The india vs australia series discussion thread

We need to start watching the sport...... too many people see a battle down there when there isnt any......All I would say is that it was a game of cricket worth watching......hats off to both teams for their fighting spirit.

shantanil said:
+1 to that

Just look at the way Sachin's got out and the way the others followed in the silliest manner possible.

The manner in which the Powerhouses - Gambhir, Yuvraj and Dhoni played.

Why was the power play not taken earlier when Sachin and Raina were going great guns?

India will surely win the next one at Guwahati. This will set up the last match at Mumbai and will also ensure packed audiences.

Seems some pre-decided agreement between the 2 boards if not match fixing. If I were a bookie I would vote for Australia losing it in the next one and the final match being a truely fought one.

We have seen enough of these finishes by India to go on being fooled by the cricketers and the board. Find out new methods to fool us, and above all stop cheating the nation.

WOW.

Seriously this post can't be for real. I mean...wow...

If they were doing this for full audiences, Pakistan would have also barely beaten New Zealand in UAE in their series day before yesterday. That's UAE - the heartland of match fixing, and Pakistan, the founder country of match fixing. But instead we saw a boring match where Pak literally crushed NZ. And you think we won't see house full crowds even if India was delivering a 5-0 whitewhash on Australia? And what about the 2nd ODI where India defeated Australia by 99runs? Was that fixed too?

HERE, we have World's No.1 Team = Australia, vs World's No.2 Team = India. Australia is half injured, that puts Australia right around India's bench strength. What happens when both these teams play their hearts out? We get an incredibly close match. And of all the countries, accusing Australia, and of all the players, accusing Sachin of match fixing?

Please ban this guy.

Honestly, It was a privilege to watch the greatest ODI innings ever played.

Unfortunately,this innings would never be given its due because India lost the plot once again.

Sachin is not a God, there is only so much a man can do.

Ah well, go on, flame him.

^^ Why? Don't you wanna score good? Let your team (class) fail, but at least you play your part. :p

nixy_15 said:
OMG :(

Cant imagine how Sachin must be feeling right now. :cry:

BTW, when he was presented with the bike key...he wasnt taking it. He took the trophy...then later on took the key...i guess he dint want it at all after the result.

Did he shed a tear right before he was put on mic. :huh:

:cry: :cry:

I don't think he will cry for a loss such as this. I was once listening to his interview and he was asked what is his most heart breaking moment in his cricketing career and he said that the World cup finals they lost against Australia in 2003 is his biggest regret.

And I can understand that, he knows India will never again get a chance so well to win a world cup, at least while he's active. And I reckon every player of any country for any game must have an end goal to get the most prestigious victory while being part of it.

@magnet

Gosh! people are full of conspiracy theories. I firmly believe that the match was not fixed.

I guess you would have managed to weave some fixing theory whatever the result. If you want a match without twists and turns then there are few sports that can manage that.

It was a great batting track and even after 4 wickets were down I knew couple of good partnerships were always on the cards. On this track even Bhajji and Praveen are capable bats. The latter opened for Karnataka on a few occasions as a pinch hitter and did reasonably well.

Jadeja was batting alright till he ran like a lunatic on that ball. He is probably the fastest runner in the indian team, but not that fast. I think the Indian team is looking for a bits and pieces cricketer at number 7 and so he gets the nod. Rohit sharma is probably the best young indian batsman, but he is at times too casual and needed to be given a break. I hope Rohit returns soon because he also seems to be improving as a bowler...

Bad luck India. But India can still win the series IMO and can do it without any fixing.

Take a bow.....Sachin.....the Indian i respect the most. What an innings under extreme pressure but the rest of the team didnt deliver.....Was distraught at the end of the match as India ended up on the losing side but what a match it was.....i hope we can win the next two and win the series.

@microsoft - How do ur words taste?

all i can hope is better performance as a team from team India..

i really dont care if we loose... until and unless we give it our best....hope they learnt even a little about team spirit last match...

as for sachin... i hope and believe he would shine again in the remaining matches to finish the business he meant.

PS: Dhoni shall step down from captain-ship in ODI..it's not his arena anymore.

madnav said:
PS: Dhoni shall step down from captain-ship in ODI..it's not his arena anymore.[/COLOR]

I can agree with everything else .

BUT dhoni as a captain is INDIA's best BET !

as they say " Andhon mien kanda raja" :p

Translation : "The one eyed king in the land of the BLIND" :S

! 0 t A said:
I can agree with everything else .

BUT dhoni as a captain is INDIA's best BET !

as they say " Andhon mien kanda raja" :p

Translation : "The one eyed king in the land of the BLIND" :S

kandaa nahin kana :p

vij said:
@magnet
Gosh! people are full of conspiracy theories. I firmly believe that the match was not fixed.
I guess you would have managed to weave some fixing theory whatever the result. If you want a match without twists and turns then there are few sports that can manage that.

It was a great batting track and even after 4 wickets were down I knew couple of good partnerships were always on the cards. On this track even Bhajji and Praveen are capable bats. The latter opened for Karnataka on a few occasions as a pinch hitter and did reasonably well.

Jadeja was batting alright till he ran like a lunatic on that ball. He is probably the fastest runner in the indian team, but not that fast. I think the Indian team is looking for a bits and pieces cricketer at number 7 and so he gets the nod. Rohit sharma is probably the best young indian batsman, but he is at times too casual and needed to be given a break. I hope Rohit returns soon because he also seems to be improving as a bowler...

Bad luck India. But India can still win the series IMO and can do it without any fixing.

Again ill say i m not saying its fixed.....

If it would had been fixed we would had gone down just before we used to start batting right at time of azhar so no hope to even reach the target

But the way couple of batsmen lost their wicket it was like we were batting for first time or had lost hope or didnt had a pinch of patience

ALso i m disappointed the way sachin got out......he shdnt have gave his wicket to a newcomer on such silly shot.....bowled,lbw,run out even a better catch by fielder would made feel that bowler earn his wicket...but the way he got it makes u say he threw his wicket(which we know he didnt)...why on earth he had to play a shot like that when he himself was rotating the strike for jadeja to hit..

The team having so much staff cant even feed a simple logic to jadejas head that praveen kumar can hit the ball...that was totally absurd..u earn billions but u cant feed a tip to a person heads feels absurd

Aus had covered the legside boundries except fine-leg during powerplay. Few occasions Sachin tried to make room and hit through the offside and the bowler followed him. Perhaps Sachin was trying to second guess him while attempting that shot, but the bowler bowled a slower ball and sachin got the toe of the bat. That shot was aimed at the right ball, right line but wrong pace. It was a percentage shot at that time, but bad luck!

If that shot had come off India would have won with an over to spare. Sadly, it was not to be. Maybe you are right, he didnt really really have to play that shot. I guess it was just too tempting to not do that to a bowler who kept bowling in-darts with the fine leg up.

Back