The Fitness Thread !

Re: The Fitness Thread !

Nice. Good work. R u sure your squat form is good? Many people i know say they squat 120-150 kgs but actually were hafl-squatting in bad form! Lol technique is extremely important, keep that in mind, i am not perfect but i try to keep good form regardless of weight, for e.g: i have reached 47.5 kgs squat but my form started suffering hence next time that is tomorrow i will use the same weight, take more rest between sets and try to perfect form. (just an example) No offences, just a thought.
universal said:
Its been more than year i m doing workouts. My max squat was around 230-240lbs with 4 rep

so increasing with 5kg is not problem with me lets say for another 2 weeks for sure.. then i will switch to 2.5kg increment.

and yes i m veggie :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Good, do your best. Optimum protein is your BWx2 but that doesnot mean if u eat less nothing will happen. :)
universal said:
i do eat eggs forgot to mention tht....i m anda-veggie :p.... whey is there.....:)

as eggs n other non-veg items are not allowed in home ....so i eat it outside :(

Breast pe attack is much better, screw the leg now, eat the breasts!
MohitPreet said:
its called eggetarian not anda veggie :bleh:

tu chori- chupke , murge ki tangre par attack hota hai :p

Rockfella said:
Nice. Good work. R u sure your squat form is good? Many people i know say they squat 120-150 kgs but actually were hafl-squatting in bad form! Lol technique is extremely important, keep that in mind, i am not perfect but i try to keep good form regardless of weight, for e.g: i have reached 47.5 kgs squat but my form started suffering hence next time that is tomorrow i will use the same weight, take more rest between sets and try to perfect form. (just an example) No offences, just a thought.

thats the reason why i started with empty bar and 10lbs increment in each session so that i can work on the correct technique and form....SS(u know what i m talking about ;) ) video really helped me.

universal said:
i knw ;) ...will start diet AGAIN :)

its been more than year i m doing workouts.

my max squat was around 230-240lbs with 4 rep

so increasing with 5kg is not problem with me lets say for another 2 weeks for sure.. then i will switch to 2.5kg increment.

and yes i m veggie :)

Im on a veggie diet too, lost 5 kgs in 2.5 months.

I substitute one meal a day with salad only. If you like rice drop it. Eat more bread(rotis).

I dont refrain from eating anything, just the quantities have reduced.
MohitPreet said:
^ veggie bhai , proteins kahan se lo ge , u nned raw protiens if u nned to squat 230-240lbs and able to burn fat ,

i hope i m not hurting ur religious vegetarian sentiments , i dont intend to hurt u by saying this :)

Thats true.. the numbers seem crazy!
universal said:
i do eat eggs forgot to mention tht....i m anda-veggie :p.... whey is there.....:)

as eggs n other non-veg items are not allowed in home ....so i eat it outside :(

If you are trying to loose weight and keep your body in tone, drop the anda. too much protein is not good for you.. lol :p

I do not understand one thing. Why do people get freaked out over rice? I still dont get it. Rice has complex carbs which is good. Both are equally good.

If you see people of south India and eastern countries have rice in their staple diet, while the West and North India has wheat.

I did a bit of googling, but the verdict is always a Draw between the 2. I feel one should choose according to their origins, because genetically our bodies are more used to that. SO being a south indian and having been raised over a rice diet, my body is more used to rice. Something of that sort. I had read it in Rujuta Diwekar's Book 'Lose your weight and not Your Mind'. Its a very good book to understand diet.

Here are some links.

The Dieting Battle - Rice Vs. Wheat | Tyler Russell

Wheat Or Rice: let’s roll the dice

Rice Versus Wheat Dieting

[/COLOR]
pradeep200417 said:
I do not understand one thing. Why do people get freaked out over rice? I still dont get it. Rice has complex carbs which is good. Both are equally good.

If you see people of south India and eastern countries have rice in their staple diet, while the West and North India has wheat.

I did a bit of googling, but the verdict is always a Draw between the 2. I feel on should choose according to their origins, because genetically our bodies are more used to that.

Here are some links.

The Dieting Battle - Rice Vs. Wheat | Tyler Russell

Wheat Or Rice: let’s roll the dice

Rice Versus Wheat Dieting
yeah small quanatities of rice are good , post workout or even in ur lunch , but dont include rice in ur dinner , coz all the carbs which u take in ur dinner , will be converted to fats in ur body if u have carbs before going to bed

SoMxNemesis said:

I substitute one meal a day with salad only. If you like rice drop it. Eat more bread(rotis).

If you are trying to loose weight and keep your body in tone, drop the anda. too much protein is not good for you.. lol :p
why protein is not good for him , can u explain ?? , his weight is 106 kgs , and he is working out as well , his body needs 1g/lbs of body weight , he needs in excess of 220g proteins everyday , if he drops the egg also , from where will he get the daily requirement of protein ,

take protein as much as u can , lower ur carbs and fatty intake ,

since for proper functioning of ur body , it requires proteins fats and carbs as well and if u go into a fat deficit diet , body will still require fat , which it will take from the fat stored in ur body , i.e; the fat around ur belly , body will burn stored fat to get its daily fat needs ,

and even if u take diet very less in carbs , body still needs it , body will breakdown more fat , to provide glucose , the process called glycogenolysis , - breakdown of glycogen to provide glucose

proteins are good and they dont damage ur kidneys , unless u r suffering from a previous kidney disease ,

he is in protein deficeincy as well , he needs >> 220 g proteins everyday and 1 egg has only 7 g protein

and moreover body also burns fat while digesting proteins :)

SoMxNemesis said:

my priority is not to loose weight...just build the strength rest will follow

i m 106kg....couple of months back i was arnd 99kgs....gained 5kg in 2months but i dont look fatty

protein is must....from various sources like whey,egg,boiled daal,cottage cheese(hard to get),various nuts

i also feel i m in protein deficiency...may be dont take 200g of protein everyday....i need to work on it with proper diet

^ yeah weight loss shud not be a priority , fat loss is :

u can be 110 kg with muscular weight or 110kg fatty weight , choice is urs

How to make muscles around belly or loose fat around it ?. I mean its way too loose ?

My schedule is way off now. Due to illness :(

^ u have to build over all strength in ur body to make ur body act like a fat burning machine , ur body will burn fat all times of the day , eating, sleeping , watever u do ,

but for that u have to build a base core strength by doing compound exercises which hits various group of muscles at the same time rather than doing isolated exercises , compind exercises like , squatt , bench pres , pull ups , push ups, over head press , deadlifts , bent over rows or inverted rows

even 100 daily situps and crunches watevr , will be useless , that will only tighten ur muscles of the stomach but will not burn the overlying layers of fat , ( meaning that ur abs will be invisible)

u can start doing reverse crunches , rather than the simple crunches

and a good diet plan to go with it

and u have to do it religiously over 3-4 months to get any visible effects , build core body strength , body will burn fat automatically ,

include omega-3 fatty acids in ur diet , which had be had either by eating fish or fish liver oil capsules 2-3 caps a day ,

i started with free squats and now after 2 weeks , i m able to squat with 15 kg weight , still not able to do pull ups or even push ups are very hard , but i m doing it regularly

body will respond slowly , but i wont give up now

^ no my dear even 2-3 caps are less than wat ur body requires , each mega-3 cap has EPa- 180mg and DHA -120mg , and ur body needs 1000mg (1g) daily

the best source of fish oil is carlson fish oil which has 1000 mg in 1 cap , but its not avl here i think in india , u can source that through GEB or ICC , or u can use mega-3 caps avl locally from medical shops for abt Rs 5/ cap

and it has nothing to do with hot delhi weather

and if u feel the heat in this weather , that has a diff solution , by drinking lots of water throughout the day nimbuu pani namak wala not sugar :p

Spot reduction is impossible. Start weight training and cardio on alternate days. Only after you lose all fat, you can bother with toning abs. Bicycle crunches and such help a lot then.

SoMxNemesis said:
too much protein is not good for you.. lol :p
Wanna elaborate?

G33kgod said:
@MP dude wont 2-3 caps of fish oils be too much keeping in mind the hot delhi weather !!!!
For vegetarians, Flaxseed and Walnuts are good source of omega-3 fatty acids.

Please make sure that you dont take more than 2 TSP of flaxseeds in a day. This was mentioned by Raptor in this thread previously.

True, good example u picked up 110 kgs, almost exact weight of Arnold Schwarzenegger in top form 240 lbs lol!
MohitPreet said:
^ yeah weight loss shud not be a priority , fat loss is :

u can be 110 kg with muscular weight or 110kg fatty weight , choice is urs

MohitPreet said:
[/COLOR]
yeah small quanatities of rice are good , post workout or even in ur lunch , but dont include rice in ur dinner , coz all the carbs which u take in ur dinner , will be converted to fats in ur body if u have carbs before going to bed

why protein is not good for him , can u explain ?? , his weight is 106 kgs , and he is working out as well , his body needs 1g/lbs of body weight , he needs in excess of 220g proteins everyday , if he drops the egg also , from where will he get the daily requirement of protein ,

take protein as much as u can , lower ur carbs and fatty intake ,

since for proper functioning of ur body , it requires proteins fats and carbs as well and if u go into a fat deficit diet , body will still require fat , which it will take from the fat stored in ur body , i.e; the fat around ur belly , body will burn stored fat to get its daily fat needs ,

and even if u take diet very less in carbs , body still needs it , body will breakdown more fat , to provide glucose , the process called glycogenolysis , - breakdown of glycogen to provide glucose

proteins are good and they dont damage ur kidneys , unless u r suffering from a previous kidney disease ,

he is in protein deficeincy as well , he needs >> 220 g proteins everyday and 1 egg has only 7 g protein

and moreover body also burns fat while digesting proteins :)
You didnt notice the :p and the lol at the end did you?.. :|

universal said:
my priority is not to loose weight...just build the strength rest will follow

i m 106kg....couple of months back i was arnd 99kgs....gained 5kg in 2months but i dont look fatty

protein is must....from various sources like whey,egg,boiled daal,cottage cheese(hard to get),various nuts

i also feel i m in protein deficiency...may be dont take 200g of protein everyday....i need to work on it with proper diet

and between all that typing, you failed to notice the lol and the :p which indicated it to be a joke :|

True, though a lot of things depend on the quality of fish oil, there is debate/confusion/miscopceptions about fish-oils all over the world. Some even claim they add lemon so that stale fish doesnot smell bad to users! (I am not claiming anything!) DHA is the most important in omega3s and is most difficult to microfilter/remove PCBs/mercury/procure etc hence many companies put more EPA and less DHA including carlson. This doesnot mean carlson is not good, it is the one suggested by the founder of stronglifts and he does a lot of research on anything he says. "Bullet Proof Knees" is a very good book written by a powerlifter who had knee surgeries. The book is a good one suggested by SL founder and many other known names in the industry. That book mentions this mighty fish oils that has more DPA than EPA (the only one i've come to know, though again availibility will be a problem here as usual :(

This is the one:

"Flameout Inflammation Scavenger"
Mohit avoid claiming things like "This is best/that is best". Maybe we can have a GO for fish oils man.
MohitPreet said:
^ no my dear even 2-3 caps are less than wat ur body requires , each mega-3 cap has EPa- 180mg and DHA -120mg , and ur body needs 1000mg (1g) daily. The best source of fish oil is carlson fish oil which has 1000mg in 1 cap , but its not avl here i think in india, u can source that through GEB or ICC , or u can use mega-3 caps avl locally from medical shops for abt Rs 5/ cap and if u feel the heat in this weather , that has a diff solution , by drinking lots of water throughout the day nimbu pani namak wala not sugar :p

started working out again after a break of 2 months...after simple push ups and free weight my body is killing me. Arm just working out for 30 mins each day and will slowly increase it to 1 1/2 hrs like i used to do :)

Rockfella need advice i just have two dumbbell and rubber plates till 10 kgs what other equipment should i invest in ? i was thinking of a bench press and a normal bench and some rods...any advice ?

Back