120 kgs. I was saying to neglect the weight because it is not the same for each individual. A person who is lean but taller can handle more weights than a person who is stout in height. I was saying just to focus on doing exercises the right way then going for benchmarking yourself of having lifted those weights.

P.S This is for a person looking to be fit by exercises and not for the one looking to participate in the CWG games in weight lifting segment. (j/k)
i disagree...(bolder red statement)...not necessary....i personally seen lean taller ppl cant even handle 10kg dumbbell OHP...its all about strength not lean/ fat or tall /short

Neither have i lifted much weights, just knowledge little applications as of now. In the end all boils down to results, rest all is useless without results. Yep you are right, 12-15 rep range is usually warm-up for most exercises. I see some fools wasting time in the gym doing endless high rep sets. I see them same today and after an year they never change all remain same..... whatsoever and they never listen so useless educating them.
raptor3624 said:
yup.I have not lifted as much weights as Rockfella , but even I know for sure more than 10-15reps is a waste of time. Even those 10-15 reps depends on what program you are on. Spot reduction is a myth!
Usually taller people have slightly tougher time doing squats and bench as their arms/legs have to move the weight to a greater extent. However it is waste of time to worry about things that we can't change. Make best use of what we have is the best policy.
universal said:
i disagree...(bolder red statement)...not necessary....i personally seen lean taller ppl cant even handle 10kg dumbbell OHP...its all about strength not lean/ fat or tall /short

Rockfella said:
Neither have i lifted much weights, just knowledge little applications as of now. In the end all boils down to results, rest all is useless without results. Yep you are right, 12-15 rep range is usually warm-up for most exercises. I see some fools wasting time in the gym doing endless high rep sets. I see them same today and after an year they never change all remain same..... whatsoever and they never listen so useless educating them.

Usually taller people have slightly tougher time doing squats and bench as their arms/legs have to move the weight to a greater extent. However it is waste of time to worry about things that we can't change. Make best use of what we have is the best policy.
Noted .. @universal just my observation:p

All rested, getting itchy again.... probably will start on monday..... once i get a chin-up bar made....

Rockfella said:
All rested, getting itchy again.... probably will start on monday..... once i get a chin-up bar made....
Hey Rockfella, I am starting to love the squats. Even though i am doing Free Squats right now, but I am in love with it. Must be the TE Effect. :p

ggt said:
Lol first quit smoking. You would see your weight increase without any major changes.

:ashamed:

I know!

OTOH I just realised 4L of milk is a bit too much? I mean a packet is 500ml. That would mean 8 packet per day?! :dead:

Rockfella said:
Read carefully!
1) First get your thyroid checked for a super active one. (Most probably it is your growing age and fast metabolism!)
2) Get a 1 liter jar/tumbler, preferably tupperware or some good one.
3) Talk to your mom/folks that you have to drink 4 liters of whole milk a day for the next two months everyday.
4) Start with drinking 1 liter day for a day or two, then try 2, then 3 then finally 4 liters a day!
5) Don't get baffled, so many people are doing this already. You don't have to drink all 4 litres in one go. Have 1 before breakfast and every 3 to 4 hours.
6) If you only have 4 liters of milk a day you will gain weight not muscle, if you combine milk with exercise you will put on weight along with muscle. This will work NO MATTER whatever you have tried in the past, world's most powerful weight gainer/ 5 kgs chicken a day/eating 5 kg butter a day!
7) This is very extreme with 100% garenteed result unless you have a tapeworm in your body(kiddin).
8) You must have balls to do this!
9) It will work, try it!
10) Buy new clothes after 2 months, you will notice changes wthin 10 days!!!
11) DRINK 4 LITERS OF WHOLE MILK A DAY FOR THE NEXT TWO MONTHS. YOU WILL GAIN WEIGHT NO MATTER WHAT!

Thanks for the advice.. :)
4 L seems to be too much...but will surely try it..
and will tell you the result..

Desecrator said:
:ashamed:

I know!

OTOH I just realised 4L of milk is a bit too much? I mean a packet is 500ml. That would mean 8 packet per day?! :dead:
that what mentioned is a sure shot method to increase weight. every body reacts differently to changes.
What he mentioned is for a an extreme case where weight gain was not possible despite all the eating and gymming.

I do not have 4L of milk.:hap5: our family of 4 consumes about 0.5L milk everyday.
our doctor suggested that human body absorbs nutrients from milk only max till the age of 5 after that milk in our body is all the fat and sugar.
So whatever unprocessed dairy products you eat will be only fat.

ggt said:
that what mentioned is a sure shot method to increase weight. every body reacts differently to changes.

What he mentioned is for a an extreme case where weight gain was not possible despite all the eating and gymming.

I do not have 4L of milk.:hap5: our family of 4 consumes about 0.5L milk everyday.

our doctor suggested that human body absorbs nutrients from milk only max till the age of 5 after that milk in our body is all the fat and sugar.

How about curd?? Thats pretty good. It gets digested quickly too.

Anyone tried eating 4Kgs of it. :p

ggt said:

lol, not sure if the doc is right. Milk is my major source of calcium and i drink roughly around 1 Litre of milk everyday. If not for that i'd be deficient in calcium. This is the first time i am hearing some statement like this , i strongly believe that your doctor is wrong.

Saiyan said:
lol, not sure if the doc is right. Milk is my major source of calcium and i drink roughly around 1 Litre of milk everyday. If not for that i'd be deficient in calcium. This is the first time i am hearing some statement like this , i strongly believe that your doctor is wrong.
well he is partly right as per the medical journal he showed to my sis (she is a doctor too)
he has made that statement with reference the cases evolving of grossly available synthetic milk available in country.:mad:
so with that reference he made the statement that staying away from milk is preferred rather than having adulterated milk.

Great, do free squats for a month, 3 to 5 sets of 5 reps each, increase reps from 5 to a max of 15 in each set. PM if u need more free advice rofl!
pradeep200417 said:
Hey Rockfella, I am starting to love the squats. Even though i am doing Free Squats right now, but I am in love with it. Must be the TE Effect. :p
Hey so u r gannu??? Nice! yes it is 1 US galon of milk a day of WHOLE MILK and it works that way only. Google GOMAD!
Desecrator said:
:ashamed:I know! OTOH I just realised 4L of milk is a bit too much? I mean a packet is 500ml. That would mean 8 packet per day?! :dead:

so i m doing my fitness regime and diet control quite seriously since 2 weeks now , as suggested by vivek ( rockfella)

no visible effects as of now , but i m able to do 15kgs squat as of now , started with free squats 2 weeks back , with 5kg increments per wrokout ,

so far so good

ggt said:

Then start drinking, skimmed milk which is 98% fat free.

What your doc said is true for lactose intolerant ppl, dont know if its true for others.

Back