The Fitness Thread !

^ So you want me to post all his videos here to give a 'balanced coverage'?
Come on people, you are on a tech forum, you need to have at least 1 molecule of intelligence in your body
Go to the youtube page where this video is, you will get all his related videos on the side of the page, watch them and then decide if he is bullshitting.

BTW heres a toned down review from the same person

Clearly that one molecule isn't apparently at work, with you. You didn't even get what the message (whey isn't $hit, bad marketing is) was and I see no point expanding this discussion further.

Supplements are definitely over rated. A lot of them. Some fad ones just come in and go. Most of them don't work. Creatine works but the effect fades off once you're off it. It is the single most powerful and cheapest supplement that works. Specially for vegetarians.[DOUBLEPOST=1427882158][/DOUBLEPOST]http://www.daviscofoods.com/

http://www.saputoingredients.com/

These are respected and legit "OEMs" for a lot of popular whey supplement companies out there they say.

Last edited:
This really scared me, i recently started gym again and have been facing tightness along with pain in my right pectoral, especially near the tendons. Good thing i had legs today :p
The guy did a follow up video. And that was scarier. He flexes his muscles and the tendon that broke was MISSING, like you can see on the right but not on the left. DAMN

needed suggestions for workout songs. my problem is i dont like the recent hip hop, dubstep, remix songs. my kind of workout songs are Final Countdown by Europe, Gonna Fly Now from Rocky (almost all the rocky songs), Sweet child o mine by Guns N Roses
Can you suggest any similar songs for working out?
P.S. Hindi songs are also welcome but they should be for working out

needed suggestions for workout songs. my problem is i dont like the recent hip hop, dubstep, remix songs. my kind of workout songs are Final Countdown by Europe, Gonna Fly Now from Rocky (almost all the rocky songs), Sweet child o mine by Guns N Roses
Can you suggest any similar songs for working out?
P.S. Hindi songs are also welcome but they should be for working out
Why does one need workout songs?
To motivate yourself?
To block out the ambient noise?
To concentrate on what you are doing?

Why does one need workout songs?
To motivate yourself?
To block out the ambient noise?
To concentrate on what you are doing?

It literally gives you the same effect as a pre workout supplement without the nasty chemicals, pumps you up both for cardio as well as for weight lifting

Check out this video, you can just listen to the audio while working out

I had a bad experience recently cause of a whey protein (Dymatize ISO) bought off a supplements store locally. I started getting huge boils all over my body, 13-15 in a span of 2 months. In the beginning I didn't know what caused it, so I consulted 2 or 3 doctors. They suggested me several tests and it all came back normal. No diabetes, no allergy, no infection etc. Ultimately, I did a lot of dietary and lifestyle changes as well as maxed out my hygienic factor and changed my supplements (I had purchased some whey protein from US and there were some left, so would switch to that occasionally). In this process I found out that, whenever I stopped taking Dymatize ISO, boils would stop recurring and whenever I started it, the boils would recur. This happened three times, and by then I was pretty sure that Dymatize ISO was the trigger. I ultimately stopped taking it. Now, I have read it's reviews, did googling related to whey protein and boils, but nothing significant comes up. So it's most likely not related to the product or whey protein in general, rather seems that it could have caused because the product might not have been genuine. I asked a few trainers in Delhi and Mumbai and they all agreed that many supplement stores and dealers do sell counterfeit / expired / adulterated products.

Now with new supplement stores popping out everywhere, with heavy price variation among them and operating without any regulation, where do you guys buy your protein from and how do you make sure that they are genuine?

Buying off from US is not a very pleasing option because it gets downright expensive (at least 1.5 times using Amazon and freight forwarders) and switching to natural protein sources such as chicken is not an option for me at least for another year or so.

Last edited:
Now with new supplement stores popping out everywhere, with heavy price variation among them and operating without any regulation, where do you guys buy your protein from and how do you make sure that they are genuine?

Buying off from US is not a very pleasing option because it gets downright expensive (at least 1.5 times using Amazon and freight forwarders) and switching to natural protein sources such as chicken is not an option for me at least for another year or so.

Buy from any 'so-called trusted' Manufacturer/retailer/seller/ and drink everyday. It should work, at least you will feel it inside your head. :p
Make sure 50% of protein consumption comes from actual food, so that you won't be disappointed completely on protein supplements. :)

I got a ISO Solid foam roller and do extensive foam rolling (AKA Mashing), then static stretching then dynamic warm-up then some explosive 3/4 reps for the exercise I do. Results are amazing. I feel much more flexible and PRs have gone up.

Current stats: (After a long layoff)

Back Squat: 90 kgs 3 sets of 5
Front Squat: 60 kgs 3 sets of 5
Press: 52.5 kgs 3 sets of 5,5,4 (depending on how rested I am)
DL - 110 kgs (Will go up soon)
Chinups - 8
Pullups - 6
I just can't bench right, my shoulders can't take it, so have decided to stop benching completely for some months instead will do dips (then weighted dips) and good old pushups. Gradually I will move on to high rep training 8-12 range.

Back