The Fitness Thread !

Re: The Fitness Thread !

It seems it is impossible for me to control hunger @ night. After 8:00 I tend to eat lot of food. I eat correctly for the whole day except during the night times, which spoils everything.

Is there any solution to this

Proper breakfast and lunch, and better choices in snacks - Milk, fruits, nuts.

raptor3624 said:
How would one create calorie deficit effectively?If I eat food anything less than I am eating right now(which is not much.. it's about at maintenancelevel I believe), I dont think I can handle it.
For example, if I eat less food during dinner.I get hungry by 11 and cannot go to sleep.
Last night I ate only 2 chapatis with sabzi and protein shake, I woke up damn hungry at 5 in the morning.

I understand vaguely that calorie deficit is more of eating less calorie content food.say reduce by 500 cals.But it is so damn hard.
Add food items which have very negligible calorie count like cucumber to your last meal.

Bl^nK said:
Add food items which have very negligible calorie count like cucumber to your last meal.
ah yes.thats good advice.I used to that.slipped out of my mind.Any more similar food items to add?

You can get these easily in local market: beet,cabbage,carrot,radish,spinach,lettuce,orange,watermelon(seasonal),tomato.

Broccoli,Brussels sprouts are also good, should be available in supermarkets.

Something I found for a little motivation :

wallpaper890134.jpg

That's a pathetic excuse to go to gym up there, that will motivate you to train only for your appearance and I've seen guys like that who like to only curl and bench, don't care about lower body at all, but anyways that's better than no gym at all.

I have done the cardio,plyo,yoga,abs bunch of times from P90X and they are hard...but satisfying...i hate it, but i love it :p

Wondering when Ill get enough motivation to start it proper

Usual gymming/cycling going on till then

Have maintained a 1-1.5kg loss/month almost a year without changes i would want to revert

I wanted to avoid saying this but this is 100% true!

blkrb0t said:
That's a pathetic excuse to go to gym up there, that will motivate you to train only for your appearance and I've seen guys like that who like to only curl and bench, don't care about lower body at all, but anyways that's better than no gym at all.
You are misisng the real deal. Since you've experimented so much give strength training a shot!

nukeu666 said:
I have done the cardio, plyo, yoga, abs bunch of times from P90X and they are hard...but satisfying...i hate it, but i love it. Wondering when Ill get enough motivation to start it proper

Usual gymming/cycling going on till then Have maintained a 1-1.5kg loss/month almost a year without changes i would want to revert

I want to gain weight. I am5.9 and around 55 kgs. I look smart enough and not very lean too.

What I want it to gain some biceps + Stamina + 5 + kgs.

I am only doing exercise with 8 kg dumble's ( 3 sets of 20 each with a gap of 3 mins ) every day.

I eat a lot of junk foood + normal diet ( 2 meal + break fast types)

If I take any good weight gainer or any other powder with minimal workout rather no work out apart from the dumbel's,is the powder any usefull? If so Please let me know which will work for me well. I want this to be achieved in next 3-4 months with out any hurray.

urssriks said:
I look smart enough and not very lean too.
You LOOK smart?

urssriks said:
I am only doing exercise with 8 kg dumble's ( 3 sets of 20 each with a gap of 3 mins ) every day.

Follow a food exercise regime.PLAN.Follow 3X5 or 5X5 Stronglifts regime.

urssriks said:
If I take any good weight gainer or any other powder with minimal workout rather no work out apart from the dumbel's,is the powder any usefull? If so Please let me know which will work for me well. I want this to be achieved in next 3-4 months with out any hurray.
No junk food.Eat a lot but nutritious food.Dont need those weight gainers.Eat a lot of eggs, chicken,paneer.Drink a lot of milk.

Work out well.Form a good foundation of the regime and understand the basics, it's dynamics.Spend less time infront of the mirror or gawking at girls if you are at a fancy gym.FOCUS on your workout

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

For starters, go through this entire thread.

urssriks said:
I want to gain weight. I am5.9 and around 55 kgs. I look smart enough and not very lean too.

-Reduce the rest period to 30-45 seconds.If possible try and get heavier dumbells, 8-10 reps for 3-4 sets.

-Disregard junk food, eat minimum 4 meals a day, if possible try and distribute food intake to 6 meals.Keep food macros to 40/40/20 for a clean bulk, 40% carbs, 40% proteins and 20% fats.

-As you are from UK you can pretty much find decent casein powder and protein power in supplement stores locally. Won't recommend any brands though, google and read reviews. If possible add multivitamin and omega3/6 oil caps too.

-Lastly work on overall aesthetics rather than just biceps unless you are aiming to look something similar to popeye.

Good Luck with your goals.

How much time after waking up can I hit the gym? Can I go there w/o having any food? Or should I take some food before hitting gym?

If I should eat before gym, will papaya, otas+milk be a good choice?

One hour after waking up. It takes some time for some liquid(water probably) to have a good flow in the backbone, this way you can avoid injuries (not many people know/might sound alien to you). You can have bread/bananas pre workout but it depends on how much you can tolerate so discover your OWN intake with trying and testing.

dragonball said:
How much time after waking up can I hit the gym? Can I go there w/o having any food? Or should I take some food before hitting gym?

If I should eat before gym, will papaya, otas+milk be a good choice?

Back